wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

1 hour ago, BlueLatios said:

If the egg hasn't hatched, find a trade partner to take and give back the egg. Influence wears off after abandoning or teleporting :v

Way too late for that now, it found a good home at least.  This was like a month ago.  But hey, just learned a new thing!

Well, there goes my proof that you should neeeever make decisions when it's past 10pm. I thought I was trading a bunch of CB hatchies to obtain a copper egg (which seemed too good to be true), to realize this morning it was an ash egg. *RIP* Should have double checked. 

Edited by relaks

Making any kind of important decisions early in the morning OR late at night. And expecting good results. *still shocked her shims didn't get sick from the rash Incubating and ER-hatching last night*

Mis-clicking while breeding, resulting in a non-perfect Silver going to the AP. That should have been a PERFECT checker dammit, not a mix :(

Left a trade hanging out there for 5 minutes, a quite hard trade (or so I thought) of CB Zyumorph for any low-time hatchling.

Checked back to see I was offered 7 times, a total of 4 (or 5) offers. I feel bad now for accepting the first offer and automatically rejecting the others :l Should've known trades like these gets fast offers >.<

Used Earthquake BSA for the first and last time. Checked other hatchlings, Kill actions left became 4. So basically, Earthquake is a one-click Kill all eggs in scroll. That's not what I expected 😐

(Bite did this too, it was too late when I realised the death that happened, Bite has no warnings, just bite)

Offered a Red Dino in the Trading Hub for 4 low-time hatchlings, indeed someone got me what I wanted.

What did I do while waiting for the offer to come? Hunt in the AP and got myself another hatchling (one so good that I posted it in another thread).

He couldn't wait for an hour for me to have just 1 more extra slot, so he cancelled the trade.

Remind me to not hunt while a trade is available -_- I could've gotten 4 adult dragons quickly before, instead I kept on hunting.

Just a tiny thing, but... I had two CB eggs on cooldown that I intended to put up for trade as soon as I was able. One got off cooldown two hours ago, the other one hour ago. Completely forgot, and now it's past-bedtime. I hate leaving trades up while I'm asleep (always worried someone will offer and then cancel before I can check) so they'll just sit on my scroll until morning. It's not like they're locking me, or like that would even matter while I'm sleeping, but it's annoying regardless.

I cleared out my eggslots to do a round of breeding 8 pairs of a new project.....and now remembered that I've burned through all my purples again.  I'm not starting without them, not when I want specific names together.   Dang, I always thing I have enough Fertility but they get used up fast for such a long cooldown.

was editing a post, switched tabs to look up something to insert into the post, modified my post, and when switching to the lookup tab accidentally clicked a bookmark instead of the lookup tab ... all changes lost :(

https://dragcave.net/lineage/nEIjj

It wasn't even a checkered to begin with, no wonder noone is accepting this when I offered, not even a random hatchling :l

And I misclicked in the biome twice today, taking up 1 egg slot for 10 hours. My brain feels dumb today >.<

15 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/nEIjj

It wasn't even a checkered to begin with, no wonder noone is accepting this when I offered, not even a random hatchling :l

And I misclicked in the biome twice today, taking up 1 egg slot for 10 hours. My brain feels dumb today >.<

There are plenty of people around who would gladly help you build your scroll or reach your goals... If only your profile had some info about what kind of hatchies you are looking for... or if your scroll was sorted after breed or something that lets other see what you might be missing... 😉

10 minutes ago, Zimtie said:

There are plenty of people around who would gladly help you build your scroll or reach your goals... If only your profile had some info about what kind of hatchies you are looking for... or if your scroll was sorted after breed or something that lets other see what you might be missing... 😉

I'm glad there are, some people did help me before, the rest are just helping anonymously through trades or the AP ^_^

Not looking for anything in particular (though BSAs are bonus), getting Platinum trophy first before I shift focus to lineages, and the group sorted by breed is the Cave-born group.

Caught a Cheese and a Paper, set up a trade for them, get offered some nice things, decided to wait, accepted one later. 

Then I spotted a CB Silver trade asking for unbreedables. I Have only one CB Silver.

Well at least I got a Dino plus rare.

Saw a CB Gold in the Cave.

What do I do?
As usual, random click another biome instead of pausing to realise that it's a Gold egg.

At least I finally get to see another Gold egg after days of hunting -_-

I was holding onto a low-time egg until 3d for no reason as I ended up napping past the time my Pink could have influenced it. It was precogged the wrong gender so I knew for sure it'd gender wrong if I mess up. Why on earth would I take a long nap when I knew there were only 1-2 hours in between the time the Pink would come off cooldown and the time the egg would be too old to influence? Ugh.

Edited by Nagapie

Not sure if this is stupid, but I should really have gotten used to this by now... switching between my scroll tab and forum tab and getting confused because the "new notifications" icon on the scroll looks like the "no new notifications" icon on the forum. :rolleyes:

I keep two DC-related spreadsheets. I have, stupidly, gotten really lazy about updating them when I actually get new adults. To the point where I am currently having to go through my entire scroll to figure out what needs updating. (I thought it might be easier, when it comes to actual adult breed numbers, to simply make temporary groups with the 'add breed' option and see how many end up in the group... Then I realized just how many frozen hatchlings I have that I have to remember to subtract from each count.)

it happened a good while ago but its still burned into my brain from the shame

ya see that image? i bred them when egglocked. somewhere some lucky duck got one of those eggs from the AP

image.png

Saw an abandoned Red-tailed wyrm Pygmy in the AP.

Am egglocked.

How dumb can I be, thinking of abandoning a random hatchling instead of an egg, and hoping that none took it for 8 seconds?
Stupidity has no limits >.<

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I keep two DC-related spreadsheets. I have, stupidly, gotten really lazy about updating them when I actually get new adults. To the point where I am currently having to go through my entire scroll to figure out what needs updating.

Temp-sort by age and look at the last page(s)?

My first impulse was to check the lineage of an offer I got on my trade. That is stupid because they were new release eggs which *cannot* have been bred yet XD

6 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

My first impulse was to check the lineage of an offer I got on my trade. That is stupid because they were new release eggs which *cannot* have been bred yet

I do this a lot too, or when I'm sorting my new release dragons into groups based on lineage, I KNOW they're caveborn because the breed is new and in the breed's short history I'd never picked up anything but caveborns. But I still check their lineages. :rolleyes: