RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

I use dragcave as an outlet for inconvenient collecting/hoarding impulses. I'm also insanely fond of spreadsheets, and it gives me a lot of data to play with. Most of the appeal is in the data I can manipulate in spreadsheets.

Consequently, it's ideal for me to have a lot of different dragons from different places, so I collect almost anything. (Don't like Dinos; they're creepy and unbreedable anyway.) Most of my dragons get picked up in the AP, a tiny handful were gifted or caught for me, some I've grabbed from the cave. Some are lineaged, some aren't, a few are inbred, most aren't. I have collection goals - x number of such-and-such breed - but it's never 'y caveborn dragons of such-and-such breed', because I don't really like the caveborn ones any more than the lineaged ones, and most of my dragons don't get bred all that often anyway. I do a few breeding projects, but only so far as they fit into my normal goals.

Since I don't like dealing with people over AIM/etc, I don't "gift" all that often. I would be giving things out like my name was Santa Claus if Teleport was all set and I could just offer and drop via PM though. Now that I've met my vamp goal, I bite every day and toss any resulting vamps into the AP unannounced. I occasionally announce drops on the departure boards when I don't really want something I've bred, and it's something I would rather have taken care of than picked up by somebody who doesn't know what they're doing.

I actually play in a pretty... 'strict' manner. As there are very few things I can control in real life, I use my control-freak-habbits on DC.

I only collect 1 of each individual species and breed them to get the Alts and different genders (so I'd be pretty screwed if some of the unbreedables had gender dimorphism...). All Dragons get a name made up of 1 firstname, which is the corruption of a real word (Ex: My Nebula's first name is Galaxay), and 1 lastname, which is 2 words put together. Each parent pass half of their lastname on to their child and the child will pass half of its lastname on to its own child, etc. Inbreeding is a death sin on my Scroll, but I don't mind inbreds, as long as I didn't inbreed it.

Also, my Dragons mate for life. I've even got a homosexual couple (Deep SeaXWater lesbians) and will make more if the gender-ratios are unbalanced on my Scroll. I've also adopted children for my homosexual pair. smile.gif

And my Holidays mate with eachother, by the way. Until now, it's YulebuckXSnow Angel and PumpkinXVampire. My Sweetling is single though. 3:

Edited by Dracofilia

I get a ton of dragons, try to get commons, rares, neat lineages, codes, anything that strikes my fancy. I have slow internet, but a decent computer. I can't trade well because of the darn hughes net (Sometimes I want to punch the hughes net lady in the face. The reason she compares it to dial up is that it is the only internet service hughes net can beat >>.) . I did get some *cough* inbred *cough* splits however, and I managed to catch a male and a female so I have those.

I collect a dragon when I want it, although I kicked into gear when I found out the old pinks were being retired, and grabbed a ton of frills when I found out the same thing.

I have a problem with hoarding (in real life :/ ) DC is kind of an outlet for that. I can "hoard" all the dragons I want, and it won't hurt anything, same with unicreatures.

Edited by missiourichickenmama

I mostly raise pebbles; I'm obsessive over my pebbles...

I also occasionally throw in an egg I'm raising as a gifting breeder, or part of a lineage (like my PB stripes, or red x magi).

Oh, and I also really like writing descriptions when I have time. biggrin.gif

I'm also particularly fond of grabbing unwanted eggs from the AP to try and hatch with my dozens of EQs. It just doesn't usually work, which is sad, but a necessary sacrifice.

Edited by Pink

When I'm not going after the newest dragons/waiting for them to die down a bit... I have fun. Sometimes I'll grab an ER and freeze/raise it for kicks, sometimes I'll work on a specific project. Right now, I'm working on getting a ton of Vines to complete The Garden of Proserpine on my scroll.

I do engage in massive name-theme projects- my Portal one, if you count the songs, span well over 100 dragons. I also have some from Left 4 Dead, Metroid, TF2, How I Met Your Mother, Bioshock, and my own original works.

I focus on descriptions, too- most of those named after a character (Samus Aran, BLU Pyro, GLaDOS) are described accordingly (yes, I DID manage to fit Portal into a DC setting), as well as a lot of dragons who just develop (My four Chiristmas dragons, Pastillage, I Lurk in Your Bubble Bath). And, of course, I like to make funny names biggrin.gif

I'm a fairly relaxed player with a lot of individual goals.

