RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

I used to be the kind of person who only collected CBs, except for rares, and I had zero interest in lineages. But that god-awful Midwinter Madness released changed all that. When there was nothing in the cave except for the same three eggs for weeks, I started catching things off the AP and paying more attention to their lineages. Nowadays, I really enjoy collecting things with lovely even-gen and stairstep lineages. I still collect CBs (of course), but I now have a new appreciation for a beautiful lineage.

I spend a lot of my time stalking the cave hoping for CB metallics, but I also spend a lot of time in the AP, picking eggs up and looking at their lineages, and seeing if it's something I want to keep. Most of what I catch, I toss back. But every now and then I find a real gem that I just have to keep. The cool thing about a common dragon with an awesome lineage is that it's like a big pile of treasure hiding in a cardboard box. No one would suspect from the outside that it's anything special, but when you "open it up" you see the real value.

I also do a fair bit of breeding as well. But, my breeding is rarely haphazard. It's usually quite deliberate--I'm always trying to create something beautiful to keep for myself, gift to a specific person, or simply chuck it to the AP where some lucky person can discover the treasure hidden in that common package.

I usually collect the dragons that I find are the prettiest. When the sprites changed I even released some of the dragons that became less attractive. I am all for the Vampires and currently occupied in building a mass vampire army. I only breed the uncommons and rares, and sometimes the first four dragons that I began with.

I despise dinos, so if I catch them they are destined for trades or for AP drops.

What else. Oh, I love finding right names for my dragons, and personally gets little sad when I come across a name that does not sound like a name, such as "Coca Cola", "I am Happy", "DevilMonster", etc. But I really get depressed when dragons aren't named at all.

Eh, I'm kinda a laid-back collector/breeder. I like to have one of each kind of dragon, but I tend to keep and breed more of my favorite kinds (I have a -lot- of white dragons, as a result).

But, I'm a world-builder also. I name every single dragon and other critter I have, give them backstories, and just see how their interactions in the game play out. In that way, I feel I have a little sanctuary of dragons with a growing society and a whole big story behind everything and everyone. ^^

S'part of the reason this is my favorite "pet" site. You have the pail, the shovel, and the sand, all one has to do is build the castle. smile.gif

I just want at least one of each. Hoping for 2 male & 2 female of each that gender is available on, and 1 frozen for each breed.

I set most of my dragons free at the end of last year, except for some new ones & some rares, mainly to make the game fun again.

My only 'goal' is 31 vampires, 1 for each day of the month.

I don't really get into trading/gifting because I don't really socialize much here and it's hard to coordinate release/catch times with my work schedule.

I'm scroll-locked, and that is how I play.

I try to get to the 3 hatchlings, 3 eggs point, and then pick up something else.

If I think what I have is "good enough", I will get myself to the 4 hatchlings and 5 eggs point by breeding, but if I am not satisfied, I will drop something to try again.

"Good enough" can be anything--time left, whether cave born/clean lineage/horribly inbred, type of egg/hatchie, gender, etc--whatever I am feeling at the time.

I am happy with what I have now; I have 5 cave born hatchies, a 2nd gen white stripe hatchie, 1 cave born egg, one 2nd gen green stripe egg which has a frill parent, and another green stripe egg with clean lineage and a frill parent.

Although I am happy with what I have, I am always willing to toss them aside if TJ releases any new stuff, because that is how I play.

I am normally out of freezes. I have been out of freezes since Friday at 11:30 PM, and I won't get another freeze until tomorrow afternoon.

I am hopelessly behind on naming. I only have 1220 named out of 1462.

I will probably never have neglected or zombies on my scroll, as I don't like the idea of killing or nearly killing pixel dragons.

I try to collect every typ of dragon. I wanted to have a male, a female and an frozen hatchling (maybe 2 when they look differend when they genered). The dragons I like most I collect more of them and try to get many CBs but I`m also looking for dragons with interisting Lineages. Tha`s how I play the game and most of the Time I`m Scroll locked. xd.png

I've done some of everything, but I'm usually more focused on some things at some times, and other things at other times :3

Scroll: maintain constant lock, but usually can unlock by dropping the last "meh" AP catch (or metallics to make way for gifts).

I trade, gift, and request avidly - lots of fun :'D Mostly because I fail at cave hunting and therefore have to trade for nearly everything, heh.

Always:

I collect everything (dragon or not, pretty or .. not my cup of tea), and I strive to have four of each breed to complete my "collection". I also love the metallic sprites so I'm continually expanding my shiny armies, combined 160+ strong (and black, stripe, hellfire adult armies and white frozen army as a consequence). I love naming dragons and describing them when I have time; my scroll long got too large to get every dragon done.

