RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

After I decided both of my first holiday dragons were going to become adults, I decided that one dragon isn't gonna be enough. laugh.gif

I've gone with at least two adults, which has now really built up into four adults, four frozen gendered hatchlings, and two frozen hatchlings. None of my holidays are frozen so far. I have stayed with having slightly more females than males after I got my first female Pink a long time ago. Speaking of Pinks, I have almost always influnced my eggs and I am usually successful with getting my dragons to gender correctly.

The way I name my dragons is normally related to them in general. Like with one of my Rock dragons, for example, I actually did get a chance to name him Rocky Boagart. xd.png Others were a bit less creative but it was what I came up with the first thing that comes in my mind.

I have a mix of CB's, dragons with short, simple lineages to dragons with long, messy lineages to inbreds. For my frozen hatchlings, it didn't matter whether they had a family or not.

I try for a CB pair of everything minimum, then I just hoard from there.

I rarely go Cave/AP hunting. If I do, it's usually for commons (since I cannot catch rares and uncommons xd.png) to feed my even gen projects. I like stripes a lot so I do a number of even gen projects with them biggrin.gif Waterhorses and Skywings are a little obsession of mine too x3 All dragons I raise nowadays are either even-gen, stair or have patterned lineages. -lineage addicted-

No unbreedables and freezing for me, well, except my GoN, vampires, paper, chicken and one Silver popsicle >>;; I do not have much interest in metallics or tinsels either. If I can get them, I will but I do not actively gun for them.

Naming is another aspect I enjoy. I regularly name-hunt whenever I can for dictionary words that I find pretty xd.png

I never, ever, ever freeze my hatchlings.

Ever. I consider it a cruel thing to do, that the hatchling will never have a chance to become an adult.

People talk of freezing and killing like they do it everyday, and even though I know it's just a game I think it's mighty heartless. sad.gif

I have always loved the idea of freezing. It is a way of doing something that many love to imagine doing in real life. Keep that cute puppy or kitten a cute puppy or kitten forever. Peter Pan dragons! I love the idea, yet I have only 1 frozen dragon, a Zombie, which came frozen, I didn't freeze it. I haven't yet frozen any, but my goals change constantly, so you never know.

Well, I'm now trying to get every gender of every breed with only a good-lined alt black and a ND missing. Then I'm trying to get every sprite with frozen hatchlings. And after that ... well, I might start to get more and a CB of every breed.

I just collect as many dragons as I can, with an emphasis on nebulas. I kinda dabble in lineages, but my even gen nebulas are the only ones I put a lot of effort into.

I never, ever, ever freeze my hatchlings.

Ever. I consider it a cruel thing to do, that the hatchling will never have a chance to become an adult.

People talk of freezing and killing like they do it everyday, and even though I know it's just a game I think it's mighty heartless. sad.gif

I see this exactly as you do. I would never freeze anything, every dragon has the right to grow up.

I just collect whatever I can get my hands on. Right now, my goal is the silver trophy.

I generally don't care much about lineages. It's fun to try and breed my semi-rares, but so far, I haven't been successful.

Since my internet connection seems to be really unstable (we got 50k recently and it's a lot worse than the 16k we had before, frequent disconnects and really long loading times), I can pretty much forget about seriously hunting for nice CB dragons. So the few I have were mostly just lucky picks.

Up to a couple of months ago, I was just a sprite collector.

So I collected 1 adult male, female, gendered hatchling(s), ungendered hatchling of every breed. I didn't care about lineage, CB, inbreeding etc.

Speaking of inbreeding, as a student of thoroughbred pedigrees, I know inbreeding on one or more superior ancestor(s) has always been one of the most popular breeding techniques, and a horse isn't even considered inbred if the duplicated ancestor is found in 5th+ generation. So really, I never understood all the fuss against inbreeding on DC and I still don't. Especially considering the fact DC dragons aren't real creatures and they don't risk inheriting faults-- as it can happen with real animals, if the duplicated ancestor has fault he/she passes on.

Anyway, I just wanted the sprites. I made an exception for gold, silver and Halloween dragons, which I liked to breed and had a small hoard.

However, a couple of months ago I realized that, excluding Hollies and Neglected, and a zombie ungendered hatchling, I had collected every sprite I could collect and until something else was realeased I had nothing to do.

So I began to focus on lineages. I decided to improve my dragons' "pedigrees" with the goal of having only CB's or 2nd gen purebred. I'm still working on it.

I'm also collecting tinsels, which are my favourite dragons.

Oh, I forgot to say that up to 2 months ago, I never traded. I was gifted dragons in the past, but mostly due to how risky were the trades before the Magi BSA, I never traded. Then two months ago, I started trading and I like it.

I've fun breeding and catching rares in the cave for trade purposes. I also hunt in the AP...I've found several nice dragons there, including a short-lineaged tinsel.

Edited by lincoln6echo

I try to get 4-6 dragons per species if I like the sprite and I don't collect anything I don't fancy. I'd love to get golds and silvers but I can't catch those.

I'm not sure but I think there isn't any topic like this.

All of us have goals, like reach 6th gen of an even-gen project, have an army of 200 Balloon dragons, have a pair of every species...

So I think It would be interesting to know them and, why not? we can help each other to reach them (If we have any and If we 'want' of course laugh.gif)

Do you want to try?

