wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Eh tonight I decided to go and have my vampires bite to increase my crazy herd. One kill-I continued. Two kills-I continued. Three kills-I continued. Four kills-I finally stopped. Was I just being stubborn or had I developed a case of DC dementia? blink.gif

Dang! xd.png The one time my freakin Golds breed an egg it autoes. dry.gif

"The dragons breed to produce an egg. However you realize you have plenty of eggs and hatchlings to take care of so you abandon it."

Me: SCREW THIS *head/desk*

In creating a new teleport to add another egg in my sleepy state I made it a one-way and they are gone and fogged!!! 2 CB Golds, 1 CB Silver & a CB Neglected. I am sick!

user posted image

I messaged TJ to see if he can ask them to return them. I'm going back to bed now.

Edited by cajunsun

I'm sorry to hear that sad.gif I've heard of rare eggs being returned, but if they're fogged it doesn't seem like that's going to happen... sad.gif

Thanks everybody. My mom is at work. I'm scared to tell her. At least she can't come home for hours right? I know I'm going to be grounded for life. Blah.

Thanks everybody.  My mom is at work.  I'm scared to tell her.  At least she can't come home for hours right?  I know I'm going to be grounded for life.  Blah.

Sh- she'll understand that it's just pixels, right? blink.gif

*hugs* Chin up, at least you didn't lose something nearly irreplaceable like a 2G Thuwed or Prize c:

Sh- she'll understand that it's just pixels, right? blink.gif

*hugs* Chin up, at least you didn't lose something nearly irreplaceable like a 2G Thuwed or Prize c:

No but it was 2 cb golds, a cb silver and a cb neglected... and she was hoping she might be able to trade them for a 2g shimmer or tinsel. ohmy.gif\

You tried trading your mom's stuff?

Hey Ruby --- this is Dawn, CajunSun's Mom. And YES - he tried to trade for me. I am speechless and stunned. He said he was adding the other CB Gold to the offer to try to get a 2g Shimmer or Tinsel for me. He didn't even think that going onto MY scroll was breaking DC rules. Luckily I am at work so I have time to think and figure out what to do about this. I know they are only pixels - but this is about more than that, obviously. (I am upset too because I have NO other hobbies, DC is free and can be done when I have the time - I'm a single mom, but it's not life or death, etc. etc.).

His heart was in the right place even if his brain wasn't... but still...

So... for now, no DC for him. I told him he can finish the trades he owes his sister (and me, ha!) and then from that point on he cannot get on DC for "awhile". I'm thinking 30 days.. is that too harsh? I know there is going to be a new egg or two or seven or whatever this month and that will make him miss out... maybe I'll let him on for that but nothing else? >.< Parental decisions are so difficult. sad.gif

EDIT: I do know that I am no longer letting him "share" my forum account. And I am trying to figure out how how clear saved passwords from my computer so this can never happen again.

Edited by cajunsun

I think I'd be at a loss in that situation, too. Just pixels, alright, but touching other people's properties is a no-go either way. Good luck finding the best method of teaching him the rights and wrongs in his doing!

I think what he went through with finding out what happened and then worrying about what I was going to say/do was ALMOST enough of a punishment. He HAS lost forum privileges (he was the only one of my kids that was allowed to because he and I started this together many many years ago), and he may be absent from DC for awhile. As for losing the hatchie and eggs, a part of me is hoping someone saw that, grabbed them, and fogged them for safety until they had time (maybe they were running out the door for work?) to contact me. A girl can dream. (I have actually done that - saw a one-way mistake for a trade - grabbed the eggs and made a one-way and PM'ed the link immediately).

Oh well - life goes on. wink.gif

Hey Ruby --- this is Dawn, CajunSun's Mom. And YES - he tried to trade for me. I am speechless and stunned. He said he was adding the other CB Gold to the offer to try to get a 2g Shimmer or Tinsel for me. He didn't even think that going onto MY scroll was breaking DC rules. Luckily I am at work so I have time to think and figure out what to do about this. I know they are only pixels - but this is about more than that, obviously. (I am upset too because I have NO other hobbies, DC is free and can be done when I have the time - I'm a single mom, but it's not life or death, etc. etc.).

So... for now, no DC for him. I told him he can finish the trades he owes his sister (and me, ha!) and then from that point on he cannot get on DC for "awhile". I'm thinking 30 days.. is that too harsh? I know there is going to be a new egg or two or seven or whatever this month and that will make him miss out... maybe I'll let him on for that but nothing else? >.< Parental decisions are so difficult. sad.gif

EDIT: I do know that I am no longer letting him "share" my forum account. And I am trying to figure out how how clear saved passwords from my computer so this can never happen again.

I think 30 is fair and I think you should let him get the release (if there will be one) when they come out so he can sort of feel you're going a bit easy on him this time. smile.gif

I forgot about Halloween... so I missed the release for CBs, I missed being able to turn my 5 dead adults into Zombies and whatnot... Goes to show how my interest in DC is pretty much gone. sad.gif I'm hoping I don't forget about Xmas.

Sorry about your loss, cajunsun. sad.gif That's really unfortunate. I hope whoever took the shinies and the nd will contact you soon, I'm crossing my fingers for you.

I think 30 days is fair but as Saynna said, you should give him privileges for getting the release.

In creating a new teleport to add another egg in my sleepy state I made it a one-way and they are gone and fogged!!!  2 CB Golds, 1 CB Silver & a CB Neglected. I am sick!

user posted image

I messaged TJ to see if he can ask them to return them. I'm going back to bed now.

That is exactly why I check my links as if I was insane before posting anything anywhere (I do the same with Influence, checking several times if I influenced correctly xd.png ).

While I am sorry for you about what happened, I find it suspicious that the son knew the password for his mother's scroll to be honest. But anyway, good luck - hope you do not get your scroll burned!

In creating a new teleport to add another egg in my sleepy state I made it a one-way and they are gone and fogged!!!  2 CB Golds, 1 CB Silver & a CB Neglected. I am sick!

user posted image

All I have to say is...holy crap ohmy.gif I hope you get your goodies back I would be devastated ._. I know how you fell though I released a 2g thuwed before because I was also sleepy and thought I misclicked an egg and released it without checking the lineage xd.png

Heads up guys if a random egg shows up on your scroll check the lineage first it just might be your thuwed lol

Edited by Pestilence420

That is exactly why I check my links as if I was insane before posting anything anywhere (I do the same with Influence, checking several times if I influenced correctly xd.png ).

While I am sorry for you about what happened, I find it suspicious that the son knew the password for his mother's scroll to be honest. But anyway, good luck - hope you do not get your scroll burned!

I left my scroll logged in - he thought he was being helpful. And TJ already knows about the situation. :/

All I have to say is...holy crap ohmy.gif I hope you get your goodies back I would be devastated ._. I know how you fell though I released a 2g thuwed before because I was also sleepy and thought I misclicked an egg and released it without checking the lineage xd.png

Heads up guys if a random egg shows up on your scroll check the lineage first it just might be your thuwed lol

I'm sure I wont, but thanks for the positive thoughts. smile.gif

30 days sounds good. I recommend let him get the holiday dragon, but only that. If there are any other releases he'll have to catch up later.

Re: ab613 - bad luck. I don't think dead names get erased anymore. Had a zombie fail last year and I've been waiting a year this name free up http://dragcave.net/lineage/n/eidyllia, but it looks like it never will. It's not a zombie, just dead.