wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Prince_Xanthius, you have more than 24 hours before the new ones start dropping. You've time to abandon.

Siliskor, do you still need someone to bounce? Congrats, by the way. I'm glad you like those.

Oh, I know I can abandon it in time, but I cannot get another bred egg from the AP without sacrificing an egg slot for the halloween drop. At the time I picked up the Speckle-Throat, I still had time to incubate and have the egg hatch (very) late on Halloween.

As it is I will just drop the vampire, and resign myself to the fact I can't get another bred egg this year.

I shouldn't have gone AP hunting today. I found a Marrow egg that's almost perfect to continue a holiday x holiday pairing I've been trying to match for two years now...but it won't hatch until 2 hours after the new Halloween drops end tomorrow night. Now I have to either sacrifice an egg space for the drop, or pray that I can find another egg like this one after the new Halloweens hatch. Or I can wait another year. None of those is really a good option, and there's another Halloween dragon I desperately need for a lineage that I haven't found yet, and that means another egg slot potentially sacrificed...I planned very poorly this year, it seems.

I shouldn't have gone AP hunting today. I found a Marrow egg that's almost perfect to continue a holiday x holiday pairing I've been trying to match for two years now...but it won't hatch until 2 hours after the new Halloween drops end tomorrow night. Now I have to either sacrifice an egg space for the drop, or pray that I can find another egg like this one after the new Halloweens hatch. Or I can wait another year. None of those is really a good option, and there's another Halloween dragon I desperately need for a lineage that I haven't found yet, and that means another egg slot potentially sacrificed...I planned very poorly this year, it seems.

I feel your pain - I went AP-hunting yesterday and even locked myself with such eggs.

But here comes the really stupid part: I viewbombed them over night so they get cracks, and just earthquaked them to force them. I forgot about killed eggs locking an eggslot for 24 h, and now I have 4 dead egg shells and no early hatches. That's only 3 egg slots for the new release now and the bred eggs are gone dry.gif

Forgot about killing to resurrect zombies and the trick or treat things, as well as breeding my own dragons.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Didn't notice a pretty Shadow Walker from the AP is inbred.

I can freeze it now, but that egg/hatchie slot would have been useful during Halloween breeding. sad.gif

Forgot that the AP would be full of old Halloween eggs after I got some of the new Halloweens... going around before the drop looking at neat AP stuff I just had to have, and being okay with having two new ones since I don't breed holidays right now and could get more of the sprite next year if I wanted, but then now just realizing I could have gotten more of the new drop and traded them to get old Halloween eggs that were potentially more interesting than the ones I have. Except I'm happy with the ones I have so it's all okay but I do feel kinda silly right now

I feel your pain - I went AP-hunting yesterday and even locked myself with such eggs.

But here comes the really stupid part: I viewbombed them over night so they get cracks, and just earthquaked them to force them. I forgot about killed eggs locking an eggslot for 24 h, and now I have 4 dead egg shells and no early hatches. That's only 3 egg slots for the new release now and the bred eggs are gone dry.gif

Ouch...

Just misclicked when breeding and created something like this. It auto'd, so there's nothing I can do about it either. Excuse me while I go and apply my palm to my face.

Edited by Alectrona

I used most of my Pinks and Reds for last year's Halloween eggs, and now I am 3 Reds short and 1 female Pink short for this year's Halloween eggs!

Thinking Frills would always be around and would be easy to get, thus I didn't get enough of them before they were withdrawn sad.gif

I really like Frills, my first two dragons were Frills and I'm sad I have so few and kick myself often for not getting more initially.

I feel your pain friend. I have only 3 Frills, all male, and only 1 of them is caveborn.

I joined 1 day after the Yulebucks stopped dropping in the cave. OTL

Edited by Dewdropmon

I used most of my Pinks and Reds for last year's Halloween eggs, and now I am 3 Reds short and 1 female Pink short for this year's Halloween eggs!

Similar to what happened to me last year with graves - got five males and they all grew up! And, of course, not wanting to release them, I named them and kept them, then bred them this year (thankfully in time) and influenced the eggs properly and got my equal numbers! smile.gif

Still annoyed by how I didn't get on the Thuwed list because I took my time to decide on the mate when I should have just clicked something.

I forgot to pick up a 6th halloween egg :/ I knew I wasn't going to make 7 cos of a shadow walker, but I could have sworn I got 6.

I wonder if I can bribe my brother for one of his...

Didn't influence my Graves, and now have 5 males and 1 female. dry.gif

That happened to me with my Cavern Lurkers. OTL

Completely and utterly spaced on the new Halloween egg release. Didn't catch a single one. Some very kind person traded me an egg, but unless I can get another trade to go through, I will have exactly one new egg for this year's release. Not even a single pair.

I can't believe I was such a dork. sad.gif <headdesk>

ohhh, shiny! Sumbody's gonna get really lucky in a few days.

Though... maybe it's worse to have that happen with a 3rd gen silver shimmer that you owe someone? (yeah, I did that awhile back. Yurks.)

Oh, ouch. Hopefully you at least owned the parents so you could rebreed?

On that note, I also just missed a CB Gold--with only two people viewing the biome! tongue.gif

Yeah, I owned the parents. And ... double ouch there. I don't know as I'd call that a stupid thing you did though, unless you stared at it for 30 seconds before clicking. lol

Stalking 3 2G marrows from Prize for over an hour, don't refresh for like a minute, and missed them *all*. dry.gif

Stalking 3 2G marrows from Prize for over an hour, don't refresh for like a minute, and missed them *all*. dry.gif

Been there, done that.

dry.gif

I influenced this SW wrong sad.gif

I influenced it male, when I should have influenced it female so it could mate with this SW

*wipes a tear away* If only….

Edited by LumosSeeker148