RainDear

How do YOU play? Scroll Goals

I don't have a computer or disposable time anymore so I've really had to scale back my goals. I now only have one goal . . . to collect CB males of every breed available so that I can breed Abby to every single breed possible.

Well, first I wanted two of each kind, male and female. With the exception of the new Prize dragons and upcoming V-days, I now have this. So, then I wanted one each of ND options. I got that. Then I decided to go for low gen tinsels, and nice breedable lineages. Still working on that.

I did add several more of the golds, silvers, and BOS's, just so I can breed for others properly.

My scroll goal was 3 breeding pairs of every breed. So 3 CB males and 3 CB females of every breed, where possible. tongue.gif Other than golds, silvers and neglecteds, all I need are springs, which I can't even get at the moment. So my whole goal thing has sort of reached a plateau for the moment.

I'm unsure what to do from here. tongue.gif I've been tempted to up the goal to 10 breeding pairs of each breed. Because 10 is a nice number. I don't want to go for 5 or 6 or something. And it'll take a while to complete, which makes it quite tempting because it'll keep me busy and interested and stuff.

But if I commit to that, I'm going to have to see it the whole way through. And I know that I'll start it then start hating myself for being too ambitious. tongue.gif So I'm shying away from committing to it at the moment, even though it's very, very tempting.

Reading other peoples' scroll goals is giving me ideas though, which is nice. happy.gif I hope everyone is going well with theirs! But not too close to finishing, because then you're left with a big empty feeling. wink.gif

Edit: Just remembered... I also have a goal of getting a frozen s1 and two frozen s2 hatchies of all breeds, but that's not quite as interesting so it kinda sits on the back burner. Maybe I should work on it before creating new goals... tongue.gif

Edited by StormWizard212

My playing style is very simple as I don't really care about lineages. I just try to get two adults (m & f) of every breed and s1 and s2 hatchlings (if they are dimorphic then both of them). The difficulty is I want to catch at least one dragon of the breed all by myself. Of course I woudn't/don't complain if somebody gifted me the harder to get breeds tongue.gif Still I don't want to give up to hunt them either in the cave or the AP.

Whenever I've reached the stage when I can't get the dragons I need, whether it's because they don't breed or I can't catch them, I try to help clearing the AP or getting the biomes moved by picking eggs and abandoning them as hatchlings^^

My goals have shifted over time, but right now my aim is for at least one CB male/female pair of each species I like, along with a frozen hatchling of each stage (of both genders, if the hatchlings have dimorphism).

For dragons that don't drop in the cave (e.g Tinsels and Shimmerscales), I'm happy with male/female pair of each color that has a clean, shortish lineage (and doesn't have primarlily dragons on my 'forbidden on my scroll' list as their mates).

I hunt both the Cave and the AP, though generally only for what I need for myself, not to solely trade for others.

Edited by Slaskia

My goals change the longer I play. It was one CB pair of everything, then two pairs etc. Now it is 8 pairs, of which i need one more common and some metals. Then I will definitely stop with CBs. (except for new releases) Famous last words. BSA dragons, I have at least 12 CB pairs of each. In between I breed for myself and others. So now I will plan even more lineage projects.

Edited by ainisarie

My original scroll goal was a CB breeding pair of every breed. I am still at least six dragons away from this, with a CB Gold female, Silver and Magma males, both Blusangs and a cooperative Ice. I do have three CB Ice Dragons, but they have all refused more than one potential mate. dry.gif

I am gradually getting 2nd gen breeding pairs of each stripe variety, and have finally made some good progress here in the last couple of weeks.

I have a few descriptions written, but need to write about 1900 more! rolleyes.gif

I do have a large map of Verdant drawn out, showing the mountains, rivers and various weyrs in the Verdant region.

After I get the CB pairs, I do want to have at least 4 pairs of each breed for some even-gen ideas. I have already surpassed this goal with a number of breeds, (Mints, Nocturnes, Spitfires, Embers, Turps,... etc.) and don't know that it will be that difficult, apart from my current 2 CB headaches. blink.gif

I'm usually a very relaxed player. I like to get one or two of each kind of dragon, but after that I don't fuss about it much. I'm not competitive and I don't care about lineages. However, if it takes me too long to catch a certain breed of dragon, after trying and trying, I can get a bit stressed out. That's when I take a break. smile.gif

I used to not really have a goal, just picking up dragons if I liked them or to have something to raise. That resulted in a large, but really messy scroll.

