RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

Ha-ha ! I'm an exception ! cool.gif

Just kidding. But I actually do not plan on having "one of each sprite" or even breed. On the contrary - breeds of which I absolutely don't like the sprite and/or the description of character won't get on my scroll. Ever. (newest example: Luminas - vain creatures with butt-wings (no, not cool), and a very, hm, unluckily chosen pose of the male) Though in some cases there may be exceptions if one outweights the other. For example: I don't like the "character" of the Vines (maybe because they don't have one except "If it moves and you can reach it - kill and eat it !"), but the normal sprites are very nice, so there are a very few Vines there (which are guarded and fed by the other dragons, so they don't have to be a public menace in Lantea wink.gif ). Alt Vines I'll never have, no matter how valuable, because I don't like the sprite either.

I only took some Tinsels in to trade with/gift their offspring later, and some of them I was gifted by very nice people and could make a lineage I really love, so I love the Tinsels of it, too.

There are a few dragon breeds I absolutely adore (first of all the Royal Blues), and I'll have lots of them on my scroll eventually, because I plan on breeding many beautiful lineages with them and will collect every specimen with a nice "foreign" lineage that crosses my path. But I'm not going for "armies" - I want to spread them to others as dragons with beautiful heritage, not just hoard them by numbers for myself. (Not saying that I have anything against the armies of other people - if it's fun for you, then just recruit away ! smile.gif )

The breeds I just "like" will get one or two CB pairs and the occasional beautiful lineaged single that caught my eye (more if I decide to further that lineage, of course).

I don't have any special event dragons, as I've not been around long enough (started in April). Mostly I'm OK with that, because most of the sprites don't catch my fancy. But I'm really sad that I wasn't here for the Shadow Walkers and the Heartseekers ! sad.gif The sprites are gorgeous and the descriptions so nice - and I'll never ever have a CB one, probably not even a 2nd+ gen. sad.gif

Seasonals... Hm, I like the idea, but it's not my type of sprite, so I didn't try to get one up to now. (Can't catch them, so I'd have to trade for them.) That may change in Autumn, because that's the only Seasonal sprite I really like quite a bit.

What else... I tend to look over lots of AP eggs and if I find a lineage that catches my fancy I gratefully keep the little one. And never say no to an instant-hatchable egg of breeds I like. I usually don't take too messy eggs of any kind. I hunted in/haunted the caves for some of my CB uncommons, but all my Trios and some others I had to trade for.

BSAs (Red, Purple, Pink, Magi) are the usual exception from everything - no matter how messy the lineage, if it's low-time I'll take it. And I'll have lots of them although I don't like the Red and the female Purple sprite very much (and the Magi are nice dragons, but their colour just hurts my eyes). Have to be practical there...

Oh, and freezing... I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea, and will never do it for the purpose of collecting. But some hatchies are just so unbelievably cute that I may be tempted to keep them that way someday, just to be able to look at them every time I look at my dragons.

So, I guess that's about all (and much more than) you could want to hear about my collecting of dragons. Good luck with your own ! smile.gif

Greetings,

Lantean_Pegasus

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

I just get whatever I like. I plan on getting at least 8 CBs of those dragons. I'm still missing that quota of the metals and one tsunaami and one red dorsal. I oly have one royal blue and one seasonal and they're at the bottom of my scroll. I only kept the royal blue because it was one of the ones I picked up when they were first released. I gave all my others away. I have one fall dragon that was only kept because it's inbred over 300 times. I also have no balloon dragons because I don't want any. Other than that I have few hybrids because I just haven't gotten around to breeding them yet. I also have my small magi army.

merging with existing thread Edited by rubyshoes

Me: Other then collecting moonstones/vampire dragon army, I like to collect what I consider rare, or extremely rare....

Gor instant: ND is insta, Gold, Silver are wanted, not bronze, and must be non-Tinsel versions. New releases, and try to have the most rarest dragon ever possible, with proof of course......GoN transformed to Zombie, mwhaha, this halloween, one of them are going to be subjected to the Death Button.........As I personally only collect 1 of every dragon as I really don't want to of each. And I like to see how my female/male ratio plays out on its own, which is not bad, still more female dragons, and worst part, I'm a dude player, which is extremly annoying having more females then males present on my scroll....wink.gif

But I mainly play to gift people want they want, I like to gift......in RL and INL....

Edited by White-Sword-Master

I like to collect all sorts of dragons, though I like rares better. My goal is to get at least two out of every breed, rare and common. I name and describe most of my dragons, and those I don't aren't because I forgot or couldn't come up with names/descriptions but because there's a story behind why I didn't do it.