Concentrations now and then:

- Describing dragons

- Personal lineage projects (currently very focused on these, heh)

- Outside lineage projects

- Various armies

- Enjoying chatting and whatnot n__n

Haha, I'm with kadoatie--these days, my scroll is never unlocked, and when it is, I quickly lock it again. laugh.gif

For me, it's a cycle of checking my eggs, and when they're unlocked, going to the AP and Cave to see if I can snag something I like. I tend to take things a little seriously sometimes and if I missed something, I can go on regretting it for a long time. Like the CB Silver I refreshed over in the cave and various others. xd.png

For me, the only rares I can catch are Cheeses and Vampires, so I have a hard time getting metallics and the dragons in high demand, so I'm constantly on the lookout for those offering them as trades or gifts. And I do happy dances around the room whenever I get the eggs I really want, fffff.;;

I'm also currently collecting and freezing hatchies that I think are cute. :3

I grab whatever I want smile.gif

I don't trade at all, I like snagging things off the AP mostly, although I do hang out at the cave entrance sometimes. Apparently this week I started getting the hang of snagging rares that way. My goal is to have a couple of each kind. I only like to breed when I'm scroll locked, and only breeds that seem to be in demand, I just released a bluna, sunrise, and split today for that reason.

Sometimes I grab eggs that I have no intention of keeping when the AP gets too big. I keep them for a day or two and abandon them when the AP is smaller, I find that eggs with less time go faster. Not super low though, if it's less than 4 days I put it in an ER and release the hatchie instead. Hatchlings always go fast smile.gif

I wish I was more strategic sad.gif

The game plan should have been:

- Get 5000 Red Dragons.. then

- Get a couple of pinks

- Then get rares/mod mayhems x.x

I hate being scroll-locked, and CB/AP misclicks. I like CBs only. I hate freezing/releasing eggs, but sometimes I do it in order to un-scroll lock myself.

I play it as it comes. If I pick up something on a whim or make a misclick I usually just keep it or bite it. ;D I have a soft spot for Blacks though, I've ended with a fair few of them on my scroll, and i'm not even sure how. :3

I like to catch CBs mostly, though i love interesting lineages and funny codes.

Most of the time, i just chill and play the game. I certainly don't chuck a hissy fit if something happens

My aim is to have at least 3 dragons of each kind (well, let's say of each quite common kind): a male, a female and a frozen hatchling.

Then there are some dragons I like more than the others (i.e. magi, purple, norcturne) and of them I try to get many CBs to create a pure lineage family. I don't name every dragon, but for the families I use names with the same theme

I'm not interested in chicken or dinos but only in real dragons.

I usually try for a pair of each breed of dragon, along with one or two gendered frozens, depending on wether there's dimorphism or not. I don't really go for 1st stage hatchlings, with the exception of a few I really like, simply because they could always gender after all and I wouldn't even notice since my scroll in getting loooong.

And then there's some breeds of dragons that I like seeing/using in lineages, or that I find very pretty or useful. So I get more of those. ^^; I also had a goal of 31 vamps, which I achieved, but stopped biting because of how common they were becoming... *starts getting off topic*

Ahem. Yeah. Basically I want one of each sprite on my scroll and multiples of my favourites. But, since I've taken a liking to neat lineages lately, I've ended up with a few previously unnecessary extras that I'm more than glad to own now. 8D

Originally, my plan was to have m & f adults and 1 or 2 frozen hatchlings of each kind of dragon and non-dragons. I'm still trying for that somewhat but most of the dragons I grab anymore are on a whim or I decide I want more of a certain kind because of what they can do or because of a naming scheme or just because I like that particular kind of dragon. (how's that for a sentence blink.gif) Sometimes it's by mistake. Like I never planned to have more than two adult silver dragons but a hatchling grew up before I got around to freezing it. So now of course I want to have two m/f pairs along with two or four frozen hatchlings. Or that stone hatchling I snagged out of the AP by accident (can you say click happy rolleyes.gif ) that I for some reason decided to just freeze and name rather than re-abandon it.

I've never really worried much over lineage and such. I've never traded. I only breed when I'm trying to add to my scroll. I name all of my dragons which I usually plan ahead of time. I pick names from favorite characters/stories mostly but also from songs or just names I like and/or I feel suit that specific breed of dragon. But I ramble... wacko.gif

This is how I plan on playing:

* Create families of dragon types that interest me.

* Give them meaningful names and descriptions.

* Stay on the hunt for the 'best' eggs.

Maybe I'll join a lineage or two; I'll have to dig around this site more.

I play for the love of dragons and will never stop....i started rather randomly just trying to get some of all the breeds....then after my scroll was at a good point i switched my focus to hoarding and getting at least two cbs of the dragons that i don't hoard....i try to keep my golds and silvers at an even number and i totally hoard purples...over 60 on my scroll...and thats just the origional breed

recently i've gotten into the lineage project mode joining several projects here on the fourms and creating two myself...(see links in my sig if interested)

stalk the ap, breed and make "farms" with metallicxcommon pairings

I enjoy most stalking the cave entrance and AP, collecting and hatching eggs. Want CB of everything ultimately, but as long s nothing is inbred, I'm happy with what I catch. Usually I leave the abandoned hatchlings to others, unless something pops up that I have an immediate use for.

