RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

We have players that span all ages from about 6 to retired folks, with computers that span every possibility from aged clunkers to super gaming machines, on every type of internet provider from dial up to super fast DSL or cable.

We have players with scrolls full of Pink dragons named "Bubble Gum", "Pixie" or "Boo", players with just Chickens, players with armies of Black dragons filling the skies with battle magic in their imaginations, even players with collections of singing hatchlings.

There are players who thrive on the competition for special rare or limited dragons and those who love to gift dragons to those who have difficulty catching them.

So, how do you play?

I like a more relaxed method of play. I can catch most dragons and help my sister to get the ones she finds more challenging, but I really like to concentrate on naming and describing my dragons more than on spending lots of time on catching. I like to breed to gift, but hate having the gifts go astray.

I try to get a good bunch of each kind of dragon, not sure how many but it seems mebbeh 3 of each adult gender, 2 of frozen hatchling gendered, one non-gendered... I don't breed much, and when I do, it's usually because I'm trying to get a trade (new to the trading though). I don't EQ much, but I did try it recently to see whether it'd work - not so well. I'm only biting for myself. I suck at snagging cave drops, so I mostly have to rely of the kindness of others for traded rares/uncommons.

I have a similar method. I like collecting rares most of all, but I'm not really that competitive. I don't have any armies, I just collect enough to try and have 1 or 2 of every breed. I enjoy trading and gifting, especially to those who have trouble getting a certain breed. My goal in the game is to have at least one of everything, so the only reason I care about lineages is for trading purposes, because long lineages can't be traded for a rare I might be missing.

*shrug*

I do what I do.

I tend to try to get at least two of each kind of dragon - and never take a non-dragon on my scroll. The few times I've accidentally gotten a chicken or dino egg due to a twitchy finger, they've wound up on the AP. It's got to at least LOOK like a dragon (paper and cheese count there).

I tend to grab several of a kind of dragon I like- regardless of their rarity. And naming them is fun too; I make all of mine up on the spot with only a few exceptions I named in honor of something.

I'm not much of a determined hunter though. I'll breeze by the main cave a few times in a day but it's pretty rare I stay on it for more than a few refreshes to see if anything I want comes up.

On the breeding side- I occasionally breed up some rarer eggs and toss them to the AP just to see where they wind up. A few have wound up with people who didn't take care of 'em- but most have found homes on healthy scrolls and have since gotten quite a few generations going. That's always fun to see.

Edited by Kyrieath

I like to get a bunch of each type of dragon in CB and that's what I'm working on. I'm sticking with common dragons right now like the pebble/canopy/neotropical dragons since, like RheaDark, I suck at getting good cave drops. As a result, I am rarely at the cave drops unless I need a CB of something rarely found in the AP, like the seasonals. I like working with lineages, and naming my dragons. One of these days, I'll like organizing my scroll but until tabs or headers come out, I don't think I'll enjoy it just yet. xd.png

i have been trying for a cb pair ( where applicable) and then whatever trips my trigger.--- someday i might even get the CB male mint i am missing----

no dinos dry.gif

recently been doing some even gen type breeding, and collecting red stripes with a Holly parent laugh.gif

edit:

just noticed that i have an even # of males and females-- how did that happen huh.giftongue.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

i'm mainly here to get inspiration to draw and to feed my hoarding obsession. i tend to aim to collect dragons on a certain theme each week (this week is blue), and when they mature, i arrange them into my growing rainbow of dragons. oh, i also collect black hatchies with soup-themed names and grey hatchies with weather forecast-themed names *U* b

i collect rares when i see them, but usually i stick to my weekly theme.

I only collect the dragons I like(except for some needed for their BSA) and try to get at least 1 adult and 1 gendered hatchie of the ones I like. In most cases, blue colored dragons are my main focus, though I have almost finished my goal in those. Breeding and lineage have not been my interest, so I only breed to gift and nice lineage eggs found in AP are usually sent back there.

I get as many dragons as possible. I try to get the releases a few months after. I like being scroll locked. I sometimes go for rares.

I don't know if I have a specific playing "style" I just kind of do whatever I'm in the mood for whether it be collecting dragons I don't have, hoarding my favorite breeds, trading, gifting, experimenting just whatever. I also happen to have 2 best friends who play the game so we often trade with each other and keep the game interesting for ourselves. I just do me :3

I don't guess I really have a "style" just yet. Right now I'm just trying to load my scroll - though at the moment my goal is to get at least one of each type of dragon. After I succeed with that, I might go for getting pairs of each type, and then perhaps lineages. Don't see me getting much out of gifting/trading until I really get the hang of everything.

I also like sitting at the cave and refreshing (when it's not blocked) just to see what I can get. I have more luck there than in the AP, it seems.

I'm laid back, but dedicated! (Meaning I spend waaaaay too much time on DC)

I'm trying to get at least two of each species, whether that be through CB, lineage, or mutt (yep, have a few mutts. And they're lovely!). If I can get rares I do, closest thing to rare I have are my two stripes (white and green).

I'm involved with a couple of lineages, but those are somewhat on stand-by because my eggs keep hatching under the wrong gender. laugh.gif

No specific style.

Mainly I grab the breeds I like (Ocherdrakes, Vines, Red dragons, etc) and name them and try to give all my draggies descriptions to let them know they are loved.