I am also going to start gifting out rares and etc. as soon as I can get 2 parents for each breed AND enough magi dragons to handle the teleports. I like the idea of gifting eggs and hatchlings, and I want to start doing that ASAP c:

Also, I like to make fan stories about dragcave (I currently have 2 in the making).

I collect whatever. I actially sometimes army unwanted species (Guardians/spitfires) but I also love blacks and vamps. (Dead eggs on my scroll are usually due to the latter)

Also going insaine trying to get a negeted, and a holy, the only two dragons I don't have one of.

Only ones I don't try to amass are the dinos. I get one for the sake of compleation, but I really am not a dino fan.

I take whatever the cave spits out tongue.gif

But really, I want at least three CB (or as close to CB as possible) male/female pairs of most of the dragons, not including X-mas or Valentines or the dragons I don't like enough. Also extra dragons for my stories in the descriptions that I eventually will finish >_<

If I raise a dragon type, I either like how it looks, what it does, value its eggs as trading fodder, or need it for my stories.

I need more rares

I just collect the coastal ones and the ones with earthquake, teleport ect...

I also thinking of getting alpine ones as i have got a harvest by accident, what do you guys think?

I want to make a army, but i don't know which one to do. anybody got ideas? I was thinking magi or mints.

I just collect the coastal ones and the ones with earthquake, teleport ect...

I also thinking of getting alpine ones as i have got a harvest by accident, what do you guys think?

I want to make a army, but i don't know which one to do. anybody got ideas? I was thinking magi or mints.

Every dragon is available, but I'd go with mints. Cute as heck. ;D

I'm very loose about what I collect. When I have room, I take whatever I like that I find, or breed, but not often. I'll often take cave blockers and abandoned eggs, because I feel bad for them. I used to go after dragons I don't have, but now I have most. I've never really cared about lineage when going after breeds new to my scroll. I go after every rare I don't have, but who doesn't? xd.png I try to have no more than 4 eggs on my scroll at a time, just in case there's anything I REALLY want. And I have an army of whiptails. :3

I sort my dragons in chronological order, and will move the newest eggs to the top if they end up sorted wrong when I first get them. I describe from time to time. I always name my dragons (most of their names are greek). I don't freeze, kill, or do anything that risks death. I got one vampire off the AP, and don't feel I need anymore, so I probably won't bite any eggs, and I won't try for any zombies. I may try to get an ND, but I haven't attempted yet.

I have one personal lineage, an even-gen whiptail one with the surname "Tailithe." I don't inbreed dragons, but I'll take in inbreds I find on the AP. I keep every egg I breed (except one where I accidentally forgot my scroll was full when I bred it). All my dragons only have one mate if they have been bred (except for one, and again, that was a mistake). My favorite kind of lineage is purebred checkerboard, because of all the effort it takes (not that other lineages don't) and how pretty the result is. smile.gif

I try not to make scroll goals anymore. Over the years I would make a scroll goal, meet it, then make another. Which usually ended up messing up the first one. Now I am just trying to get every sprite available, and every CB version of that sprite available.

I only need a Male and an Ungendered Neglected to get every sprite and (I believe) just a Male Gold, Holly (yaright), and the two ND's to get every CB version. Although there may be a few dragons I'm missing, those are the ones I'm really after.

But even after I meet that goal, I am always looking to up my Rare count. tongue.gif And I love Even Gen Lineages.

I used to name every dragon but I just got tired of keeping up with thinking of a new name for every dragon. Now I barely name them at all. With over 1,700 dragons and a limited imagination, it's hard to keep up. >.<

Edited by tikigurl91

I just want to collect different breeds of dragons. I might start an army of some dragons in the future, when I feel like it. In the future, I suppose I'll try to get both genders of every dragon I steal. But for now, I'm just casually collecting whatever I feel like.

My goal is to have both frozen 2nd stage hatchlings of both genders for each breed of dragon and a frozen 1st stage hatchling for each breed. I'm also trying to collect as many dragons as I can.

My goal is in my profile. Once that goal is somewhat done I'm hoarding frozen stage 1 Red hatchlings.

My goal is now to collect as many dragon hatchlings as I can and grow as many dragons as I can so I can get to work on my 500 dragons goal. :3

I'm also trying to make a vamp army and a red army. >->

I used to go after rares, now I'm getting common dragons so I don't just have one or two dragons of each kind or the same gender. And maybe I just come to like the sprites or the dragons in general.

Also adding to my army of male Vampires. I don't have a single female.

Currently wanting to get a male and female pair of each dragon.

Whenever this goal is reached (or at least for all commons/uncommons) I'll probably start colleting frozen hatchies (1 S1 and two S2 for each breed).

