wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Ack. Bred an important pair when I was at egg limits. They had an egg but thankfully it's not the kind I needed.

tomorrow is my birthday and I'm scroll locked! if I get anything from the bday thread I won't be able to accept for the next 24 hours!

....and I right now I got a good offer on my Dino,....but, I'm scroll locked! XC

Now, I need to find some newbie to gift some stuff XD

I bred one of my Spriter Alts to a super messy dragon. And passed the offspring off to another artist who bred it the same. It was ideal chaos.

Forgot to influenced a Mageia Xeno egg and it ended up male, now I have two males. Gonna try and swap him...

Bred a lovely lineaged silver with a Gaia mate hoping for a silver to continue the checker...well, I got a silver. I forgot I was egg locked and it got abandoned. Whoops. Oh well. I'll try next time. 

Forgot to check my magi stock and ran out of teleports after a night of hunting, gifting and trading. Usually I got a good handle on these things... had too much fun! Oh well, I’m locked so nothing to do but wait.

11 hours ago, becondethuong1307 said:

Forgot to check my magi stock and ran out of teleports after a night of hunting, gifting and trading. Usually I got a good handle on these things... had too much fun! Oh well, I’m locked so nothing to do but wait.

I got a low time Magi hatchie if you want her. 

Appreciate the lovely trades, by the way. 

Sadly, did something ELSE stupid. REALLY stupid....bred my male Gold metallic...my ONLY one...he never produces an egg. Like, ever. This time...HE DID, OMG! Oh crap. "Too many eggs" message. Well, phooey. I guess I could try getting the egg back, but...here's to hoping he finally made it over the breeding hump and will give me more eggs from now on.

"This name code is not really good, but I guess I'll still take it."

*takes it*

"Argh, it's a drake, and I really don't want to start collecting name-coded drakes! I guess I'll abandon it tomorrow."

Next day:

"Goodbye, drake egg! Hello, scroll space for cave hunting!"

*hunts*

"Hmmm, this name code is not really good, but I guess I'll take it."

*grabs strange markings egg from the Forest*

Bred an egg, got the wrong breed, tried to turn it into a Vampire but it died... and AFTER that I noticed that it had a nearly perfect name code! Stupid, stupid *bangs head on desk*

I feel stupid for doing anything that isn't digging through the cave looking for codes at this point. No matter what I do I always fail at it. Zombifying, NDing, Vamping, breeding, trading... it all just results in wasted time and dragons.

Trust me, you'll feel equally stupid with a scroll full of growing codes XD Makes you always wonder what else you could have accomplished while they grow!

4 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Trust me, you'll feel equally stupid with a scroll full of growing codes XD Makes you always wonder what else you could have accomplished while they grow!

I've started to consider it a chance at looking at sprites I wouldn't usually have on my scroll. I could, of course, just look at them somewhere else, but that would be too easy. :P

Arrgghhh just missed a CB Gold because I spazz-clicked all *around* the egg! Dang dang dang.

Accidentally added my eggs in too many click sites. ._. Hopefully they pull through with incubate + ward + fog, if not then, shame on me.  😓

19 minutes ago, AislinnSi said:

Forgot to influence my gold hatchie to be male.

Decide to name it John Manly the Masculine Dragon in order to encourage masculinity.

...24 hours later we have John Manly the Masculine Male Dragon😁

I wish that worked for forgotten influences! I really needed a Black Tea to be male, but had forgot to influence. She turned up female, when I did NOT need one at all. I froze her as a S2 hatchie, because they're adorable as hatchies.

I spaz clicked yet ANOTHER CB thunder. I hate these things so much, and for some reason, I can't stop clicking them. I end up giving them away because I can't even find COMMON trades for them. 

I'm trying to get a purple Siyat, but you can only get those if they hatch early.

So, a let my dragon get a lot of views, get to big hole stage, and try to hatch it with earthquake.

However, I have other eggs, and it works about as well as you expect:

2088191764_Earthquakeattempts-Mypoorpygmiesonlyonesurvived.PNG.feb50388760be6ee3b16d0ed3193c371.PNG

All my pygmy eggs break and die except one that I got, and the two other eggs, including my Siyat is unaffected.

Welp. That sucks.

But I obviously didn't learn my lesson, I try again with the Earthquake two more times, because I REALLY want a purple Siyat. Unaffected. Nothing happens to both eggs.

So, I get risky, and try to force the egg, MANUALLY.

And now I'm sad. 

Because my Siyat is dead. I killed it. And now, I get no hatchie at all.

I am very, Very, Very Sad.

Never again.

@Shokomon Very sorry about your Earthquake deaths - that's why I've never used it since testing it out a couple of times after I first joined DC.  It's just not worth it.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by getting a Purple Siyat by making it hatch early?  Purple ones happen if they're under 2 days without the use of incubate.  Basically you have to sit on a Siyat egg for a full 5 Days if you want a purple.

3 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

@Shokomon Very sorry about your Earthquake deaths - that's why I've never used it since testing it out a couple of times after I first joined DC.  It's just not worth it.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by getting a Purple Siyat by making it hatch early?  Purple ones happen if they're under 2 days without the use of incubate.  Basically you have to sit on a Siyat egg for a full 5 Days if you want a purple.

WAIT REALLY.

I HEARD YOU HAD TO HATCH THEM EARLY.

WAAAAAAAAAAH. *cries forever*

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

WAIT REALLY.

Yeah, you have my profoundest sympathies :(.  The DC Wiki isn't perfect, but most of the dragon info is right, so it pays to fact check your source.

9 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

WAIT REALLY.

Oh goodness I'm sorry about your bad luck and misinformation. You *do* need to hatch Siyats early for a specific color, but that color is green, not purple. And you don't need to do anything as risky as forcing it, Incubating it and having it hatch as soon as it can will still do the job.

1 hour ago, Sunrunner said:

Yeah, you have my profoundest sympathies :(.  The DC Wiki isn't perfect, but most of the dragon info is right, so it pays to fact check your source.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

Oh goodness I'm sorry about your bad luck and misinformation. You *do* need to hatch Siyats early for a specific color, but that color is green, not purple. And you don't need to do anything as risky as forcing it, Incubating it and having it hatch as soon as it can will still do the job.

Thank you both....

And this is why you always check your sources, my friends.

This is also why this thread exists.

TT______TT

Don't ever go egg hunting when you're tired... because then you'll be too busy complaining to yourself about how no Siyats spawned and you miss a Blancblack like an idiot. :rolleyes:

Every time I see a trade in the trading hub where someone has the same egg as I have, like if they have a CB Gaia Xenowyrm and are asking for a different Xenowyrm, and I have a Gaia too, I have to fight the urge to be annoying and offer my identical egg on their trade. :lol: No idea where that comes from.

Put a lineage project on hold for a few months, just decided to attempt to breed the next part.... Apparently one of the 2nd-gens from JANUARY gendered wrong and I had no clue until I tried to breed it?! I can't remember if I actually influenced it or forgot to. 

In my rush to post in one of the game forums due to time.  I stupidly forgot to change the CB egg to a linage link which gets slightly more complicated when doing it from cell.  Thankfully that was not an actually post that editing could have wrecked that post due to the 10 minute editing rule for the actually bingos had I also posted some. Luckily it was more of a comment post.