wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

10 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I did the very same with my first should-have-been-purple, too. Since then, I give them stats to get a big hole *before* they reach 4d, and then fog them until 1d23h. Add to one hatchery to give that one last view they need to hatch, and bam, insta-purple!

I stupidly waited for much too long again before starting Halloween preparations - I'll never get that *tan* Ridgewing on time for Halloween!

What kind of Ridgewing do you need? If it's 2G, maybe I can help.

I massbred all of my 2/3G Prizes without fertility. The stubborn things only gave me a handful of eggs as a result.

3 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

What kind of Ridgewing do you need? If it's 2G, maybe I can help.

Mate for this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/0CoQQ Got one! Thank you, @Astreya! :wub:

My single male Marrow prefers to make purple babies or none at all, sadly.

That was the other stupid thing I did: not focussing on CB past Halloweens last year XD

Edited by Ruby Eyes

19 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Mate for this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/0CoQQ

My single male Marrow prefers to make purple babies or none at all, sadly.

I just ran a test breed while locked, (stupid!) I expected the egg to auto, of course it was tan. Haunt the AP in a day or 2? 

Edited by Siliskor

And maybe tell us if you've been successful. ;) I've also tried to breed a Tan for you, but it turned out purple, and I only have one male CB Marrow.

Stupidly Incubated my supposed-to-be-purple Siyat egg while mass-Incubating, it was set to get under 1 day around midnight last night but I fell asleep before then. I hadn't unfogged it or put it anywhere because I didn't want it to hatch before getting to the right time.... Woke up in a panic around 6am and jumped online to unfog and shove it in an ER. Thankfully it hatched fine, but that was a little too close!

1 hour ago, Siliskor said:

I just ran a test breed while locked, (stupid!) I expected the egg to auto, of course it was tan. Haunt the AP in a day or 2? 

40 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

And maybe tell us if you've been successful. ;) I've also tried to breed a Tan for you, but it turned out purple, and I only have one male CB Marrow.

I got one! Thank you all for trying :wub:

I-I DIDN'T INFLUENCE MY EGG

AHH I thought it was the right gender and didn't even realize until I was about to breed her WHYYYY

OMG

Her new name shall be 'I was a fool'

*Looks back at action log*
I FORGOT TO PRECOG
where was my head when I bred them omg

Edited by Mochi

I blame all my recent stupidity on having a horrible cold. I always keep my hatchlings fogged until they get below 5 days, just to be safe, and I was just going through my fogged hatchlings checking times and realized I had a regular Undine hatchling, at 5 days some-odd hours. I'd meant to abandon it if it didn't alt and I guess I just automatically fogged it instead, so it's been sitting on my scroll taking up space for over 24 hours for no reason. Dang. 

I feel like I've talked about the same thing here before? Maybe I haven't, I'm not sure.

Back when I didn't care much about lineages, I used to snatch every Shimmer-scale I saw but not influence it properly for the lineage. Some time later I come back to see if I could continue the lineages, I get to see that nearly every one of them had gendered wrong. :blink: Past me needs a lecture.

Sure, Want: 1 CB Hatchling in trade for 3 different hatchlings, threw my eggs to make space, just to be declined.

Remind me that troll/unclear trades should be double-checked, I became a fool dealing with the same person twice already now :l

of course, it didn't matter much to me, the glorious AP has gifted me another hatchling and a lower time egg ^_^

Edited by BlueLatios

Forgetting how annoyingly stubborn Avatars are when trying to incuhatch them. How about you hatch instead of getting sick and stubbornly staying in your egg and ignoring that big hole on the shell, you little nuisance?! 😠

ANOTHER one of my eggs gendered wrong because I forgot to precog & influence 
I really needed this for my lineage project too wth is going on where was my head last week?! I could have sworn I precog'd everything but apparently not omg (action log doesn't lie)
This is just OTL

I really needed this dragon too

Looking at the eggs and hatchlings on my scroll and noticing a bronze Tinsel hatchie there, wondering for a second how it got there as I sure as heck don't remember picking one up... and then realizing I've had it for at least several days as I got it while it was still in its egg. XD Man, I'm so forgetful sometimes.

Having to remind myself constantly the Incubating prizes and zyus is a terrible idea if I want them to hatch at the 4 day mark. They can take forever to ER. But the temptation to Incubate is so strong...

...More things gendered incorrectly without me realizing
I even precog'd both of them but for some reason thought they were the correct gender OTL
Last week was apparently not a good week for me

On 9/18/2018 at 10:47 AM, Mochi said:

...More things gendered incorrectly without me realizing

Tell me about it... I was so happy to see a Gemshard colour correctly to continue a lineage, only to realise a few days later that I'd apparently forgotten to Influence it.

For the first couple, possibly 3 years of playing I had no idea about clicksites. I had joined forums as the only means of hatching eggs. I was very ignorant of a lot of things back then. I didn't know there was a forum either, lol.

18 hours ago, Aie said:

Tell me about it... I was so happy to see a Gemshard colour correctly to continue a lineage, only to realise a few days later that I'd apparently forgotten to Influence it.

And somehow never manage to catch it until they grow up! You would think I would notice when they were hatchlings but nope XD

Tossed out an egg I wanted to keep to make room to offer on a trade...didn't get the trade and lost the egg >.>;

Was freaking out that I hadn't met my scroll goals for summer seasonals before tomorrow and was having no luck catching/trading for the last one I need - then I remembered that the market exists XD

2 hours ago, polaristar said:

Was freaking out that I hadn't met my scroll goals for summer seasonals before tomorrow and was having no luck catching/trading for the last one I need - then I remembered that the market exists XD

Ha I didn't even think about the Market helping with things like that. Glad you remembered in time!

Stupidness from me: I fell behind on keeping my spreadsheet updated, but I didn't realize just how behind I was. I spent multiple hours looking for a few breeds I only needed 1 more of for my scroll goals.... Only to realize I'd already gotten that '1 more' on all three breeds and just hadn't put that in my spreadsheet. Wow I feel so stupid now, lol

I saw a CB silver...and IGNORED IT. Time to brush up on my egg descriptions again, I suppose. I might've even caught it, since it laster for a few seconds.

This happened a while ago but remembering it still makes me cringe so...

> Brain in 50 different places

> Breed a Setsong needed for the collection (after ages of CB prepping for it)

> Mis-influence the egg

Star-trek-facepalm-collection-e1383650553163-580x430.jpg

4 hours ago, Setsu-P said:

This happened a while ago but remembering it still makes me cringe so...

> Brain in 50 different places

> Breed a Setsong needed for the collection (after ages of CB prepping for it)

> Mis-influence the egg

Star-trek-facepalm-collection-e1383650553163-580x430.jpg

If the egg hasn't hatched, find a trade partner to take and give back the egg. Influence wears off after abandoning or teleporting :v