RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

What's really frustrating is when you're trying to get an adult and a frozen hatchling of everything, and that happens. It never crossed my mind that the old pinks would be retired (or that any dragon would be retired, actually), so I put off getting a hatchling while I aspired to rarer dragons. To this day I only have an adult, but no frozen hatchling. One of my only regrets. xd.png

Yeah, have to say that it was pity those two races were discontinued, even if I myself did manage to get my quota of 2 adults & 4 hatchlings. Thanks to that, renewing my goals has become difficult, since I can't no longer a.) get 2 male & 2 female hatchlings for frilleds (or even mature the last hatchling) b.) increase my number of adults to 4 to lessen the need of releasing unnecessary dragons to wild. Plus I happened to like look of the dragons in question. sad.gif

Though I do remember time when AP was simply full of frilleds and chance of getting any other dragon there was miniscul. unsure.gif

Edited by Arachlia

I have been around the Cave for years though you wouldn't know it. I keep rather to myself most the time. I don't post often and I don't much read the forums. The Cave is an "addiction" of mine for which my friends in Ulitima Online give me a hard time about, especially when I get all excited about grabbing a "rare" from the AP. They fail to understand my addiction. Mostly I'm just an ole Grandma who enjoys collecting Dragons both in RL and in games.

My ultimate goal has always been to have 2 pairs of each adult dragon and at least one if not 2 hatchies of each breed especially if the male/females are different in looks. I'd eventually like to get one of each hatchie before it grows wings but that's low in my totem pole so to speak.

And try as I might to keep up with names it has gone very slow but most every Dragon on my scroll that is named has a Drow name. They are named using the Dark Elven language often in some descriptive manner of what they are or what they look like. And many of the CB's are given the Titles of Queen or King and offspring or youngs given Princess or Prince titles. Babies or hatchies given Baby or child titles. As that's what my UO Character is and hence my DC name Malag-aste is Dark Elven as well.

I have rarely traded dragons mostly because in the many years I've been in the cave I've never had anything really worth trading. Not that I don't ever want to because I'd love to get a Holly, the Bronze Tinsel and the Gold and Silver Tinsels but no such luck yet with the AP. Slow internet and slower PC often has kept me from getting rares unless everyone else is asleep at the wheel so to speak.

As for lineages and such haven't really paid much attention to that in the past, never really understood it though I am beginning too, as I chat with other collectors in PM... Which I try to check more often, however I'm often very busy.

user posted image

Edited by MalagAste

I want to get a female and male adult, female and male frozen hatchling (even if there is no dimorphism) and one ungendered hatchling of every breed. But, I wasn't here when the old pinks were, or the frills, so... I guess I'll have to settle for every breed other than those.

My main goal is to get at least twenty of all types of dragons (that are not retired, of course). I think that's an attainble goal (and will help boost my numbers so I can get the next trophy).

I also want to hoard some Royal Blues, but eh.

I have a pretty relaxed way of playing in general- unless I'm wrapped up in the craziness of a holiday release. I grab what I can, and if I can't grab something I want I just have someone trade it to me. Usually I try to breed myself the more uncommon dragon types, but I'll try my best to catch it in the cave first.

I also have quite a few breeding projects I'm trying out, so there's that too.

I have kind of a Noah's Ark thing going, where I try to get two dragons of each breed: one male and one female. Even if they both have the same sprite. smile.gif But I've recently gotten into freezing hatchlings, because for goodness sake, some of them just look so adorable.

And if I really like the dragon breed, then I'll raise more than two. I have a whole army of Nebulae and Moonstones, for instance, among others.

I always name all of my dragons, but I'd like to give descriptions to some of them as well, if ever I have the time.

I don't have anything too specific yet. I just try to get many different dragons and see what I can do with them.

I don't have anything too specific yet. I just try to get many different dragons and see what I can do with them.

Basically what I'm doing.

My method of playing can be summed up as "pile on the scroll goals - wouldn't want to ever run out and get bored!"

A few things that I choose not to do: I don't freeze hatchlings, I don't describe dragons, and I don't collect tinsels (beyond the 4 tinsels I have).

Everything else is fair game. Some of my scroll goals include:

• Have every adult sprite (alas, frills, alt sweetlings, and the other two wing types for snow angels are unobtainable)
  • Finish my naming backlog, so that all except a few special code dragons are named
  • Hit Gold Breeder status on Breeding, Gifting
  • Then Platinum Breeder status
  • Then Diamond breeder status smile.gif
  • BSAs: at least 40 magis, 40 purples, 105 reds, and 50 of each gender pinks
  • 20 caveborns of each type of dragon available caveborn
  • 4 purebred 2nd gens of each dragon available caveborn
  • Mint army: collect at least 500 mints (any lineage)
  • Shining scales: collect 80 lumina x gold wyvern 2nd gens
  • Build an even gen rainbow lineage entirely from my own scroll (planned, but only one second gen bred so far)
  • Every existing shimmer line
  • Every possible purebred seasonal line (stair and even gen; season rotation, backwards rotation, and alternating two-season; etc.)
  • To be able to breed a 3rd gen minimum of every possible checker and alternating checker (and much higher - up to 6th gen currently - of a few of my favorite checkers, such as white/daydream)
  • To build purebred lines for each dragon type, one with each type of metallic and limited release base (old pink, frill, gold, silver, verdigris copper, rainbow copper, liver of sulfur copper, Val 09, sweetling, rosebud, heartseeker, arsani, holly, yulebuck, snow angel (white wings), snow angel (gold wings), snow angel (tri-colored wings), ribbon dancer, winter magi, wrapping-wing, black marrow, shadow walker, cavern lurker, grave; pumpkin base for pygmy purebred lineages) - this is an example of a frill base purebred
  • Beyond that, to just collect dragons! I love gifting, and most of what I want to do with my scroll involves being able to breed specific lineages that other people need for them.

I collect my favourite breeds mainly, just because they look pretty on my scroll, other than that my aim is to have one male and one female from each breed and one each of the non dragons. I'm hoping to collect a Magma army (my all time favourite breed) plus as many blacks and greens (of any breed - just the colour) as I can as I think the colours would work well together and look cool on the scroll.

Does anybody else like collecting a specific colour of any breed?

I'm not that active anymore. I usually become active during events or when new breeds come out xd.png I don't really have scroll objectives since I'm way behind and if I had I'd just feel really stressed and depressed over not getting what I want x.x So I rather play casually, from time to time, gifting shimmers tinsels and other metallics and clearing my IOU list. I do like vines and I try to hoard them when I can

I joined in 2011, late autumn. Don't know when it started, but vampires eventually caught my eyes. I remember i went inactive during whole 2012/ 3/4 of 2013 and finally returned back on Halloween. Deciding, that i shall continue hoarding Vampires, i released all dragons of other breeds, leaving Marrows and Magis.

So now my goal is to get at least 1000 CB Vampires.

+ Some more Halloweens would be nice too.

I have been playing on and off since 2006 I think. I had a scroll back then that I deleted to get a new start and username.

This one I have had since 09, and I have played very actively in periods. I am trying to get all dragons and hatchlings I can still get on my scroll ^^ When I get a new one I cross it off my list, so my goal is to get a scroll that is as complete as it can be as of now.

I only have 3 goals;

1) Collect a CB pair of every obtainable sort of dragon, or in cases where CB's are unobtainable, just get a male and female or ungendered of each (Almost there- currently only need the male and ungendered neglecteds and a male gold.)

2) Get frozen hatchlings of each sprite. Possible now that holiday limits are lifted <3~ No idea where I am on this one, but I have a long way to go.

3) Get ALL the CB whites.

1. Catch 5 dragons of every breed. One adult male, adult female, hatchling male, hatchling female, ungendered hatchling. In special cases such as Holidays I want 1 adult and 1 hatchling. For GoN, I want one male adult and an adult female smile.gif

2. Every dragon has to be CB but special cases such as 2G PB Alt Black or 2G Bluna is fine happy.gif

My Shimmer/Tinsels have to be 3G maximum, same as Hollies (although this will not be reached in supposedly, years I guess! xd.png

1. For sprites that I can get CB, get an adult male, adult female, hatchling male, hatchling female, and ungendered hatchling for all dragons. For holidays, just get the sprites. For hybrids, 2nd gen.

Good on commons, now into the uncommon rare dragons and anticipating this goal to slow down and go away as I don't catch things.

2. Breeding: I have a few different seasonal lineages that I'm enjoying as well as a moonstone/royal blue spiral. I'm getting more interested in those as my catching skills are not so good.

3. Raising AP armies!: Grabbing low timed eggs from the AP and hatching them for points in contests or just for fun.

Only just started playing again after not playing since April 2010 (insert dramatic, life altering story here). My goal before, judging by my scroll, was at least 1 each of adult & hatchling male & female. Didn't and don't care about if they're caveborn or not, but tried to avoid inbred. I do have a couple with minor inbred ones, and 1 that an inbred checker says has 30 dragons showing up twice, but it's a Dorkface.

So, I guess I'll continue with what I was doing before. Except now I'm WAY behind. So many new dragons and I have no clue what even half of them are yet. And I wasn't even anywhere near caught up to the dragons available when I played last time! laugh.gif

My scroll goals are complicated. unsure.gif

The first goal is now to have a 4th gen purebred frozen hatchling bred entirely from my scroll, whose parents all have to come from my scroll. This usually ends up being 4 CB adults and three bred adults of that breed. (Most uncommons and rares are excluded because I cannot for the life of me catch them.)

Then, because hybrids are starting to appear, I must have 2 CB unpaired dragons of all breeds, opposite genders, that are never to be paired off except in a hybrid emergency. xd.png (All of my dragons end up paired to one other dragon and one only, which is why this came about.)

