RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

I'm trying to get 2 adults, one of each gender, of each breed of dragon, unless this is not possible. With holiday dragons or other dragons with limits to how many you can have, I usually get one adult and one frozen hatchie.

I also get either 1 or 2 frozen hatchies for each breed, depending on whether said breed is dimorphic or not.

Thats pretty much it though. I don't care about inbreds vs. CBs, I don't bother with lineages, and I usually don't breed unless I'm hoping for an egg I'm to keep.

I'm sure I posted but I can't find it. In any case, I think the way I play changed somewhat. I am spending a little less time on DC, but I think that's good. Got to set my priorities straight (haha). Now that I'm finishing up with my Seasonal Lineage Projects, this is what I am doing:

- Collect at least 5 CB pairs (m x f) of each dragon, particular commons

- Continue my Seasonal Lineage Project New Blood lineages

In between the above, I:

- Work on my other forum-based lineage projects (breeding, mostly)

- Work on my personal lineage projects (breeding, mostly, for geodes, blunas and shallow waters)

Since I'm pretty new, I try to get as many breeds as possible. One of each for now, unless I really like the breed, in which case I'll get two of each. I'm not really looking for rares yet because I still haven't gotten enough commons. Once I get as many breeds as I like, I'll try to get both genders for the breeds. I don't plan on releasing any dragons. I also hope to find names for all of my dragons. Kind of hard... all of the names I've been thinking of are taken... :/ Oh well. I'll work on that.

I'm trying to get as many as I can of every breed I can, including frozen s1 and s2 hatchies.

I'm trying to collect at least male and female of each breed if it's possible, and then some frozen hatchlings. Also I love to have many extras of my favourite breeds.

I try to get all the different types of dragons. In the meantime, I collect the other gender of my adults. I have done so successfully with Nebulas and Vampires.

i breed a lot, i like rares, and vine dragons, i keep most of what i breed, and i'm trying to get 500 dragons

The dragons I try to pick up depend on my previous dragons. So for example if I have a red, a hellfire, a canopy, and a purple from a few months ago, but I recently got a canopy, I won't get another canopy until I get to that point again. it's kind of hard to explain, but maybe you can understand what I mean if you look at my scroll.

I started out playing for collection, having an adult male and female and frozen gendered hatchling for each breed, or as close to that as is possible. Now that I almost have that goal completed (excepting things like hollies and neglecteds), I've switched to lineages, especially even-gen., to keep me interested. I've also become very, very picky about lineages that I'll let only my scroll, and all the new dragons coming out have to be caveborn. But I'll never toss any of my old dragons, even the ones with horrible lineages. I'm way too fond of them for that. rolleyes.gif

Personally I like feeling a bit of a challenge when I'm playing, so I don't allow myself to use influence for collection, only for lineages. I like the uneven, natural look it gives my scroll. And I'm completely fine with trading for something I need, and actually really enjoy trading because of the inherent risk involved.

Edited by Verilidaine

I've changed how I play the game several time now, partially due to changes made in the system, but mostly due to my own shifting interests.

At first I was just collecting to collect. After a few months, I decided to make it harder and just went to non-inbreds.

I ultimately want at least a pair and one of each stage for frozen hatchlings, not for completeness, but because I think hatchlings are just so darn cute. smile.gif

Lately, I've been keeping myself busy with my own breeding projects and have become fond of even-gen lineages. Which is now leading to grabbing even more CBs that ever before.

I figure keeping my game plan changing is what's stopped me from getting bored.

I'm Sorrowgrave. The way I play depends on who's on the scroll I share, me or my lil brother I play more of a Fantasy thing Collect CB or PB (if it's black...no prefrance I can "make" those pb *evilsnicker*) really I name my dragons after easter eggs or for lineage projects each dragon on my scroll repersents a idea , a plot a story it's up to who ever reads the name to decide what that is

I never freeze and don't want dinos chickens papers or anything like that, just dragons but little bro likes the catoony things

Edited by Sorrowgrave

i'm trying to have a pair of each kind + a frozen hatchie except golds and silvers that i have a bunch for breeding and giving away or trading for dragons i need biggrin.gif

i love catching eggs but i'm furious cuz everytime i'm scroll locked i see a dragon i really want in AP or cave xd.png i love the excitment of trading rarae kinds with someone <3

Primary goal for me...is to collect all the breeds (Minus those I don't want) and reach my target number of certain breeds of dragons.

Before all that though, I like to make sure that I have a male and female adult of each breed. Not to into the frozen hatchies, but I still get them occasionally.

Overall relaxed player anymore, I used to be super into D.C, rare and competitive for new eggs and such not...not so much anymore. Nonetheless, I still love the thrill of new eggs, and breeding my favorite kinds :3

I aim to get one adult of each gender, and one hatchling of each gender. If it was possible to freeze hatchlings before gendering I'd aim for those too, but it's practically impossible.