I used to name all my dragons, but stopped a while back when I was losing interest in the game which culminated with a few month long (almost a year, maybe) hiatus, so after coming back I was severely behind. Since then I make a priority of naming gifted/traded dragons, or dragons with a specific lineage, dragons who I find a mate for, or if I get sudden flashes of inspiration (which isn't too helpful, since I still can't come up with a good name for my GoN)

Way back in 08, before my years-long hiatus, I only wanted one adult CB of each breed. :P

Now I want 4 CB pairs of each breed, excluding unbreedables. :D I love collecting pretty lineages and breeding them as well. C:

I want a lot of things on my scroll, but these are the main ones:

- One of Each Unbreedable Dragon (Chicken, Cheese, Paper)

- One of Each Dino (Need Yellow to complete)

- CB Silver on Scroll

- Neglected on Scroll.

...most of my scroll goals beyond that involve my lyric projects and if I got into those, we'd be here all day.

Coming back after only playing in the cave for a month or so 4 years ago, it was overwhelming to see all the dragons. I quit last time when I had one of every adult sprite I liked. Now, there are so many! And the opportunity to make pretty pedigrees with all the colors! It was sorta overwhelming for a day or so.

I rapidly spiraled through wanting two of everything and being mad for the metallic dragons to realizing the more common dragons were actually quite lovely and more attainable. So my new goal was a lineage project, using purple, gold/yellow/orange, and sunsong dragons. It reduced the number of dragons I would want to catch, gave me something to focus on rather than trying to catch'em all, and gave me a direction.

That is still what I see as a main goal, but I've taken a little detour to get pinks so I can influence gender, and will also get reds so I can shorten the breeding cycles. I want to breed pretty pedigrees, so I'm acquiring nice "foundation" dragons for both projects. Much as I'd lik to just start breeding, having only 4 egg slots is a big limitation! I have to have priorities. Since the pinks will help with all future breeding projects I'm starting there, with a few pretty interesting pinks and a plan to get a bunch of 2nd gen Heartseeker X pinks to start a lineage.

I'm also looking at all the green and "flood" dragons and thinking how pretty they look together, so after I have the purple and gold project ticking along I may start in on collecting and breeding those. It won't be long before I have 5 slots, and that will help things move along a little faster. :-)

I don't feel a need to have all the treasures on my personal scroll. I kind of like having them hidden away in lineages, like little easter eggs for anyone who goes looking through my pedigrees.

Eventually I hope to have a first page of dragons that are "finished," either eggs I get from breeders like this awe inspiring lovely:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FKIH8

or the ones I eventually will complete myself. I think 4 - 6 generations is pretty much done-- there's just not enough room on the screen to show more. So that's the size of my canvas-- between 16 - 64 dragons. And all the breeds are my palette of colors.

I don't want to have long lists of dragons that all look the same, I want each one to be like a special jewel to be appreciated individually. I'm pretty much agnostic about inbreeding-- I'll avoid it where I can, but if I want a checkerboard I may cheerfully re-use some of the same dragons.

Thanks to all the breeders who are so kind and helpful about breeding what I want. It's MUCH easier to focus on getting the right 2nd gens than on trying to catch CB dragons, and puts me that much further along on getting where I want to go. From a pedigree perspective it's like I get three dragons for every one I hatch!

I used to simply catch and name and organize by breed (still looks like I do but I have grander plans)

But recently I've decided that describing and making up my own little world would be more fun than just collecting. So I'm reorganizing into "Areas" of my "Cave" where I can choose mates for each "breedable" dragon and also base descriptions off of areas as well. It's basically just for fun and to facilitate describing my dragons. biggrin.gif

After that, I still plan on finishing a few lineage projects and also instead of hoarding Nocturnes, I'm going to hoard Ochredrakes.

Of course I'll still work on getting male and female CB's and 2 frozen hatchlings (if there is two different sprites) for each breed.

my goal is 2 adults (opposite gendered) 2 frozen opposite gendered hatchies and 2 frozen ungendered for each species. or for those that have scroll limits 2 opposite gendered adults.

My goal is to have every adult sprite - all nicely lineaged if possible - and every S2 hatchling sprite - all CB if possible. They all have to be named, most of them in Latin, and all described.

I guess the descriptions thing is another scroll goal. All those in the Herachus Clan are to be described, and all interlock with one another in ways.

Soo that's my scroll goal for now xd.png I am considering making an army one day, but I can't choose a dragon...

Right now, I'm focusing on my BBW Sonnet of army and possibly start another army soon :3 But I don't have any goals in particular, just to get the dragons I want to. I'm still going for a no frozen scroll though, I don't know why but I just like seeing all my dragons grow up.