RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

The ultimate goal for me is to have one CB male and female of each breed where possible (having joined in November of this past year, some things like Hollies are impossible to get CB, possibly impossible altogether...), and then three frozen hatchlings (male, female, and ungendered) for each breed. For ones with no gender, like dinos, or one gender, like chickens, I just want one adult and one frozen hatchie each. =)

Now, whew. I've been trading more lately than in the past, but typically I catch for myself and then try to breed the results as gifts for my younger siblings.

In the future, I plan to be a big gifter; I wouldn't have half the dragons I have today if it weren't for some very generous people!

And as far as technicalities go... I have a dial-up clunker of a computer, but I should be getting a laptop soon for college. We shall see how this affects my catching skills... ninja.gif

~Feathers

Edited by fly_away_soon

I'm a collector.

I have a scroll goal.

My scroll goal is to collect two adult dragons, one of each gender, and two frozen hatchlings, one of each gender, excluding holiday dragons, of course. In the case of ungendered dragons, then I collect one adult, and one frozen hatchling. :)

I've just been collecting any and all dragons that I happen to like... Except for the fact that I cannot seem to get anything rarer than a Sun egg successfully from the Cave. So I rely on trades/gifting for all my rares, then start breeding them on my own.

I like to breed my dragons, especially those in my Pride lineage. I'm also slightly obsessed with lineages...

If I get a goal (say, fourth-gen even-gen geode) I work on it- whenever I remember to, that is.

Luckily one of my best friends is on here as well, so we trade back and forth. A lot.

I get four of each dragon, two adult of each gender and two hatchlings of each gender.

For unbreedables/those without genders, I just get one adult and one hatchling of each. The holiday ones are kind of touch and go, I've gotten either two adults or one adult and hatchling depending on my mood. I'm not sure what I'll keep going with in the future.

Edit: Haha! akawarriorslover, I should have just copy and pasted your response. biggrin.gif

Edited by somethingsimple

I play as a solitaire. I don't have contacts in the forum. Since I still can catch everything myself, I don't feel the need to trade. Maybe this will change with teleport, as I expect it to not be as timeconsuming as it is now with timezones and whatnot. I don't post much here. While I really would like search/hoarding to be a feature of DC, neither thread moves much these days. Too bad, really.

I mostly go after CB since I don't like lineage that much, and when I take bred eggs, they are from my own dragons (with few exceptions from my early days) or eggs from parents with funny and/or special names for freezing. I intend to write descriptions for hatchlings (not the adults, though). I have a few approved descriptions and several ones awaiting moderation.

When I drop rares/uncommons, I abandon them unannounced. First one to click it has it. Seems fair to me.

Rarity just for the rarity itself is of no special interest for me. I want to have at least one of each type. I am currently missing holly and neglected. Right now there is too much to do to experiment with neglecteds, so yeah - until the end of year I probably will just be working on my list.

I try to get 8 adults and a hatchling of every kind of dragon - 16 adults and two hatchlings if they have different sprites.

(Not that many of the super rares, like X-mas, valentine and alts of course)

I do have a lot more silver and gold though...

It's a hopeless project that I will never complete since TJ keeps adding new species and sprites. biggrin.gif

Besides that I name everything Elb ...

Well, I do if I can think of a name, which is becoming more difficult since I have started to name them by themes that I think matches each species.

There are players who thrive on the competition for special rare or limited dragons and those who love to gift dragons to those who have difficulty catching them.

I'm kind of a mix of both of the above. Collecting reds is also fun tongue.gif

I think my scroll goals change every time I sit down at the computer depending on mood, opportunity, or luck.

I am working on a few even/perfect projects that have been going on for several months and will probably keep me scroll-locked through the Summer.

I have a few personal lineages that are shared only by request.

I breed eggs for anyone that has a reasonable (i.e. doable) request, bite eggs regularly, and am pretty fortunate that most anyone I make a breeding request/egg request to will gladly honor it. There are good people here.

I recognize the talent of the people that give us the amazing dragons to collect, try desperately to skip over any forum drama, disappear for long periods because of my job and seasonal commitments to the farm, and rarely post.

So I guess I play quietly, and without a plan.

I collect whatever I can get my hands on! It started with collecting fun codes, continued with the graceful silvers during the glitch and now it's the vamps that get my attention.

I like hoarding o:

But other than that I've been trying to get more CB dragons lately because I'm running out of mates :c

I tend to swing between "interested", "semi-interested" and "not interested."

When I'm interested, I try to collect as many of the different types of dragon as possible, and then sort them into different clans according to parentage. If it's a CB or an egg nabbed off the AP instead of bred, I put it into a random clan and give it a character.

I tend to keep my distance from the forums, but when I need a specific type of dragon I post in the gift threads. I always try to make sure I give back what I owe, though; I'm very meticulous with stuff like that xd.png

When I'm not interested, I'm not playing. ^.^

I try to get the dragons i like best then get the rest, but i will not pass up the chance if i see a rare egg anywhere unless i already have it

I have a fondness for mints, whites, and dorsals, and usually collect AP eggs of those species by their codes (XmeN was my coolest pick - a mint Dorkface!). My eggs are often named before they're hatched (which has caused one or two naming hiccups but nothing really major). I didn't have a set plan and still don't. I'm here to have fun.

