wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Hunting for CB Gemshards, reloading until a weird egg showed up. I thought it was a caveblocker and ignored it. Later on, I searched it up on the wiki and realized that it was a Gold...How did I forget that?

I let three dragons I wanted to trade grow up on my scroll without thinking to stun them for the extra day. Sometimes my brain just exits the building. :rolleyes: Of course by the time I thought of it, they'd just grown up. 

I precog'd and influenced my Candelabra egg thinking is was my Monarch egg

It was going to be female which would actually have evened out my Candelabra gender ratios OTL

I was also confused why my freshly caught monarch egg was suddenly at 6 days but somehow didn't realize it was the wrong egg.

Edited by Mochi

Missed an Aeon in the biomes because I wasn't paying attention and clicked away before I realized what it was. Clicked back, it was gone. Also, just spent the past half hour frustrated that DC was being so unusually slow, before finally realizing I had an extension turned on that I know slows everything down (which is why I turned it off to begin with, don't remember turning it back on!).

Me: 'Oooo, all those eggs hatched this morning.   Time to breed some more!'

*Fills up all but one egg slot before . . . *

Me again: 'Wait.  Isn't it the end of the month?  Cripes, new release will probably happen!'

Derp.

1 hour ago, Sunrunner said:

Me: 'Oooo, all those eggs hatched this morning.   Time to breed some more!'

*Fills up all but one egg slot before . . . *

Me again: 'Wait.  Isn't it the end of the month?  Cripes, new release will probably happen!'

Derp.

Yup, that new-release frustration is real! I accepted trade offers with high-timed eggs, high enough that I'll have 4 eggslots taken up if we have a release within the next 30 hours, and I really really am not prepared to dump those awesome eggs.

Arrrgghhh! Had one newly-opened eggslot, was hunting for a new-release musky, did you know that Olives have 'musty' in their description? And that looks an awful lot like 'musky' when you are madly refreshing? Now locked for 5 hours with an egg that's not even good to trade. 

Waited patiently for Spring breeding time to breed a mate for one of my Valentine's.

Totally forgot about this *during* Spring breeding time.

I just remembered ...

Omg another dang misclick! Finally got rid of that Olive, was hunting for a Balloon for a trade, apparently Water Walkers also have 'floating' in their descriptions! Arrrgggh! I really should brush up on common descriptions.

Keep picking up olive eggs instead of the new musky eggs I should have caught that after the first time I did it but I did the same thing again two more times.

Edited by dragongirl02

Stared at a CB dino egg, clicked away, and didn't realize until five minutes later...

8 hours ago, dragongirl02 said:

Keep picking up olive eggs instead of the new musky eggs I should have caught that after the first time I did it but I did the same thing again two more times.

Olives are only in the Forest. Pick one of the other 5 biomes to hunt in?

I got a CB Musky and left it overnight after putting it in a few hatcheries (hatchlings seem to be desirable now) and it got sick and died. Oops.

Anyone else get the names of Spirit Ward and Shadow Walker mixed up? I keep on typing Spirit Walker rather than Shadow!  Possibly partly due to a book series I used to read when I was younger...

I picked up an egg in the Forest with a similar code to this guy but didn't make the effort to read the description and so i'm now with a gut drake incompatible to the former dragon. XD Oh well, at least she'll make a good mate for these three gentlemen: 1  2  3

I failed to influence an egg, which was a particularly challenging egg to breed. The hatchling turned out to be the wrong gender. 💔

Spent a full hour hunting the biomes for something specific to complete a trade.... I'm locked. Finally realized I was egg-locked, shoved an egg into the ER, it finally hatched.... Wait, no, I'm *completely* locked, two hours until any hatchlings grow up. Daaaaaaaangit.

Keep mixing up the Nebula and Silver descriptions. I see “brilliant radiance” and go “Ohh, Silver!” *Click* Nope...Nebula! Really need to learn to actually read the egg descriptions properly.

On 7/10/2018 at 5:09 AM, Rans said:

Keep mixing up the Nebula and Silver descriptions. I see “brilliant radiance” and go “Ohh, Silver!” *Click* Nope...Nebula! Really need to learn to actually read the egg descriptions properly.

I've been doing this for years! I really don't need more Nebulas XD

I keep forgetting to post my trades in the trade threads and the Trade Hub.

Workin' on a checker, patiently breeding a lunar herald to a red copper, week after week. 

Realizing once they were successful that the lunar was from VOLCANO, not ALPINE, and would therefore make brown coppers. ARGH. AP. START OVER.