RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

Ummm, I guess I'm supposed to necro this thread if I wanna discuss what I had in mind, as per Z's moderation here....

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=128882

So, I guess I will just copy-paste the question discussion here.... unsure.gif

What's Your Daily Egg/Hatchling Routine? (original topic)

For me, I log on and 'de-fog' my eggs(and hatchlings now) after making sure none of them have any sickness.

Then I head to my fan-sites and do my daily clicks to help others out.

During the day, I check my scroll at least a few times..okay, more like once every couple of hours. I worry about them getting sick.

And right before bed, I fog all my eggs/hatchlings to make sure they don't get soft-shell or a sickness while I'm not watching them.

So, what do you do?

First, I wanted one of each thing. Lineaged, cb, inbred, male, female, didn't matter as long as I had one.

Now, I'm focused on lineage projects (and tend to think up extremely difficult ones that include limited holiday dragons such as snowangels, rosebuds, and sweetlings). I have... 5 active lineage projects at the moment, and could think up more at any time.

We have players that span all ages from about 6 to retired folks, with computers that span every possibility from aged clunkers to super gaming machines, on every type of internet provider from dial up to super fast DSL or cable.

We have players with scrolls full of Pink dragons named "Bubble Gum", "Pixie" or "Boo", players with just Chickens, players with armies of Black dragons filling the skies with battle magic in their imaginations, even players with collections of singing hatchlings.

There are players who thrive on the competition for special rare or limited dragons and those who love to gift dragons to those who have difficulty catching them.

Well, I'm a teenager. A younger teenager. Or an older teenager. Perhaps I'm eleven. (This is me trying to protect my identity. xd.png)

My computer is a laptop. A Vista laptop. A Toshiba Vista laptop. And it overheats easily. If I clicked through all my dragons, then clicked back out, I would only be halfway through before my fan started running loudly. It's not even that old. And my internet connection is very fast, although it takes about half a second longer than the page does for the images to load.

My scroll is one of each dragon. Just one. That's it. My naming theme is Japanese words. And there's this girl named Pandora or Pandra who raises all the dragons.

I have pretty much every...wait, I do have every non-Holiday non-GoN non-leetle tree rare. So I just breed them and either throw the eggs into the AP or make a newbie's day. xP

That's pretty much it. xd.png

Interesting stuff, though...not the topic I wanted to ask about at all. xd.png

I'm still not sure why my topic was supposed to merge with this one....

I was asking about what you're daily routine to take care of your eggs/hatchlings.

Mine is ---

I log on and 'de-fog' my eggs(and hatchlings now) after making sure none of them have any sickness.

Then I head to my fan-sites and do my daily clicks to help others out.

During the day, I check my scroll at least a few times..okay, more like once every couple of hours. I worry about them getting sick.

And right before bed, I fog all my eggs/hatchlings to make sure they don't get soft-shell or a sickness while I'm not watching them.

Whenever I get on the computer, the first thing I do is check on my dragons. I share my scroll with my brother, so if any of his eggs have hatched, I call him into the office and have him name it, or come up with a description for his adults.

As for my dragons, I have a sort of war going on, but it hasn't really begun yet. I'm going to wait until I have more dragons, then continue with my war plans. It will be Tenshi and his followers vs. Nessie and Denki and their followers. The war's progress will be in my dragons' descriptions.

For the most part I don't use fan sites. I'm a member of another active forum, so when my eggs are at 6 days I post them in my signature there and pretty much leave them alone until they grow up. If I post them right away they'll get sick, so I found waiting a day is best. I do check my scroll at least once a day to check for sickness, but it's pretty rare for me.

Since I started my goal has pretty much always been to get all different breeds (only two left for me), lots of adults of each breed. And depending on what breed the numbers of frozen hatchlings changes (however, I want at least three frozen hatchlings of each breed).

I've always loved to breed my dragons to create pretty lineages and I've always loved to gift both offsprings from my own dragons and CB dragons to others, so that's what I also do... I want to name all my dragons with either names that means something to me or with names I simply like. And one of my newest goals is to write descriptions to all my dragons (that will take a while though, since I have 979 dragons right now).

And when it comes to how I raise my dragons, I only use one fansite (okay, when I attempt to create NDs I use two) - due to that I don't visit any other forums with many members.

I use fan sites to raise my eggs - a smaller one for the first day or two, and then I put them on a couple of others after that so that they don't get sick.

I don't freeze hatchlings or kill dragons, I name all of mine, and the ones that I breed I usually pair up nicely for pretty lineages and drop the offspring into the AP. If I do keep bred eggs it's to make my own lineages, and if I keep a bred egg I usually only keep one from each pair.

As for catching strategies. CBs I'm pretty bad at catching but every so often I'll do a serious hunt. In the AP I have some decent luck, and when a holiday comes around my strategy is MAD CLICKING LIKE I'VE NEVER CLICKED BEFORE.