15+ of each common breed qualifying for So You Want a Silver Egg

10+ of all breeds I can get

Every holiday/event dragon possible

plus more complicated goals like 4th and 5th gen even/perfects

I like the compitetion,, but if theres a rare dragon, JUST RELEASED, And I'll find the other eggs I despiritly want, then play normal again.

I grab what I want.

If I get an inbred off the AP I breed it with another inbred and CB's with CB's and noninbred lineaged dragons with either CB's or noninbred lineaged.

However I have one pair that is CBxInbred.

I breed my dragons for life.

I go through multiple phases, and have scroll goals that I usually abandon halfway through. It's a fairly disorganized method, but it works for me xd.png I name all my dragons, because I can't stand that horrible italicized (sp?) script that taunts me through the screen.

I love making cute relationships (for example, my nebula x vampire pairing, who adopt eggs biggrin.gif ) and plots for my little cave. I'm constantly writing stories about my dragons, some little short fluff-fictions, others containing long chapters. My current goal is a history, personality, etc. for each and every one of my dragons.

I'm not that into freezing. I only have one frozen hatchling. I tried it, and, for some reason... erk. I dunno. There's just no fun in having them hatch and not watching them grow up into adults. Plus, since I'm a big roleplay-aspect person, it'd be kinda awkward to be a hatchling forever. I'm not a huge sprite-collecter, but I think it'd be nice to have a CB pair of each breed. Recently, I've been getting more into lineages, and I'm trying to create an even-gen mate for my AP-snagged even-gen male bluna, which has a beautiful lineage (both sets of grandparents are CB water x skywing, and then the parents are both blunas). It's hard, but worth it.

My biggest scroll goal right now is 31 vampires, one for each day biggrin.gif

extremely chill (though it's probably because i only recently just started); i play the w/e i get is what i get game.

agrees w/ Kjernekat on the freezing aspect; it's no fun keeping them as a hatchling forever [though in the case of the dino, cuz personally i think they look retarded, i may (but probably not) decide to freeze the hatchling]

I just try to get one of each kind of dragons ... this means male/female, hatchling/gendered hatchlings/adults ... and of course all of the none-dragons.

If there would be a possibility to freeze eggs, I would do wink.gif

I Have no problems with freezing. My fridge is full of freezed food. laugh.gif

Unfortunately there are some that I never can get, like the Holly or the tree...

And I have no idea how you can get neclegted or undead dragons...

I work on completion of collection. In other words, I try to get 2 adults (male/female) and hatchling (2 if diff. looks) for each breed. Some breeds I collect more, not necessarily for any reason. I tried to build some small lineage of my own too, but that's only when there's no new eggs for me to hunt. I avoid dino at all cost. But the biggest part of DC playing is the community. Chat is a huge part of it. xd.png

I have DSL and an aged clunker! Odd combination, I know. It means that sometimes I can catch things in the cave, almost always I can catch a trade, but I can never, ever, catch a single one of those papers I clink for.

=/

I joined to use my collection as models for storybook dragons, and that is still the biggest reason I'm here. I don't use all the dragons in the story (some just don't fit and never will), but sometimes a new breed will give me a new idea, and that's always handy. Pictures also make the characters a little easier to keep track of.

In practice, I go for one of each gender of each CB breed, plus one of each gender per alt/breed-only breed, and the alts/breed-only's are bred strictly on my own scroll from CB parents I already own. Most CB pairs also have a pair of children, one male and one female, except in cases where the CB pair is permanently unable to breed (trio x trio, metallic x metallic, vampires, etc.). Theoretically, these frozen children are name-holders in case a breed ever develops alts-- blacks, vines, pebbles, stones, and stripes do not and will not have frozen children, because they already _have_ alts and do not need name-holders. It is assumed that alts will never be granted to those breeds that are so rare they cannot breed with each other, so it's again no problem for those not to have name-holders.

I also have a ton of chickens, always looking for more. These, too, are story characters, believe it or not. Each and every one of them.

There is the seasonal lineage project, begun mostly out of boredom... some dragons gifted to me, the token Dorkface, ThuDusk, and Missingno sibling, half the Everlasting Autumn Project dragons... a bunch of reds, purples, pinks, and magis to take advantage of existing and future useful BSAs... some vampires because I was bored again, and a number of frozen nocturnes that began in boredom and then turned into side characters of a story that has ridiculously little to do with the dragons' story.