To finish, a frozen hatchling partitions the two opposite gender CBs from the other dragons around them so they can be found easily.

After that, I have no real goals. I just make lineages for the fun of it and collect whatever I'm interested in. Although I do have a goal of 100 Bleeding Moon dragons, since they're my favorite common dragon, and my goal is to eventually describe each and every one of them.

I've been playing since '08, and since then I've had on and off hiatuses. After about 2 years of not playing, I came back just after the Halloween event this year (which I kicked myself for, the event dragons were cool looking sad.gif)

Basically my scroll goal right now is to catch up with everyone else, fill myself in about the newer breeds and such, and grab the ones I missed out on. Luckily I have a few discontinued ones like a Bright Pink and a Frill. Eventually I want to become a good breeder and make my lineages known.

Eventually I'll need some CB metallics in order to do so, however. My metallics are from way back and some have messy, inbred lineages. (not that I'm not grateful since they were my firsts, but I won't be using them for gifting anytime soon)

Goal 1: To have 12 adults (6 male/ 6 female), 4 gendered hatchlings (2 male/ 2 female) and 2 ungendered hatchlings for every possable dragon. I have 50 breeds done.

Goal 2: For those without gender (Paper, Dinos, etc) and those with one gender (Xmas) to have 12 adults and 6 hatchlings. None finished yet.

Goal 3: To have 2 GoN (1 of each gender) Goal nearly reached, have my second hatchling now. *happy squeal!*

Goal 4: To have at least one CB of every possable breed. Still missing Copper red and brown, Blue 2 headed lindwurm and Silver. Just recently snagged a CB Black and Gold. I'm missing some of the CB holidays but there's nothing to be done about that.

Goal 5: To have an Armada of Black Dragons, both reg and alt. A black dragon was my first hatchling and I fell in love with her. Half of my blacks are her babies but the rest I snagged from the AP.

Goal 6: To help out those I can. I've given away Vampires, Nebulas and Seasonal eggs to others and hope that next season I can gift a Holly to someone who doesn't have one, just like I was gifted one this year.

And finally Goal 7: Name all my dragons. I have lots of fun with this one. I like to pick a theme and run with it.

Examples:

My Bleeding Moons = all include Bloody Good, like Bloody Good Game.

My Moonstones = all include Moon, like I See The Moon and it's mate, The Moon Sees Me.

My Cheeses = I pick a type of cheese and find a word that shares the same first letter, like Gorgeous Gorgonzola.

My Duotones = I love the Transformers, so I gave each one the names of two of them, like Jazz and Prowl, Elita and Chromia, etc.

And finally, my Olives = I switch out the words I Love or I Live with Olive, like Olive You So Much.

I've been playing for just over 4 years now and want to get at least 1 pair of all of the CB dragons. Though I do have a lot of some of the common breeds of CB's.

I took several months off last year and when I got back, I am having to rename most of my dragons. I had a lot of the names written down, so trying to get them all named now.

I make sure I get all of the holiday dragons I'm allowed and this year someone was kind enough to give me a 6th generation Holly. I've been wishing for one ever since I started playing.

I went thru the Wiki the other day and saw I am missing a lot of the newer releases. I never can find out when the monthly releases are.

I was able to breed at least one of the ones that can only be gotten by cross breeding.

I have a few frills that have been discontinued. But don't have any of the old pinks.

I have a couple of the chickens and some of the dino's.

I only keep the low generation eggs I get from the AP, but no longer keep inbred eggs.

When I first started playing, I grabbed anything I could and wound up with several dragons that have been inbred over 100 times. I also inbred a lot of my dragons when I first started playing.

Edited by GreenDragonMama

My scroll goal was 3 CB pairs of every dragon. Since I've pretty much fulfilled that (other than golds and some coppers) my new goal is 10 CB pairs of each. After I finish that, I'm not sure what. tongue.gif

My scroll goals have changed some since way back when I first posted in this thread. While back then I only wanted to collect adult sprites for each dragon, now I'm just as interested in freezing some hatchling sprites when I pick up a baby that has a messy or inbred lineage. I also have the desire to get at least 5 cave born males and females of each breed. Of course, there are plenty of exceptions, but I want as many as possible.

However, I still have yet to finish my original scroll goal of all the sprites I wanted. That darned Red Dino has alluded me all this time!

I tend to have an equal number of male and female adults for all breeds with two genders, and two babies of both genders that I'll freeze. The number of adults depends mostly on how much I like a certain breed or how lazy I am to collect those or not. tongue.gif

Since I always use up all of my pinks to influence my eggs properly, I often ask my sister and/or friend to take my eggs and do the influence for me, and then I use all of my magis, and lately it became a problem. xd.png

As for holiday sprites, I have one adult of each and one frozen gendered hatchling of each. smile.gif