I also like to gift pretty eggs or drop them into the AP for others to catch. :3 Why keep all of the pretties to myself?

well im pretty new to the game ( signed up years ago but only started playin in the last month!) but ive got some idea:

1) get a pair of all my fav beeds

2) hoard anything with useful bsa - eg reds, magi, vamp

3) try to get CB of every breed

im inda attached to my first dragon with mess lineages but i dont have the heart to get rid of them so they are staying with my new CB's xd.png ......... alot.png

in reply to some other peoples- i quite like keeping the pretties to myself and breeding off them for othes....

Edited by impi

When I first joined DC it was all about collecting at least one dragon of each breed, with a frozen sprite. As I progressed it was all about collecting each different sprite for each dragon.

I'm almost done with doing that. So now my time on DC will become more relaxed and loose. I'll probably start building an army of pebbles, something I've been wanting to do for a while. And so on and so forth.

My strategy is random and haphazard. xd.png For example, I have a naming scheme for Sunrises, Sunsets, and Sunsongs that relates to Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix. So I needed seven of each. I pretty much have reached that particular goal.

I also randomly breed nicely-lineaged dragons now, not too often though because I'm not as much of a lineage person as other people.

I have a strange desire to collect Guardians to protect my eggs and hatchlings from my four vampires. xd.png Like that'll work, since it's really me doing the biting.

I like to pick up dragons that I like the adult sprites of. But I'll keep a rare for proof.

I breed my Silvers so I can get more pretty Silvers. :3 Silvers are my all-time favorite dragons, though I have other favorite sprites.

As you can see, my game-play is pretty haphazard. I don't want one of each sprite (I'm happy with my two female Terrae and really don't want a male), nor do I collect hatchlings. I don't really have armies except my Silvers, although I suppose the Sunrise/set/song ones could be combined to one army.

I play by whim. biggrin.gif

My goal is to obtain a male and female CB of all breeds.

The exception to them being CB are the Tinsels, Holidays, and possibly golds and silvers.

Other then that, I play extremely relaxed. I pretty much check in every couple of days once my eggs are hatched, and then I repeat the hunt for more CB's.

I'm trying to collect all possible dragons and frozen hatchlings. I'm currently collecting dragons for a huge lineage project I have in mind (the dragons on my scroll with "Rainbow" on their name are all part of this lineage).

I have some naming schemes and I try to name all of my dragons (depends on if I like the code the way it is). If I grab an egg from AP I usually name it after it's parents. Otherwise I'll just give any name I currently like. I do have a small sideproject, I'm collecting an army of magis and naming them after Terry Pratchett's books. I also have most of my summer dragons named with the lyrics of a very catchy song, "Vielä on kesää jäljellä", "There's still some summer left". My male swallowtail dragons are named after certain movies I saw when I was still a small child. My pink dragons are named after the Alien movies, Pinkien-Alien, Pinkien Resurrection-Alien: Resurrection and so forth. The tinselfails I've found in the AP all have "Lie" in their name.

I usually put my eggs to a couple of fansites and keep the fansites open in another tab while browsing to help others.

I've not been playing long, but my favorite thing about this game is the naming and describing. I like giving my dragons a personality and a story. Other than that, I mainly collect whatever I like at the time with acquiring every type of dragon out there as one my top goals. I keep telling myself that I'm not going to pay much attention to lineages, but somehow I always seem to keep those pretty eggs while tossing out the others (unless it's a rare or something). The idea of messing around with breeding appeals to me and someday when I find mates for the right dragons, I would love to do gift breeding.

Edited by Zephyrgirl

My strategy is basically random. I set goals, such as obtaining a CB male and female of every breed. When I reach them I set more, and so on.

Another thing I think is important is giving. You have to give to receive, and it is Christmas after all! If you spread the joy, others will do likewise! biggrin.gif

Really haphazard. I collect what seems nice to collect at the time, come up with random naming schemes, and only breed nice dragons. I describe what seems describable and gift at random if I have something I don't really need.

I normally spend a lot of time hunting the AP for things I like. I typically hunt commons, and squeal and yell and praise my luck when I get something good. I am very often egglocked with commons. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie, but that's how I play.

Really haphazard. I collect what seems nice to collect at the time, come up with random naming schemes, and only breed nice dragons. I describe what seems describable and gift at random if I have something I don't really need.

This. I also do my own lineage projects.

I collect what I like, breed occasionally but mostly, I trade. I'm in it for the trading. I try to breed nice lines so I can trade for similar. I also like helping others acquire Holiday releases- used to catch for others when it was allowed, quite bummed it isn't anymore tbh. :/

Hmm, I have a generally relaxed playstyle. Before, I was goal-less and most of my catches were for Trading projects such as my Clear the AP thread. Now, I aim for the highers like collecting every CB (except tinsels and holidays), but still in the progress of collecting every species of dragon. (Curse you GoN, ND, and alt blacks!)

I gift as well, which is why I breed on request. Out of requests and IOUs, I gift randomly. Sometimes I get a thread and pick a user out, sometimes I go to the online list and gift a shiny to the first person that I see, sometimes I drop a tele in the departure thread.