Mmm... toppage... cool.gif

Edited by Lagie

I pick dragons I like.

The most fun part is naming them smile.gif

I don't like freezing, personally. It seems mean to not let them grow up blink.gif

I want to collect rares and seasonals, I want my scroll to be interesting smile.gif

I admit I'm a tad attached, I can barely stand to abandon things xd.png

So that's pretty much me.... xd.png

My style tends to vary a lot. At one point in time, I used to catch hatchlings/emergency eggs (and hatched those) and freeze them for "sport". It was pretty entertaining for awhile, but I got bored of it eventually (though still freeze a hatchling every now and then). Then fast-forward a bit and I start building up a Storm army. Used to always be locked with 4-7 of them. Nowadays I only have 0-2 of them. Basically all I do now is stalk the AP for a few minutes and generally catch skywings, vamps, or whatever other goodie I can get my hands on.

Oh, and I tend to code hunt, too.

Edited by Ztarz

I just started a couple of months ago, and I'm already hooked. I don't collect everything, just the dragons I like, but that may change in the future. I only want caveborns or short lineages, or lineages that show a lot of effort in their planning. I've gotten pretty good at snagging out of the cave, and I have had some sheer luck at getting neat stuff out of the AP pile. I don't much want anything unbreedable, and everything I've gotten like that, I've gifted. I like gifting people or replacing things lost in trade, but it is something of a hassle, and I long for the Teleport BSA to be created. Otherwise, I'm just here to have fun! biggrin.gif

I collect adult and winged-hatchling dragon sprites. I want to have one of every distinct sprite (except for non-dragons and ungendered hatchlings). I've now mostly completed that goal, so I've been amusing myself with lineage breeding (even gen with every type of breedable holiday dragon in the first generation, for example), and Neglected experiments. I enjoy gifting (especially when I can gift an ND): it's very heartwarming to see people feeling so happy because of your actions.

I collect adults with sprites that I like. I have over 100 vines thus far. Presently I'm trying to get 4 of every sprite (except ones I can't get 4 of for scroll-limit reasons).

I don't freeze. There aren't many hatchling sprites that I like. I barely tolerate them as it is when they're growing up.

Edited by Resix

I have a mixed-dragonarts style, I think. xd.png

I like to collect interesting lineages, especially those containing the sprites I like the most. I also try to keep even numbers of CB dragons of each gender.

I love hunting most of all and prefer the AP since I can usually fish out really interestingly lineaged cast offs.

Silvers are my favorite sprite, still, so I collect them often, not just because they're rare.

I really do like carefully put together lineages and have a lot of fun breeding and gifting eggs to others on the forums since I know they won't end up another dead egg on my lists.

I don't play much. Call me a burn out. I spend more time in the forum than in the Cave. My goal is/was to get a set of male/female/hatchling of everything I can. Holidays, I have let grow up due to wanting to keep breeding potential. I'm down to the impossibles, sitting black alts, and most of the last release.

Due to an inability to catch off the cave and either arriving during Cave Block or stalling, I have limited myself to stalking the departure boards. Since the last release I have spent less and less time on the site.

I try to collect the dragons I like, which is most of them. I want all the jokes except for dinos, too, but I'm too slow to catch them. happy.gif I like to get at least one male and one female of each breed (when applicable), and I recently started freezing hatchies. I'll hunt several times a day when I can, but I don't like to hunt for more than a few minutes at a time unless there's a new release.

I breed for fun, mostly because I like to see what (or if) other people name my dragons' offspring. I don't trade or gift (not that I have much worth trading or gifting, lol) because I don't like the risk of the current method.

I like to stay locked when I'm not hunting. I pick up common eggs from the AP and keep them on my scroll anywhere from a couple hours to a couple days in order to reduce the time and make them more desirable to other players.

I am one of the "older" players at the Cave. I have a pretty new lap top but very slow mobile broadband at 3 mbps...it is way faster though than the DSL in my area which on a very good day I was zipping along at blazing 2.62 mbps but usually it down about 1.0 mbps.

Because of the slow server I rely on friend(s) to gift me the new dragons and rare dragons. From these I then breed my own little armies. I've spent a lot of time breeding to get the dragons I have....haven't sent very many to the AP either. Besides hunting at the AP I will sometimes pick up a stray hatchling, if I am lucky enough to catch one, to fill out and lock my scroll before I being breeding for the eggs to fill the slots.

I love it when new dragons are released. I will spend hours at the cave trying, knowing it is futile but it is the fun of the hunt!

Easter was fun because it didn't matter how slow my server is, it was devoting all the time necessary to get all the eggs. Didn't matter to me if they were just pretty bobbles. It was fun and I got to join in just like everyone else biggrin.gif