Occassionally. I will hatch one egg out of my clutch of four to abandon as a hatchling for other players, and I like to breed my rare and uncommon dragons then abandon those eggs for others. As I caught many of my own rare and uncommon dragons through generous folks in this same manner, I like to 'pay it forward', so to speak. No trading though, I like the randomness of just dropping an egg for others, and stumbling over something awesome completely out of the blue.

Other than that, I'm working on collecting sprites of all current available stages of dragons, dinos, chickens, whatever. It fun for me to come to the forums and see what all everyone else is doing with their scroll.

Now I also want a nice shiny gold trophy, so I'll keep gathering dragons for the forseeable future, as I've only got around about 100 now (bronze trophy). wink.gif

1) Grab the CB things and mass breed

2) Use the CB things to mass breed more.

3) Vamps! Collect them.

4) New dragons! Collect them.

5) Stop and wonder what to do.

6) Settle for finishing collecting dimorphism sprites (at least 1 adult male and 1 adult female of each breed)

7) Haunt the AP and nom the inbreds to collect more vamps!

8) Mass breed!

9) Rinse and repeat.

I think I'm somewhere between six and seven on that list.

That's a very open-ended question, and i tend to be verbose. You have been warned.

First, i have never done a "trade" nor enlisted a catcher at a holiday. I have caught most of my dragons just through luck and persistence. There are a few i managed to grab via a departure notice on the forum, but for the most part, i have stalked and grabbed without help from anyone else.

Second, i collect the sprites that i like. If you look at my scroll, there are some breeds that are fairly common, yet absent from my scroll. I don't complain about those sprites or get involved in any forum bickering. I just don't collect them. I *did* make a comment when all of my waters changed sprites overnight, but i got used to the new version and kept my collection. I have a disproportionate number of water, deep sea, pygmy, and horse dragons because i like them best. I'm also starting a Balloon dragon air force, because they need love too. There are a couple of sprites on my scroll that i don't really like. I have them because i grabbed the eggs when they were brand new and unknown, and feel bad about kicking them off because i don't like the way they turned out.

Third, i try to share uncommon dragons. I got my first vampire last Halloween. I had two or three successful bites (from her, and from the one she bit). Since about December, i have announced each successful bite on a departure board and given away. (But i still try to catch vamps in the AP--see item 1). I also have some pairs that consistently give me geode eggs when i breed them, and i release those. However, i haven't had a lot of luck with my metallics, so i have kept most of the ones i have bred.

Fourth, despite the majority opinion and the history behind it, i think it's mean to name a dragon "Dorkface". sad.gif I know it's just a bunch of pixels who won't be offended by being called that, but i don't want to do it. On the other hand, i have a handful of nice Thuwed dragons that i am rather proud of.

Fifth, i have a couple of ongoing goals. I want to collect some dragons with cleaner, shorter bloodlines than i have just now. My stripes, in particular, have long lines. When i get a caveborn or low-generation egg to replace one of the same breed, i often release the old dragon and name the new one after the old. My other goal is to collect and freeze übercommon and/or inbred hatchlings from the AP. My goal is to have 100 "bricks" from the AP wall.

Sixth, i'm not much into lineages. One exception is my small collection of Thuweds. The first one i grabbed was the son of two of TJ's dragons. He's a pink dragon, and i had grabbed the egg for my frozen hatchling collection mentioned in (5). But when i saw his lineage, i proudly raised him to adult--my first new pink dragon. The other exception is my personal project with my holiday dragons. It took 5 months after Christmas before i finally raised this dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/A35A

That's about all. I just do what is fun for me and for my somewhat obsessive-compulsive nature.

I too catch all my dragons for myself No catches for me. Ever.Other than that, I am a fairly relaxed player, that collects whatever I happen to be interested in at the time.

I also have a thing for naming my dragons after movie/book/video game characters that I love. It's a new and predominant theme and goal for my scroll. I just LOVE grabbing character names from new movies especially in their unaltered from; exactly how they are in the movies.

I don't do anything particularly special. I gift a lot and in between new dragon releases I build my water army.

Edited by Leidarendi

I'm pretty relaxed about it, I take from both the AP and CB(though I prefer CBs) I have been gifted some dragons and I'm all for trading. I want a male and female of every dragon and a frozen hachling of each species.

I like catching CB's mostly, but I also catch some short lineaged eggs from the Abandoned Page. I also only breed my rares, just because I have so many dragons. If I mass bred, the Abandoned Page would be full! I also do trade some, but I mostly just gift nowadays.