At the moment, while I have scroll goals and am working towards the ones I can most swiftly accomplish, I'm kinda drifting. It's tough to get chickens when you can't catch rares and your breedable ones won't breed, zombies have to wait for Halloween, I haven't seen a CB red in AGES... It's tempting to bide my time for a few months and just collect nocturnes and nebulas; nocturnes for the frozen army and nebulas because I just LIKE them, even though I never collect ANY breed for that reason alone... I dunno.

I have recently decided to try to get 2 pairs of each dragon in cb this will be not so easy to do with the gold and silver as i only have 1 of each and not paired but its fun to try. I also have been working on getting gendered and non gendered frozen of each breed. Though have yet to bring myself to freeze a gold or silver I keep or give away when I get them

I have intentions for a pair of each dragon and a pair of each hatchling. I'm actually doing pretty well now.

This also means that when eggs which you can only have two of appear, my scroll is still perfect-looking.

I try to collect every sprite in the game.

I like to have at least 3 females and 3 males in each breed along with one or two frozen hatchlings of each breed.

I do collect some special lineage dragons such as dorkface and thuwed as well.

I just started.... so i just do w/e. Yay for starting out?

I'm not competetive.... hardly. :]

Im pretty chill, when my scroll is free, I tend to refresh at the cave or visit the forums to chat around tongue.gif I really don't do much xd.png

I like to have at least five adults of each sprite and one frozen hatchling (2 if they differ male/female) of the non special event dragons. On dragons where you're allowed only two - I have one adult and one frozen hatchie. Some dragon types are favorited on my scroll so I have a few more of them. I do want to have a complete scroll eventually. That means getting a neglected and a zombie - already have a Holly dragon but froze a common red hatchling as a substitute Holly hatchie since they are so dang rare.

I like to FFA or gift any gold/silver dragon eggs I may breed since I have as many of those that I want. I also like to dabble in my even gen/inbred project when I'm not working on getting new releases.

I still have a long way to go to fill out my scroll and have over 500 dragons. Busy, busy!!

I just get the things I like. When I'm out of those, I work on completing my scroll by picking up whatever I am missing. I usually aim to get a hatchling and both genders for each dragon, unless both genders have the same sprite.

I don't really have a method. huh.gif When I began playing i didn't care about inbreds, CBs or others like that, s I jutst grabbed the eggs I liked from the AP. Now I try to get as many CBs as i can and less inbreds etc etc. wink.gif

My goal right now is: one/two of each common breed, one zombie and two of each rare breed. probably i have no chance. rolleyes.gif

I used to spend a lot of time picking up any and all black dragons.

Now I always try to pick up at least one egg of any new releases, and am trying to build an army of vampires and electric dragons (Which in my opinion are way cooler than thunder dragons).

I'm still hunting for 3 CB Black dragons, two so I can start a lineage and one extra, just in case.

-Phovos

I used to be more on top of things, but lately I've dropped back to picking up CB eggs, either common or slightly uncommon, to raise on my scroll. xd.png I wanted CBs of all the event dragons too, but after missing on this year's Valentine due to an unexpected internet problem that cut me out for half a month, I sort of lost interest, since bred Valentines aren't as appealing. |D *is a CB freak since she doesn't want to accidentally inbreed* So...yeah. Picking up most of any CB eggs I can find, breeding my metallics to gift, that's about it. Need to name my dragons, too, but.....@___@;

I am bad for wanting the new ones as soon as they come out. I try to plan my scroll around when news will come so I have room to get as many as I can. I will plan my life around it as well lol. Like now in rl we are packing and moving.......... I fear we will end up moving this weekend and not next weeknd and I wont have net or my computer hooked up if TJ does a new drop on the 21st or around that time. Is in hopes that NO news of a new drop to come means I have time to be online when it happens

Edited by Trinketguu

I usually want to collect all possibly to have dragons.... i missed all holidays ones because i was never on on these days, sadly.

I have my personal lineages/sometime with friends but i don't take part into huge lineage.

I must admit im a mass breeder, but i don't breed my commons most of the time ( At the exception of certain of my balloons because they are part of my personal lineage, but i sometime drop them in the AP )

Well i have a pretty good computer but im slow on grabbing stuff most of the time.