And lately (early last week) I've decided to release all of my dracs and start over trying to get one CB pair of every breed, CB frozen hatchie pair of every breed, and then breed all the breedables in 2nd gen from my own.

I'm thinking that in the downtime when I get tired of stalking the cave for a long time I'll pick up caveblocker eggs and throw them back as hatchies. I think with past holidays and prize dragons I'll settle for whatever lineage I can get.

Looong way to go till scroll completion, though.

Edited by ryon_brink

At first it was like this:

My goal is to collect every single sprite. Usually a set of dragons (commons, uncommons, breedable rares, Halloween specials) looks like this:

- at least one pair of adults (two of opposite gender, four, six etc)

- two gendered hatchies

- one ungendered hatchie

There are exceptions of this rule:

Nebula: one adult of each color + one gendered hatchie of each color + one ungendered hatchie

Unbreedable rares (Dino, Paper, Cheese, Chicken): a pair of adults + 1 gendered hatchie + 1 ungendered hatchie

GoN and holiday specials limited to 2 dragons per scroll: 2 adults

Reds: currently 20 dragons are on my scroll, unbalanced if we talk about gender ratio (14 females and 6 males); I'll probably try to turn some Red females into zombies.

Neglected: I'm not sure yet how many of them I want, probably I will need 6 adults and 4 hatchies.

Very special dragons (they sit in the front of my scroll) dedicated to my friends: no need to explain it, right?

After I reach my collect_all_sprites goal, I'll go for everything what's blue in color or similar: Water, Tsunami Wyverns, Ultraviolets, Royal Blues, Blunas and so on.

Now, except "get all the sprites" goal, I collect nice lineages + make my own, codes, "hoard" whatever is blue... Collecting things in a more loose way than it used to be.

I like to collect all kinds of dragons/non-dragons. Currently I'm collecting as many CBs as I can, at least one couple of each breed. Once I get CBs of all breeds (or low-gens for very rare dragons), I'll start new lineages and keep collecting.

I'll also breed and gift dragons (I currently do, but not very often). Actually I haven't been active in the last two months, but now I'll be able to access more. smile.gif

I've decided, rather recently, to create a goal to collect at least one CB breeding pair of each dragon breed. Preferably two pairs, in fact.

I've already made a spreadsheet with what I have/need, and sadly I have a long way to go. I'm more of a lineage hunter than caveborn...

I really need to start keeping more of the CBs that I find in the AP. laugh.gif

I just basically collect what I happen to want at the time...I'm also a collector of names >3>

I mostly plan lineages, breed, hunt the AP and trade. Sometimes I like reading and writing dragon descriptions. I also collect certain sprites like Fog or Black and recently I've started to collect funny codes or Z-codes but the greatest part is the breeding for me.

Edited by dustpuppy

My playing style consists of hoarding Luminas now and then collecting CBs of other stuff.

The only other thing im trying to get is decent lineage golds, silvers, and tinsels.

My goal is to have at least one CB male and female of each breed, then I'll consider my scroll perfect. Of course, if its a holiday breed that I wasn't around for then I bypass that rule.

Once upon a time my goal was one of each sprite - then the great dimorphism wave hit me and I changed it to one male one female per breed regardless of sprite (who knows when more dimorphism might hit the older breeds), then it upgraded to at least one CB pair each (when possible) or 2nd gen for hybrids/alts ...

I'm quite behind on my collection of frozen hatchies (dang the freezing limit) but I'm only missing very few CBs and only one 2nd gen alt.

I'm still thinking about cleaning my scroll of some of the dead wood, but since they're all named I probably never will and it's not that many... but a scroll just with CBs and pretty EGs would be quite awesome *sigh*

In the meantime I have describing and breeding projects to keep me busy and If I ever SHOULD finish with those and keeping up with releases isn't enough I might upgrade to two or four CB breeding pairs in the future.

But first I've got my PB EG9 Magi in the making, my 99 Luftballoons project, my EGPB Two-headed projects, my jungle-checkers, my EGPB BBWs...

I don't RP, but I have a story going with my scroll, and want to create large families from the dragons whose sprites are my favorites. And also have a CB (when possible) M/F pair of all dragons, for the sake of having them.

On the side, I also like to get interesting or funny codes.

