RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

I tend to try and get a mated pair of caveborns for most dragons. Once I've gotten that, I like to consider myself a sprite collector. I try and get one of each of the sprites of each dragon. I also like breeding off interesting lineages for either the AP or here on the forum. Me and two other friends tend to breed and/or catch dragons we're missing for each other.

I'm trying my hand at a few lineage projects at the moment, as well as experimenting a little with breed only's and vampires/zombie/neglected, but that goes slowly as I really hate seeing dead eggs/hatchies on my scroll.

I also really enjoy making up names for my dragons, and finding neat codes.

I also really like watching the creation process for new dragons here on the forum, and I can't wait to add their sprite to my scroll.

I don't have a lot of goals. I like to collect eggs that would otherwise be abandoned, like ones with long, messy lineages, or inbred dragons. I'd like to collect at least one of each dragon that I can, because I like completing sets. Blame OCD!

I'd like to get some more Reds for sure. And just more in general.

I think one of my big goals though is to help other players get dragons they'd like and fill requests and such. I like helping people.

I'd like to eventually have two CB pairs of every dragon and frozen hatchlings; female, male, and ungendered.

I am working towards my goal of 1000 Mints!

And the other thing I do in my spare time is grab inbreds and messy lineaged dragons then freeze or bite them.

I like collecting the dragons and as I admire their beautiful designs I think of a good name and then comes their story. Yes, hunting the rares is fun and whenever ever I hunt in the AP and see a rare egg I get an adrenaline rush, but I love describing them just as much.

As I look at the dragon I let the story come to me. Sometimes it's easy, other times one dragon's story ties into another. Eventually I have enough good descriptions to start a good story and thus I form a plot combining some dragon's stories and forcing other to clash.

Already I have two dragons that are destined to clash in battle. scratch that, I have two others as well. going by my dragons alone, I have the makings of three good stories.

I definitely look forward to working on those in the future and hopefully posting them here.

I am correct to say there is a section to post stories here yes?

My goal atm is to get one of each breed. I am currently only missing 11 types and after a few days that will be down to 7. After that I will focus on getting all adult sprites on my scroll. Don't care about hatchies.

I just plan to get at least one of every dragon, unless it has different forms (that isnt a difference between male and female)

Well, I JUST GOT MY GOLD TROPHY ON HALLOWEEN <3

So I need to find a new scroll goal. I think I'll strive for 1 CB Male and Female adult next for all the breeds that are possible for me to obtain.

It wasn't until this year that I decided to have a general goal: collect 20 (10 male and 10 female) CBs of every breed. Save for Holidays, of course.

It's a pretty challenging goal, but I'm steadily chipping away at it! Gives me something to work for in those slow days between new releases. :'D

Goal I started was pretty simple: One female and male dragon of each breed, followed by 4 frozen hatchlings (preferably 2 males & 2 females). No special rules about caveborns, codes etc., and no dinos since I don't find them attractive (ended up trading one caught-with-some-good-luck dino to another rare dragon), and I don't like negleted either. Oh, and I am absolute scared of zombies. laugh.gif

Nowadays I have somewhat changed rules with several breeds, like some holiday dragons (can't get more than two) and dragons with alternatives. And I wonder what I should do with my purples, since I got almost all of them while they were all-female breed, and somewhat abhorrent at thought of releasing them now to get space for male ones.

Recently started the goal of having a CB pair of each dragon type available in the cave. Certainly makes the game more interesting. Makes me realize how few dragons I've raised over the years.

I posted here before, but the one my previous post is out of date...

My primary and original goal was to have CB pairs of every permanent dragon. And I'm almost finished. I'm missing a Nebula (how?) and three Coppers.

Next is one I've already started. 2nd gen frozen hatchlings bred by me. Male, female, and ungendered. The NDs, holiday dragons, and Zombies are included, but NDs and Zombies are all CB, and holidays are 2nd gens bred from others.

And that's it. I'll probably make more goals after those two are done.

getting my gold trophy first (i'm close and hate being egglocked, no hatchies in the ap either lol)

after that probably try and get some cb metalics as i only have just recently caught y first cb silver

I am one of the very elite few that has the goal of making my scroll look like TJ's -- basically, I want to have an adult and a frozen hatchling of every kind of dragon that exists (or two adults and two hatchlings, if the species has dimorphism.) No more than one of the same sprite. The only exceptions are the ten or so pink dragons and a few Magi's, for the BSAs, and a couple of extras that I have for breeding purposes. Once I accomplish that, then I'm going to start switching some out for CBs or desirable lineages.

If that wasn't my goal, I'd have had a gold trophy long, long ago. xd.png I've been collecting dragons since 2008.

