wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

+1 to the auto-abandon crowd derp.

Picked up a Soulpeace from the AP. Oh cool, I have this 5yo lineage with the same pattern. They can be mates. Bred an egg from mine, and it's a Hellhorse just like I need. However, you realize that you have plenty of eggs and hatchlings to take care of, so you decide to abandon it.

(I have an ER egg that I assumed hatched by now to make room. It didn't)

Also joining the auto-abandon crowd. Just had a gold x garland go straight to the AP, and I'm normally good about checking before doing a breeding like that. Oh well. Changed the parents' names to see if I can get it back, but if not, at least I have the rest of the year to breed another.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the other stupid thing I did. I bought a Siyat from the market when I realized I didn't have a male of a specific color... and influenced it female. Didn't even realize until today, when I went to breed it with its intended mate. The color mechanic of Siyats will make raising another one even more annoying.

Edited by Capricornus

I haven't been able to breed anything for days now. All new pairs, but no available fertilities.. I can't risk having things refuse. Why didn't I know I needed more purples? And nobody seems to be wanting to trade hatchlings of them anymore either.

"Hey, a fox-coded Carina. I bet Confused Cat would like this for their CB fox lineage project." Yes, I did figure it out eventually.

Missed a Dino *and* a Zyu in the same 5-minute shuffle because I was only half paying attention. Took me way too long to actually focus on the descriptions.

Just bred a Carina dragon from my CB tan Ridgewing, and forgot I was egglocked. First time that pairing has given me a Carina over a Nebula.

Accidentally abandoned one of my precious black-checkers because I didn't check egg-limits, i'm gonna be ticked if this is the one that decides to alt!

Just wasted a freeze on an S1 when I was supposed to wait for it to gender, had to release it.

I got a super cool and wonderfully awesome Heartseeker kin gift two years ago. I keep forgetting to breed a mate for it during Valentine's holiday breeding. Hopefully THIS year I won't forget. 

Forgot about how long it takes hatchlings to grow, breed refusals, & failed breed attempts

Also somehow had the brilliant idea to breed rares with commons forgetting that I'll most likely end up with the common breed OTL

Forgot to come back to put my new Christmas dragon eggs into a daycare because my mother was in the hospital and they died. There's always next year, but i feel like an idiot.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:01 PM, blockEdragon said:

Accidentally abandoned one of my precious black-checkers because I didn't check egg-limits, i'm gonna be ticked if this is the one that decides to alt!

I T    A L T E D

The ONE time I abandon one of those eggs (by accident no less!) it alts.

Freaking life sometimes.

Ah well, I genuinely hope whoever gets it is happy. I'll just have to try again next time.

Edited by blockEdragon

Abandoned a 2 gen SA egg.......

It told me never use your account when you stayed up late writing papers.

(Thanks to someone who return it to me)

Sorry, I'm egglocked, and I'd offer to help - but you could try the Random Scroll Help thread. As a fellow misinfluencer, I feel your pain. Good luck - hope you can get it sorted!

@littleangelamy22

(sorry for the random @ placement. My phone really isn't behaving at all O_o)

The other day there was a problem with some scrolls only sorting by date. I went into my account and changed the sorting option to see if it fixed the problem. It did not. Finally, TJ fixed the issue but for the life of me, I couldn't get my scroll back to looking the way it did before.

Turns out I had set my scroll to some sort of 'legacy breed name' and it's no longer available once you switch it out. I had no idea! I hate all the other scroll options. The closest I could find was by Breed but I hated how dinos were separated by chickens and pygmies were all over the place. The way I had it before, Christmas dragons were all together, Halloweeens, etc. Visually, it looked much nicer. 

I got fed up and custom sorted my scroll using the previously Legacy Breed Name layout by looking at someone else's scroll, which took me like 6 hours to do. I went to bed at 2 AM because I had to get it done and it was driving me nuts.  So now while it looks fine, every time a dragon grows up, I have to manually sort it into the right spot which is so frustrating. 

Had I known this would happen, I never would have touched my scroll. I'm still kicking myself. Gah.

I didn't have time to breed and gather shards earlier than today and now the price of the Golds in the market has gone up to 3800! Kicking myself over the fact that I just didn't make time to do the bit of breeding so I could've gotten the Gold at a cheaper price and not having to wait yet another week...

Got a 2G Holly from black over the holidays, figured I'd breed it a mate.

Get a little ambitious and decide to breed an alt black as the mate. Raise bunches of black eggs from Holly, bred and traded, luck into an alt early on(are we in an alt surge?). Alt genders correctly, and spend a few days thinking about the lineage. 

Alt grows up, go to breed it and the Holly together. Realize something is wrong...the Holly was mis gendered the entire darn time. 

*cracks knuckles*  Ive got this.

I spent 10 years on this site trying to catch one of each. CB didn't matter, I just wanted to collect. Only one gender? Perfect I just need one!

...I now need over 200 CBs. Including 2 Golds, a Silver, three types of Copper and 12 kinds of Prize dragons with lineages that don't look like someone put the DC Encyclopedia in a blender.

And, and, I never thought Id need more than 4 Magi, 5 of each gender Pink, and 7 Reds. I *laughs like someone whos left a chunk of their sanity in the biomes* I have made some mistakes.

7 minutes ago, bloodyneptune said:

*cracks knuckles*  Ive got this.

I spent 10 years on this site trying to catch one of each. CB didn't matter, I just wanted to collect. Only one gender? Perfect I just need one!

...I now need over 200 CBs. Including 2 Golds, a Silver, three types of Copper and 12 kinds of Prize dragons with lineages that don't look like someone put the DC Encyclopedia in a blender.

And, and, I never thought Id need more than 4 Magi, 5 of each gender Pink, and 7 Reds. I *laughs like someone whos left a chunk of their sanity in the biomes* I have made some mistakes.

But hey, you now have a really good reason to spend 10 years more! :D

Gaaaahhhh!  Locked myself again with an egg I don't need for the second day in a row.  Biome hunting was going pretty well until then, too . . . -_-

Got distracted with life stuff and forgot to keep track of how many unnamed dragons I had..... 83 now. Ugghhh.

Hi-5 to the accidental breeding CB to non-CB lineage mistakes :unsure:

Hopefully it becomes a good freeze fodder, perhaps