My main goal is to have one of each dragon. Since I've almost done that, naming and describing has become a big deal. I am trying to describe 140+ dragons. (100 to go.) Lineage has become more desirable to me, an I am working on breeding a purebred Thunder/Grey lineage. Unless I really want the egg for naming/description/lineage reasons, I'll breed nice things and dump them to put a smile on someone's face. But I don't do that very often as a result of not caring about lineage for so long. Most of the dragons I have, rare or not, would bounce around the AP for an hour if I tried to breed them. You would not believe the amount of inbreds on my scroll.

I have a pretty strict style when it comes to this game! If there's no dimorphism, then it's two adults and two S2 hatchlings.If there is dimorphism, then its two adult females, two adult males, and then two female and two male S2 hatchlings.

And they get sorted specifically by gender, too! If it's both female adults first, then it'll be male adults, then female hatchlings, then male hatchlings, or vice versa if it's the other way around! Sorting hatchlings that have no difference between genders, but dimorpish in adults is so freakin' annoying >.> I have to keep a tab open to make sure I'm sorting them right!

Once I've got all of those, then its no more of that breed, unless I'm grabbing to clear the AP or move blockers. Then, those get dumped into my Pile o' zombies for halloween C:

I ran into a problem when I got my tinsels though-I didn't have the right mates for them, and I had to go and get all new dragons for them! But I couldn't release the vines I already had, so I ended up having to make an entirely new section for them to be in!

I've been even pickier when I started a lineage though-the first thing I started was a spreadsheet to make sure everything was sorted and ordered properly xd.png

Still,my picky style is what's made it take so long for me to get near the end of my collection, so I suppose that's a good thing xd.png

Edited by Haloclimb

I started off wanting one male and one female of each, and freezing any hatchling that gendered wrong while getting that pair. Then I joined the forums and discovered CB vs lineage. And so I switched to wanting a CB pair of each dragon, plus 3 frozen hatchlings (male, female, ungendered) of each. The hatchlings were originally going to be from the CB pair, but that was too much work, and took too long, so now most of the hatchlings are AP catches. That said, my CB pairs must be compatible, so they all have at least one offspring.

Of those dragons that I can't get CB of (tinsels, old holidays) then I like pretty lineages, and am pretty careful in my mate selection for them. I hate when a dragon has a lovely lineage, and is then bred at random :/

If I pick up a dragon with a nice lineage, but that is neither much desired/rare then I freeze it as a hatchling. I guess some people probably get annoyed that I freeze their beautiful babies, but I don't continue lineages unless I think they are highly giftable, or will be snatched quickly from the AP (tinsels, holidays, rares)

I don't do lineage projects, because they screw up the organisation of my scroll. My messy adults and extra CB dragons are already an irritation to me, but I don't really want to get rid of them. Which isn't a very good reason not to do lineages, but there you go. Pity really, as I would really like to join some lineages.

I do however hoard Guardians, as I think they are gorgeous creatures - and those gold shielded holiday sprites were AMAZING! I have an inbred lineage going with them which probably no one cares for but me, seeing how much people hate inbreds.

My naming is rather erratic, but those not in English do have fairly logical meanings (Water Dragon for a water horse, and Sheild Woman for a female guardian for instance). I admit the language is made up, but it does follow its own rules (I got bored and half invented a language OK, I'm like that).

And yeah, that's what I do in dragcave biggrin.gif

I collect what I like, breed occasionally but mostly, I trade. I'm in it for the trading. I try to breed nice lines so I can trade for similar. I also like helping others acquire Holiday releases- used to catch for others when it was allowed, quite bummed it isn't anymore tbh. :/

I'm more or less the same. My favourite part is the trading. smile.gif A lot of the stuff that I catch ends up being traded for other things, and that's the way I like to play.

But the things that I focus on keep changing the longer I play. At first, I just wanted to collect one of each dragon and didn't care about lineages. But now I want multiple CB dragons of each breed.

I never, ever, ever freeze my hatchlings.

Ever. I consider it a cruel thing to do, that the hatchling will never have a chance to become an adult.

People talk of freezing and killing like they do it everyday, and even though I know it's just a game I think it's mighty heartless. sad.gif

==================

Oh yeah, how I raise.

If I'm bored, I venture into the magical land of the AP and randomly start grabbing eggs until I've reached my limit. Then sometimes I go rare-egg hunting amongst CB's, and when I've reached limit I start the process --- go to The Allure of Neglected Dragons, sometimes go to Dragon Cave Focus, most of the time go to the Forum Games section of minecraftforum.net, and I start spamming them in order of view necessity.

When they've hatched, I mate the CB's with the CB's and the AP dragons with the AP dragons, and then I cook up some random family names, and wala, I have myself a lineage. biggrin.gif

Sometimes they get auto-abandoned, and I hope against hope that the new owner would name the dragon the family name, or at least give it a name, which was what the new idiot owner of my auto-abandoned Nocturne dragon didn't do. The dragon remained unnamed even though I'd checked if it had any name, and I felt like raging that knallis guy. It didn't help when I realised he was one of those who showed off their rare dragons and kicked away their common dragons.

[/rant]