If we can ever freeze eggs I'll aim to freeze eggs too. Just one of each type though.

Also, I like to use the Abandoned Cave a lot.

I mostly want at least one adult male and one adult female of each type, one adult if there's just one gender, and I want one hatchling for each type, unless there's a different sprite for each gender, then I want one of each.

I want multiples of the types that I like, or of ones that have useful BSA's like Pinks and Reds.

I like some lineage collection, but I have no problem if it's not, and I don't mind collecting inbreds or long-lineaged Dragons, though if I want to trade/gift I'll try to avoid breeding those.

If a Dragon is useful for producing certain other breeds (like Greens and Stones for Geodes) that I like, I'll try to collect multiples of them so I have better chances for breeding.

I also enjoy finding Dragons with interesting codes.

I like breeding, and more recently I've started breeding with specific-looking lineages in mind, so if I think it looks nice I might breed to get more like it or to continue it.

Aside from that, I sometimes have temporary goals, such as getting a CB or trading for a bred egg of a certain breed to use in breeding to avoid inbreds because the ones on my scroll are all related--like my Stripes, most of my Stripes are related so sometimes, if I know I'll be using the eggs for gifts/trades, I'll try to get non-related Dragons because I know a lot of people don't like inbreds...

I also like to randomly breed/catch Dragons to gift to people who are having a hard time getting what they want sometimes.

I try to name all my Dragons, I detest leaving things unnamed, though I sometimes do if I can't figure out a name for it yet or if, like I'm doing with a few now, raising them for Zombie-fodder. xd.png

I get what I like, I'm not really a 'collector'. I let both my holidays grow up so I can spread double the joy the next year (A possibility of 8 eggs going to those who don't have one.). I care about whether a egg is inbred or not unless there is some other factor. I work mainly on personal lineage projects, one of them is where I can get as many holiday types into it as possible (Where it currently is). The highest rank dragon for me is a pure bred even gen, or if it's a rare as close to pure bred as possible. I have a fondness of seasonals due to one being one of my first four. I sometimes set up 'trophy dragons' which are specially organized and not to be bred.

That was a long list of semi random stuff.

I try to get at least 2 male + 2 female adults of each dragon type and a hatchling out of one pair. If there are different sprites for the hatchlings I also try for both of them. Nowadays i usually try to get CB adults, and for personal breeding projects often even more than two pairs, because i usually prefer Perfect High Gen breedings.

From time to time I breed for the AP what i am thinking it would be interesting for others, and if it is a really nice egg, i offer it in the IRC, usually for free. When I hear from a user that he has a certain wish I try to fulfill it at once, or write it down so I can remember and try later.

Sometimes I try to trade, but usually I gift, and I hope, this will encourage others to help me when I ask for help.

I know that there are a lot of people in the Cave which love to help, and I met a lot of people who helped me already in the past. I think this game is much nicer if you do not need to have something to offer every time you ask for something, for getting an egg you failed to hunt for or cannot breed on your own.

Finally, it is very interesting that there are certain things which are really hard to get. Neglecteds, CB metallics, Hollies, CB Blacks and CB Vines, Unbreedables, a game need such challenges.

I have now more than 600 dragons in my scroll, but still have some goals. Neglected and CB Gold, and a Holly, these would be very nice for my scroll, i think. laugh.gif

Best regards

Aulendil

How do you raise

-Commons

-Eggs of rare lineages

-Uncommons

-Rares

-Guardians of Nature

-Neglecteds

I usually just use DDF or the Allure of Neglected Dragons for commons/uncommons, for rares I'd probably use three hatcheries but I don't really have any yet. >.<

GoNs, I'd only use one for fear of soft shell, and neglected, I'd use two hatcheries, just because. What's your strategy?

I raise mine all the same way and it seems to work out OK.

I'm currently using DDF, EWG, Silvi's and Allure of Neglected Dragons, though not necessarily starting all eggs on all of these on the 1st day.

But I check frequently for Soft Shell/Sickness, even though it doesn't generally happen very often, so the more delicate ones can be fogged as required.

I put them into DDF and AoND when they hit 6.20 and take them out as soon as they are fully cracked or gendered.

The only times I wait (sometimes until they hit 6 days) is with rare eggs, holidays and when new releases come out, because the hatcheries are overrun at that time and things get way more views than usual.

Edited by TanzendeFee

I pretty much wait till they're under 4 days, then ER them in draghatch, jaemeia, NDER and sometimes Silvi's. If I have something I need to gender early, or that I really want to grow asap, I put them in silvi's and draghatch early. But most things I only ER.

I raise all mine pretty much the same way. I leave them sit until 4d, then pop them into Allure, and if they reach 3d 23h, I pop them in silvi and jaemia too. If it's a rare or something special the wait time is spent fogged. Rinse and repeat for hatchies.