Well... here are mine! xd.png

Last Update: 01-02-2013

poptartFINALTINY.gif Have a pair (♀ & ♂) of CB dragons of each specie! here's my progress ---> 204/217

poptartFINALTINY.gif Have also the gendered and ungendered hatchlings of each specie -> The progress is in the same link as above. Progress ---> 170/295

poptartFINALTINY.gif Reach 5th gen of Bluna and Shallow Water even-gen projects (on hiatus)

poptartFINALTINY.gif Have 30 Papers. Progress --> 28

poptartFINALTINY.gif Get a 21 scroll locked of 1 specie

Edited by Acrata

My goals are:

• Have at least 1 (rares)/4 (un- & commons) Pair/s of Cb of each Dragon
  • Finish my lots of Lineage Projects
  • Get alot.png 2nd gen rare Offsprings from Holiday Dragons

Get a M/F Adult and M/F/U hatchling of every dragon available. CB/Lineage/Inbred/Etc doesn't matter. Then I'll start doing more specific things like special pairs and breeding projects. If I ever reach the first goal lol

My goals have expanded over the years, but I am close to completion. Until I change my mind and decide to get more of each again xd.png

6 CBs of each (3 pairs) pretty much compete. I'm not really worried about the dragons I'm less keen on.

I now need only one more Holly (obviously not CB) and NDs.

Work on some lineages. I've only really started on Black x Marrows.

One of each dragon and non-dragon except Zombies and Neglecteds. Missing Spring Seasonal, Sweetling, Rosebud, Valentine, aaaand Guardian of Nature.

My goals are 20 of each dragon (10 male, 10 female) unless they were only one - like old pinks, in which case just 10, and a hatchling. Aside from that, I'm working on a rather large, multi-arrow, Tinsel lineage project that I'd like to finish sometime this decade. lol

You know, that whole 20 thing seemed far more reasonable when I joined and there were waaaaaay less breeds. xd.png

My general scroll goal has been to make little families of every breedable sprite, like this:

Get at least one pair (male and female) of every breed.

Breed the pair together, to make 3 PB sibling hatcies, and freeze them all so I have one male, one female, and one ungendered hatchling for each breed. Doesn't matter whether there's dimorphism, and doesn't matter the rarity (so yes, I'll eventually be freezing 2nd gen PB metallics).

For those that produce Alts, like Black and Vine:

Get 2 CB pairs of those breeds. Make the little family of non-Alt hatchies from one pair.

Breed both pairs until they each produce an Alt, and raise those Alts to adulthood.

Then breed the two 2nd gen PB Alts together until they give me three Alt hatchies to freeze.

And then for unbreedables, get one adult, one gendered hatchie (two if they come in male and female), and one ungendered hatchie for each breed.

So far, my CB unbreedables and Zombie collections are complete. MY ND collection is only missing a frozen male hatchie and frozen ungendered hatchie.

I also have one pair of every CB breedable, and two pairs of every Alt-producing breed. Only a few of my family groups are complete, because I always get distracted by personal breeding projects and running ND experiments xd.png

But at least I have the basic adults I need to work with ^.^

Oh yeah, and my other scroll goal is to have a 2nd gen dragon from every Spriter's Alt in existence. So far I have all but three:

~ One is basically impossible to get because the dragon's owner no longer breeds her Alt

~ One has a horribly long request list and it will probably be a year before it opens

~ I'm on the last one's request list, so it's just a matter of patience now ^.^

All in all, I'm really happy with my scroll progress biggrin.gif

i want 1 of everything so i just grab what i dont have its that simple and i intend to name all of my dragons like my little ponys

My scroll goals haven't changed a whole lot from when I started...I'm still of the GET ALL THE THINGS mindset |D

My current scroll goals are to beef up my CB common collection. I'm lacking in quite a few breeds. Along with that goes at least one CB breeding pair of everything available as a CB.

Aaaand of course I will always hoard shinies. The army always needs new souls. >8D

And of course I do little lineage things; my current projects are moonstone/SW, greenwing/SW and black/holly lineages. And obviously shiny lineages. /bricked

My goal is to get as many of every thing that I can get. smile.gif I currently have small hoards of many of the species and will continue to try to go my armies.

I try to get one male and one female of each breed (except for single-gender breeds), and then I try to collect/breed more when I like the dragon sprite or when they have a BSA.

The first time I froze a hatchie was this Christmas - the balloonie reindeer baby was so cute I had to have it on my scroll. I'm debating with myself about whether to freeze more hatchies or not.

I don't have any neglecteds or zombies because I feel bad about "mistreating" them even though they're only pixels! (I know that's silly - especially since I have no problem with vampire bites.) I'm starting to lean toward wanting a neglected though, so I may try for one at some point.

I only have one dino; when I fulfill the rest of my scroll goals I will probably work on catching those.

I also like to collect cave-blocker breeds sometimes to help me build up my dragon numbers. Eventually I'll get that gold trophy!

I usually get 5 of each dragon: male adult, female adult, male hatchling, female hatchling, and ungendered hatchling. The only time I get more is when I really love the sprite or it has a good BSA.

My priorities:

1. Getting one adult of that dragon.

2. Both adult genders.

3. Frozen Hatchlings

For the first time in ages the biomes weren't blocked by the AP today O.o In 12 minutes I saw 3 CB thunders, 2 silvers, 1 paper, 1 cheese and 2 blacks. And there was only 6 people in the Desert. Still didn't get any of them though :/ //Off-topic

Edited by Ashywolf

I intend to collect at least two CB of every possible CB dragon in existence, and at least a sprite of everything else. Which means my hunt for the Golden Wyverns is rather frustrating :) I also like breeding projects, and I love to drop beautifully-bred dragons into the AP with little to no warning.