Edited by digipup

I started in 2008 with the goal in mind of getting two adults and one frozen hatchling per gender per dragon. I got pretty close, but I quit about the time the seasonal dragons were released... and now I'm way behind. I guess I've got a pretty decent base with my original "four-character coders." If you look through my scroll at the codes, you can easily tell which dragons were originally there, and which ones I've acquired in the past month. I'm continuing this goal, but it's going to be a while before I get there... especially since I missed Frills entirely. sad.gif It helps that I'm not too big on lineages... I couldn't care less how messy a dragon's lineage is as long as it's one I still have a slot for.

Edit:

I think my philosophy has somewhat changed over the past few weeks. I really enjoy breeding and creating new dragons for others, but I've found that most of my dragons don't have lineages that other users deem desirable. I'm finding myself torn between continuing to work toward my goal and switching to cleaning up my lineages. I don't care for myself, but I want to be able to breed dragons other users would want.

Edited by Millie_Azure

I collect two of each CB and breed two of each breedable only. I'd like to start my own personal lineage but I have no idea what I would do as of yet, although I did successfully participate in and finish the Kings and Queens Lineage. Right now I'm trying to catch up and get dragons I missed, all of them from the 7th Anniversary (boy those coppers are gonna be tough to grab), and I'm starting up my own Sunsong/Daydream army. I'm trying to do a little bit of everything.

I have been on DC since 2010, so the Frills and the Bright Pinks are the ones I never got a chance to get.

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

I have been on DC since 2010, so the Frills and the Bright Pinks are the ones I never got a chance to get.

What's really frustrating is when you're trying to get an adult and a frozen hatchling of everything, and that happens. It never crossed my mind that the old pinks would be retired (or that any dragon would be retired, actually), so I put off getting a hatchling while I aspired to rarer dragons. To this day I only have an adult, but no frozen hatchling. One of my only regrets. xd.png

Edited by digipup

My basic goal is to have AT LEAST one female adult, one male adult, one frozen female, and one frozen male of each breed. And, if it's really pretty, or I need space, then a frozen ungendered. And of course I always have the ever-building army of BSA's.

Although my goal for now, is to catch up on all the releases I've missed :'(

I have my little story in my little world, unfortunately, I am very lazy about writing descriptions so it all lives in my head. That's ok. Its me playing, not my bunnies. They are too busy getting fat and sleeping. Good thing too because I think my dragons would kowtow should they ever meet my bunnies face to face.

Edited by natayah

I like to have one of each type of dragon. If there is dimorphism I'll get a male and female and if I think the hatchling is exceptionally cute I might freeze one. I go for CB whenever I can. If I have extras then they were likely gifts or BSAs. And then there is my mint army. I started it due to a joke I heard on the forums a while ago. biggrin.gif

As for goals: I like to have everything named, though I can be slow at that. Mint Army, 'nuf said. I would like to get a CB of each of the golds and silvers but I don't really pursue that stringently so if I ever do make it it will be most likely to pure luck.

I like gifting, but I rarely have anything that would be a treat to anyone. I think that is my only regret.

I joined aaaaages ago, but for whatever reason i havent been on in like a year and a half or something....so basically i've been trying like mad to get all the releases that i missed :S fortunately i only missed a couple of holidays, and i've been surprisingly successful at catching CB eggs - today i even managed to snatch a blusang, and i got three of the dull purple eggs right after they came out. Basically i'm going to start trying to get at least one male and female of each breed, and if i think they're pretty i collect more. Because i was never overly fond of the bright pink or frilled sprites, it doesn't make me very sad that i missed them haha:)

The only other thing i'm trying for is to have all my dragons named, which can be difficult but to me that's the most fun part.

Edited by Nyka

I guess I don't have the most organized style of playing lol.

I started back in April or May or sometime around then...and I started by just trying to catch dragons, and shortly after I started there was that big 7-day release so I got to do that. I guess ever since I started I've been trying to catch rares when I can...I started with a theme of naming my dragons after stars, but then I got bored of that and started new name themes. At some point I got really excited about pairing bleeding moons with brightbreasted wyverns, and have been working on a personal lineage project with that for several months. At some point I started checking out the forums, and trying to get into some group lineage projects, and the "great lineages found in the AP" thread inspired me to get eggs from the AP more, to find rarer dragons, or nice lineages by other people, or even just CBs with a shorter time to hatch. I also like breeding eggs to drop in the AP, from nice lineages, or just rarer breeds so hopefully I can help someone else out or give someone a nice surprise.

So I guess now I have a few personal and group projects I'm working on, and I pick up eggs I need for those, while also just picking up other eggs I like or are rare, and checking the AP for anything nice lol.