Edited by Cielmuir

My goals are pretty difficult to reach, even when it comes to commons. Sometimes I wish I had come up with that system earlier or something xd.png

Basically it's the following:

• Cave breeds and Vampires: 6 CB m/f pairs + m/f/ungendered hatchling set
  • Hybrid breeds: 6 2nd gen m/f pairs + m/f/ungendered hatchling set
  • Alts: 6 2nd gen PB m/f pairs + m/f/ungendered hatchling set
  • Tinsels and Shimmers: 2nd gen m/f pair + some low(ish)-gen m/f pairs + m/f/ungendered hatchling set
  • Dinos, Chicken: 2 adults + gendered hatchling + ungendered hatchling
  • Limited holidays: CB (2nd gen if missed) adult + gendered hatchling - except Holly, have 2 adults
  • Halloweens: some CB pairs + m/f/ungendered hatchling set
  • Neglecteds: 4 m/f/unknown sets + m/f/unknown/ungendered hatchling set
  • Zombies: at least 1 m/f/unknown set + at least one m/f/unknown/ungendered hatchling set
Apart from that: as many Papers as possible, as many 2nd gen PB Marrows as possible, as many CB Golds/Silvers as possible.

Complicated, buuut yeah biggrin.gif

I try for at least one of every achievable sprite in the game (dragons, non-dragons, and especially my lovely leetle tree), and try and continue lineages if I'm able to. I also won't freeze any of my dragons unless I have two of them (one for ungendered Unbreedables), and getting the same generation for the sets of Metallics that I have. (6th for Tinsel, 7th for Classical Silver and Gold, haven't any Shimmers yet. *sad face*) Also, I have NO HOLIDAYS whatsoever. So I'm going to try and get some of those. Apart from that, getting an alt would be awesome.

Not too complicated, I think...

I don't really have scroll goals other than my Beowulf project. I tend to focus on collecting dragons that I really like and generally neglect the other breeds, until I remember them.

My scroll-goals evolved somewhat, too.

I started out with 2 CB pairs of all Cave-breeds (breeds permanently available in the cave), which quickly rose to 8 pairs for my favorites. I'll likely go for 8 CB pairs of any breed soon...

My only "trouble" is that Golds are my 2nd-favorite Cave-breed, so I have an expensive goal there.

The numbers of pairs I seek is tied to lineage-requirements: 8 pairs makes a 4th gen PB or a 5th gen checker. So after the 8-pair-goal I'd have to double the number again to 16 CB pairs, which is a bit daunting, so I likely won't go there for the time being.

For Hybrids and colored Stripes I want at least two 2nd gen pairs, though they are way less important to me.

There's no special goal for Prize-dragons (apart from having some of each color) and I freeze only if I really like the hatchling-sprite.

Meanwhile I also collect nice codes and pretty lineages. I love rainbow-lines and checkers (especially 3 or 4 breed-checkers).

Additionally I love breeding for and gifting to others and helping with lineage projects.

To me, it seems as though everyone else treats this as Pokemon - they "gotta catch them all". I don't see it that way - I just get the dragons I like. I'm not trying to get every adult/hatchling, nor am I looking for a 5th gen balloon Dorkface with an alt black parent. I also treat my dragons as if they were real - which means no experimenting, biting, or killing. I will never have a Neglected, Zombie, or Vampire, and I'm proud of that.

My goal is to eventually get a CB pair of all the dragons I can catch in the cave. I'm working on rarer ones first just because it's fun and fairly easy for me, since I'm a fast catcher. I might not even get around to the common dragons because I can never seem to keep my scroll unlocked when I see rares or other dragons with pretty sprites around.

After that, frozen hatchlings. Likely "unwanted" ones with messy lineages or are inbred.

Mine have shifted from getting just one of every sprite (other than frozen hatchlings from holidays) to getting at least one CB male and female of each breed. I have this stupid OCD need to have an equal number of CB males and females, which I am failing miserably at keeping up with. Eventually, I plan to have the adults and a frozen s1 and s2 hatchie of every breed but holidays and dinos (the latter of whom I'm only collecting frozen s2 hatchies of each color at present).

Other than general breed collections, I intend to build an army of at least 500 seawyrm pygmies. I have a billion other little projects perpetually in the works, but that one is my big focus at the moment.

At some point, I also intend to give every dragon a description, buuuuut at 1300-odd dragons and under 100 descriptions, I'm a bit behind on that particular goal... xd.png

Edited by LibbyLishly