Personally, I tend to like a (highly variable) lot of whatever I like, although I never seem to have raising room for enough of those, as with the Neo army I SO want some day.

I suppose I'm in some sort of random Cave traveller category there, as I'll try for whatever comes up that I need/want whenever possible, rather than having some organized master plan.

(Well, sometimes I plan to plan a plan...)

Overall, I tend to center around dragons useful for breeding lineages I like, and when the dragons co-operate, I enjoy gifting to spread them around, though I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever catch up on previous lists and promises at current rates.

(Anyone waiting for a promised egg, please check with me - it may be from one of the dragons that only produces perhaps every couple of months, or I may need a reminder, due to insomnia and other issues making me tired, fuzzy-headed and forgetful - and if a particular dragon's too slow to produce, there may be an alternative choice you'd like.)

Someday I suppose I'll catch up...

Well, for commons, I'm trying to get a CB male and female pair of each type, which I've almost done. Once I have the initial pair, the next goal becomes to get one male and one female frozen hatchlings bred from the pair.

I collect paper hatchlings. I only have one adult, who grew up before I could freeze her. The rest are all frozen and given cutesy names. tongue.gif

I hoard rares because I like shiny things, because it's amusing on the occasion that I breed a few of them and end up with a bunch of gold eggs (had four gold eggs and hatchlings on my scroll at once before...that was cool), and because I can sometimes trade the resulting eggs for other awesome things. I breed them every week, on a schedule with between 2-3 per day, and try my best to bite resulting common eggs. I tend to keep rare eggs resulting from them, but I occasionally release one into the AP.

I'm hoarding vampires because they're cool and I want to be able to bite all my failed rare breedings to help balance white and black ratios. Unfortunately the resulting vamps like to get repulsed. sleep.gif

I get the holidays because they are pretty. :3

Edited by AngelKitty

I think my playing is kinda random honestly. I do love the thrill of the hunt (especially for holiday/new dragons) I'll often go stalk the cave to catch rares when I don't need/want them and just gift them later. Or trade them. I do like to trade. It's a nice way of getting what you want and getting someone else something they want when it works out. I get obsessed with breeds too. It really just depends on my mood. I like to trade and gift. I like to catch things for other people. I like doing my own personal lineage projects and goals for dragons (like I decided a few days ago all of a sudden I want 10 reds). There's no reason or rhyme for the madness. happy.gif

I honestly don't know. I only have, dunno, temporary goals. Like attempting to make an evengen lineage for the first time and hoarding vampires now.

I'm with Kyrieath, I collect dragons. No dinos or chickens for me, though I have one cheese and one paper (hey, they wish they were dragons). I go for CBs of most things, and I breed stuff for fun.

Hmm, where to begin...

I'm trying to get a CB pair of adults (male and female) for each kind, and freeze a hatchling of each (usually inbreds from the AP)-- both S1 and S2. Maybe S2s of each gender, eventually.

I like even-gens, and also stair-steps. I'm working on a Gaia-type lineage, with the eventual goal of having the ancestral line in rainbow order. I might work on a rainbow-themed stair-step lineage at some point, like the Rainbow or Prism project.

I love my Alt Sweetlings, and I'm always looking for CB Blacks or CB Red Dorsals as mates for them -- atm I have one CB Black, and I breed my other Sweetie with a CB Red.

I breed mostly to gift, and occasionally to trade, and of course to work on lineages. I pray for Teleport xd.png

I like metallics, but very much dislike the messy-lineaged common "byproducts" of breeding them... so once I have better-lineaged ones, I'll phase out the breeding of my long-lined pretties.

No dinos, but chickens are fun. I also like the idea of freezing hatchies for lyrics-- I already have one set of AP-catch Pebbles singing the lyrics of the chorus to "Always" by Erasure (aka the Robot Unicorn song).

Oh, and I love Thuweds. I have one 4th-even-gen double (he's also a Dusk Dorkface Draconna), and a 3rd-even-gen single, and I'm working on getting another 3rd gen so I can eventually have a 5th-even-gen quadruple. I'm kinda interested in Rare x Rares, and casually looking out for Dorks not related to Midas Dorkface-- like descendants of Mighty Midas or Midas II.

tl;dr I like pretty lineages! biggrin.gif But I have fun just plain collecting as well.

Well, at first my goal was to collect all kinds of dragons; now, more than a year after I joined, I'm lacking only a few breeds, so I'm getting very interested in funny or famous lineages like Thuweds, Dorkfaces, et cetera. I particularly like to breed and/ore get even generations. I like to breed and gift eggs, too =)

Like Kyrieath, I only collect dragons... no chickens or dinos! I try to get at least one CB pair of every breed (missing only a Split pair) to satisfy my collecting obsession, addiction... hobby rolleyes.gif . New releases are caught as soon as possible!

I'm also involved in the Seasonal Lineage Project, Flames of Perfection and Even-Gen (Gaia, Pure Stripes). Breeding is for my scroll or on request, I used to breed the metallics on a regular schedule, but too many of their common offspring were being killed. All my dragons are named - usually something Latin or vaguely Greek.

When I first joined, the only goal I had was to have one of my dragons grow up. Now my goal is to get as many dragons and rares as possible.