wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Pretty much froze most of my cb commons, ugh, and even some seasonals (but for some reason I let the messy commons grow).

It's not so much a case of stupidity but more a case of bad timing - having an egglocked scroll when a rare dragon pops up in the habitats. Annoys me so freaking much, ESPECIALLY when I click away, click back, and realize IT'S STILL THERE and I would've gotten it if I wasn't egglocked. Then considering dumping eggs in the AP but by the time I dump an egg, the rare is gone.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

It's not so much a case of stupidity but more a case of bad timing - having an egglocked scroll when a rare dragon pops up in the habitats. Annoys me so freaking much, ESPECIALLY when I click away, click back, and realize IT'S STILL THERE and I would've gotten it if I wasn't egglocked. Then considering dumping eggs in the AP but by the time I dump an egg, the rare is gone.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I KNOW!!! I totally have missed 2 CB Silvers, a CB Gold, and probably others too due to THAT reason!!! So kicking myself! Or even during Christmas - seeing a bunch of Hollies in the AP: Someone else got it, someone else got it, "you are already overloaded and decide to not take on this egg" WHAT????

Grrrr....

And not clicking fast enough - not more than 30 seconds ago I just missed a CB Thunder in the AP! Gr....

Egg locking myself with breeding for projects but forgetting that a new release could happen at any time.

While waiting for the release, I was holding a bunch of skywing eggs from the AP to hatch and freeze, but I have a lot of breeding to do so I wanted to fill up slots. So this morning I did one earthquake, one hatchling emerges safe. In the afternoon I try a second earthquake, no change. As if I haven't tempted fate enough times, I earthquaked a third time (now the eggs have much bigger cracks) and I kill one, everything else untouched. Now I have one less slot for a whole day which puts me worse off than just abandoning them all (which I had to do anyways). That's what I get for being impatient...

Assumed that held eggs didn't take slots and AP bred Graves I meant to keep. ;-;

Was hunting in the biomes since I have all the Halloweens I want until the new ones are released. I've been playing DC for over five years now, first CB Silver I've ever seen in the cave pops up and of course I click on it like mad but what do you know? "You are already overburdened and decide not to stress yourself by taking this egg." Only because I picked up a Pyrope and the Silver was behind it. ;o; Oh well, I hope it made someone else's night~ :)

Not sticking aroun longer on the 2011 easter egg hunt data loss and missing out on the cave lurkers due to the hurracane sandy thing.

Edited by DragonO

Last year I picked up a clean 3rd gen PB pumpkin in the AP. Awesome, right? Except that I either couldn't find a second one or didn't bother, and now I have no mate for it that's the right generation. Of course. I picked up another PB, so it'll have a mate next year, but for this year I have to either breed messy eggs or deprive DC of some pumpkins, one of the rarer Halloween breeds. Oops.

tongue.gif Missed both the lurker and the grave releases due to hiatus. I have a pitiful amount of halloweens on my scroll.

Will definitely not shirk from another release this year. wink.gif

Last year I picked up a clean 3rd gen PB pumpkin in the AP. Awesome, right? Except that I either couldn't find a second one or didn't bother, and now I have no mate for it that's the right generation. Of course. I picked up another PB, so it'll have a mate next year, but for this year I have to either breed messy eggs or deprive DC of some pumpkins, one of the rarer Halloween breeds. Oops.

I managed to get 2 unrelated 3Gs. Somehow I made both females. dry.gif

I just killed a CB magma instead of a 2G *facepalm*

Hopefully I can revive it.

EDIT: Aaand there goes my magma dragon sad.gif

Edited by BananaGummyBear64

Abandoned an egg I had incubated. It would have hatched like an hour later *sigh*

Clicked a bunch of cute, squishy-looking blue-coloured hatchies in AoND, and was getting annoyed that my Bluna stats weren't increasing at all. Re-engaged brain, looked more carefully - all the hatchies I clicked were Tsunamis. rolleyes.gif

Got a lovely stairstep marrow and was going to carry on the lineage.

Without checking properly first, I froze it. sad.gif

Ugh I accidentally influenced both cavern lurkers on my scroll to be female. If someone would be willing to take the egg off my hands and then trade back so it breaks the influence I would love you forever and will totally breed you anything off my scroll. I don't know where to ask for help so I'm posting here.

Ugh I accidentally influenced both cavern lurkers on my scroll to be female. If someone would be willing to take the egg off my hands and then trade back so it breaks the influence I would love you forever and will totally breed you anything off my scroll. I don't know where to ask for help so I'm posting here.

Here would be a thread for this kind of mishap corrections: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=158260 smile.gif

*Headdesk* I just bred one of my CB Marrows with his daughter. Well, least I can freeze it maybe.

Last year I caught two Shadow Walkers from Winter Magi parents. Naturally, I influenced them to be mates and planned to breed them for the first time this year. Which I then forgot to do. I didn't remember I had the second one until I'd already bred the first. I was only breeding them to the AP, but the babies would've been so pretty. Now I have to wait a whole year before I can put them together.

Clicked a bunch of cute, squishy-looking blue-coloured hatchies in AoND, and was getting annoyed that my Bluna stats weren't increasing at all. Re-engaged brain, looked more carefully - all the hatchies I clicked were Tsunamis. rolleyes.gif

I don't know why that made me laugh so much.

My biggest "stupid thing" right now is not calculating correctly on how many eggs I can raise before the new Halloween eggs start dropping. I wanted three sets of shadow walker eggs before then and I'll still be hatching some when the drop starts unless I don't breed my last couple shadow walker alts. sad.gif

I need about 20 egg slots during Halloween breeding, I think. lol