wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I don't know why that made me laugh so much.

My biggest "stupid thing" right now is not calculating correctly on how many eggs I can raise before the new Halloween eggs start dropping. I wanted three sets of shadow walker eggs before then and I'll still be hatching some when the drop starts unless I don't breed my last couple shadow walker alts. sad.gif

I need about 20 egg slots during Halloween breeding, I think. lol

This!

I have so many IOU hatchies and eggs still coming i'm not sure I Will be able to take m all, i thought the new eggs would be dropping Saterday, turns out its Friday...

So.

I just managed to trade for a looong wanted 3rd gen Shadow Walker. I was SO very happy.

I incubated it... Influenced it... Then I went to hide it because that's what I do with 7 days eggs, and...

I ABANDONED it instead.

And that is the stupidest thing I've ever done on DC. sad.gif

So.

I just managed to trade for a looong wanted 3rd gen Shadow Walker. I was SO very happy.

I incubated it... Influenced it... Then I went to hide it because that's what I do with 7 days eggs, and...

I ABANDONED it instead.

And that is the stupidest thing I've ever done on DC. sad.gif

Tip: If hiding requires your password, it probably isn't hiding.

Tip: If hiding requires your password, it probably isn't hiding.

lol, yeah, that's why I'm stupid... It's not even a password, I actually typed "ABANDON" and clicked OK, and then tried to sort my dragons and was like "hey where's my new egg??" *facepalm*

My biggest "stupid thing" right now is not calculating correctly on how many eggs I can raise before the new Halloween eggs start dropping. I wanted three sets of shadow walker eggs before then and I'll still be hatching some when the drop starts unless I don't breed my last couple shadow walker alts. sad.gif

Give me one! /coughshotcough/ tongue.gif

Missed out on clicking a CB Gold in the early hours of the morning due to stupid brain fart moment of me thinking about "not needing anymore Tinsels" atm. *facepalm* tongue.gif

I really did need that CB Gold egg as a mate! dry.gif

I meant to influence one of my eggs to be a female but I accidentally used my male pink dragon to influence the egg.

I think the answer is to always breed the alts.

..aaallwaayyss.

Keep promising myself that I will not grab any more Marrow eggs from the AP so I will have all my slots for the new release. Hint....I have a Marrow dragon obsession. Dx I'll need to abandon them all because this late into the event they won't hatch in time.

I saw someone had a Black Marrow x Black Sweetling find from the AP in the congrats thread or the Great Lineages thread (I forgot which). I have 2 CB Black Sweetlings. The first one I accidentally bred to a Shadow Walker. I clicked an egg into a different tab to abandon it, entered my PW and switched back to my original tab. I bred my other Black Sweetling. Turns out I had entered my PW wrong during the abandon so the 2 eggs that got bred were auto-AP'd. :/

http://dragcave.net/lineage/zIooM

This girl got named 'Gaydream of Thuwed'. I caught fast and changed it to Daydream (and took parents' names into consideration). D:

This is why I shouldn't name my dragons when I'm sleepy. D:

What exactly is wrong with that name?

What exactly is wrong with that name?

lol how it's always assumed that a reaction like that is homophobia

I think it's more the fact that it's an amusing typo. Plus it could be construed as an insult by the breeder if they interpret it as intentional.

Edited by Kiryu

It's actually a rather pretty name, on top of a pun, which was why I'm confused. Should I ever get a Daydream with that same lineage, I'll use that name for it!

Keep promising myself that I will not grab any more Marrow eggs from the AP so I will have all my slots for the new release. Hint....I have a Marrow dragon obsession. Dx  I'll need to abandon them all because this late into the event they won't hatch in time.

Won't we have all day on the 31st to catch new eggs? So any eggs bred today should hatch in time?

(Of course I will have a problem with total slots anyway because hatchlings take 3 days to grow up...)

Something annoying that I do constantly is expect things to change more quickly here. This site is as slow as molasses, and always has been. I don't know why I always hope something I saw 3 months ago or more would already be implemented. The backlog of completed dragons is a great example of the general idea here (though not my specific gripe).

Derped and forgot that I needed 2 x 2G shadow walker / Arsani and 1 x 2G cavern lurker / Arsani as mates for, well, my Arsanis. xd.png Now I'm egg-locked with other things I need to keep and my CB shadow walkers and CB cavern lurkers have all already been bred. Derp.

Edit: Two awesome people have approached me to cover the 2 x 2G shadow walker / Arsani dragon thing! Thank you, Ruby Eyes and Sethiss! user posted image

Edit II: How. This community is amazing. T_T Thank you, herk (and Solar Cat for offering), I've got everything covered now! *suffocating grouphug*

Edited by pinkgothic

I decided to flick through the cave quickly to see if there were any rares being ignored and saw -rough-yet shiny- and for some reason may brain went "Copper!"

So now I have an egg taking up a slot that I'd rather use for a halloween egg. I bit it hoping it would repulse, and it turned, but is still sitting on my scroll dry.gif By the time the 5 hour cool off ends, I'll need to keep that slot open for the new dragons.

In my excitement at catching not one but two offspring from spriter alt SWs, I realized I misinfluenced a 3rd gen SW egg... now I only hope I can do a quick bounce to drop that male influence...

Prince_Xanthius, you have more than 24 hours before the new ones start dropping. You've time to abandon.

Siliskor, do you still need someone to bounce? Congrats, by the way. I'm glad you like those.

Siliskor, do you still need someone to bounce? Congrats, by the way. I'm glad you like those.

I sure do. I can't believe I didn't realize what I was doing until it was too late, I'm never that careless...

A huge thank you goes to Saynna for his help with my incorrectly influenced egg! You're the best!

Edited by Siliskor

When I was new a two years ago to the main site I abandoned a dino

I heavily regret it now

Edited by xXGlitchy

Breeding a 2nd Gen Grave I needed last night so it would hatch in time , and i could still get new releases, only to Find out this morning I bred it to the wrong mate....

Catching cb golds and other rares and giving them away because they were so easy to collect.