wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Put up a beautiful, completed Harry Potter Lyrical Lineage made up of all the "House Dragons" in the Trade Hub, but am asking for a 2G Spriter's Altkin. Typically, I think this to be ridiculous, but (censors name) drove me to it! Drove me to it with their recent Hub Trades wanting "interesting lineages" but I could never find them on time! Gah!

Edited by Nyxity

I accidentally abandoned a CB Yellow Zyu egg last week. I don't remember how exactly it happened and only noticed it about 20 minutes afterwards. I assume I was a bit distracted as I was cooking and checking my dragons simultaneously.

I'm building a nice big lineage and have had three refusals despite Fertility, and for any other breed, this would go to the "bad luck" thread, but these are turpentines, and leave it to Tabs to be short-sighted enough to plan a lineage that requires turpentine pairing with non-turpentines - it even says in their breed description: "they primarily breed among themselves", and I forgot that from the outset, and now I'm too stubborn to start over. 😬

So I've done many stupid things, but the latest? I found this amazing lineage at the AP: https://dragcave.net/lineage/vKRTD. What is the stupid part? I got excited about how amazing it is and ended up forgetting to influence the egg to match the rest of the lineage. Well, it hatched before I realized and by the time it grew up I noticed it gendered incorretcly. So basically I ruined the best lineage I've found in the AP so far... I kinda hate myself now.

Edited by Kaiserf11

Bought a Gaia Xeno from the market. And them an hour later got one from the caves. Yeah....good luck, and bad luck. Wasted shards. Oh well. At least I love them. 

"Looking at my calendar, I doubt I'll be able to do anything useful with these four hatchlings. Oh well. Let's put them up in the Trading section for some easy to get stuff, maybe I'll get a bite." Leaves for an hour to write more book thingsComes back, checks trade. "...guys, no. No. I need one offer, not six. Why did you have to make this awkward."

*cough* Sorry about that.

I have been cave-hunting the wrong way all this time.

I just realised that Dinos only appear in Jungle, same for a few other Rares. So why focus on all 6 areas when you can focus on one, I can finally get Dinos XD

I missed a Dino in above-mentioned Jungle...darn. I could trade one for a Cheese. 

More tinselfail breedings...why do tinsels hate other dragons this month!?

I forgot to use fertility on a Celestial pairing...and they gave me the no egg result. It's almost like they knew that I needed the egg for an IOU and decided to spite me.

I also was planning to do another 3G Prize massbreed to Departures today. Well most of my egg slots are full, so I can't do my usual 3 egg bundles (1 of each color). Guess I'll have to do singles or breed to the AP. Not a big deal, but it's more fun to do bundles.

Just accidentally picked up an Ash egg from the cave. I was trying to go for a Magma egg I saw there simultaenously but somehow took the wrong egg. A little annoying, considering I could now be sitting on the Magma instead. 😣

Got to (what I thought) 3G in this lineage until I finally took a look at it and realized that one of them... was not CB. *headdesk*

3g.jpg.a9dd641588944701f43c96157b75a62f.jpg

Unfogging a zombie fodder that I need to have die as an ungendered hatchling, forget about it for hours and come back to find it has so many views that it might gender by the time it's dead.
[this mood]

I’m trading for the 2nd gen building blocks of a new lineage, truffle/siyat, and I picked up three truffles two weeks ago. Just turned my scroll upside down trying to to find them. I was beginning to panic, thinking I’d accidentally killed or abandoned them because I don’t have a single bred truffle on my scroll. All three were siyats, not truffles, and they’re sitting safely where they belong. 😆

Just spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out why I had a fogged Black hatchling, since I only collect Blacks for freezing now and normally freeze them as soon as they hatch. I actually went through PMs to see if it was one someone had gifted me (nope). Finally unfogged it, DUH it's the Black that hatched as an Alt the other day, and I do need more adult Alts. Totally forgot that had even happened.

I was hunting for Balloons, found one...and then realized I was egg locked. Gah. Stupid egg limits! Stop saying I'm overburdened! I can take care of more!

I want to hunt rares for trades, but I keep locking myself with codes instead.

4 hours ago, Gryphonic said:

I want to hunt codes, but on phone (oops :v)

Takes a random egg from the AP and locked myself, seconds later abandoned hatchlings appear. Thanks to the generous people at that moment, but I didn't get them XD

5 hours ago, Gryphonic said:

Same here ...

And another one, I was a bit tired of waiting the person with Cheese to accept my offer of Paper, so I set up a public trade to trade it away. Probably the most stupid one besides accidentally clicking a Leetle Tree, as I forgot to include CB in the public message, and immediately accepted the first offer without checking its lineage. Good job me (lol)

I grabbed the wrong egg last night so I vamp'd it & it died.  >sigh<  Egg-locked for about another 10 hours or so, & I really want to biome hunt right now.

Unfogging a bred Siyat at 2D1H to start getting it views so it can hatch purple, then forgetting to keep an eye on it and having it hatch early.  This is after the second attempt at breeding the pair because they didn't make an egg the first time.  I'm very not pleased(and sorely tempted to off the hatchie), and I think if I do get I purple out of them, I'm done with Siyats.  They're very pretty and I love them, but I can't stand the mechanic and that purple is the hardest to get.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

1 hour ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Unfogging a bred Siyat at 2D1H to start getting it views so it can hatch purple, then forgetting to keep an eye on it and having it hatch early.

I did the very same with my first should-have-been-purple, too. Since then, I give them stats to get a big hole *before* they reach 4d, and then fog them until 1d23h. Add to one hatchery to give that one last view they need to hatch, and bam, insta-purple!

I stupidly waited for much too long again before starting Halloween preparations - I'll never get that *tan* Ridgewing on time for Halloween!

You go to Cave at the 5-minute mark, you see "shiny seems to radiate power", what do you do?

A. Insta-click that egg! 👆

B. Take too long to respond and miss the egg 😐

C. Leave it, you have too many Zyumorphs already 😅

D. Panic, click on another biome, then press back to close browser instead of back to the previous biome 💦

(You could probably guess what I did😂)

10 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I did the very same with my first should-have-been-purple, too. Since then, I give them stats to get a big hole *before* they reach 4d, and then fog them until 1d23h. Add to one hatchery to give that one last view they need to hatch, and bam, insta-purple!

I stupidly waited for much too long again before starting Halloween preparations - I'll never get that *tan* Ridgewing on time for Halloween!

I usually just wait until they're 1D23H, but I thought "I'm here, I can keep an eye on it and re-fog if needed" but noooooo, I had to go and get distracted!

Halloween plans!!! :o Haven't even started!

Edited by prpldrgnfr