Darth Krande

You're helplessly addicted to Dragon Cave if....

...when you don't go to bed because you're waiting to hear back from a spriter regarding a trade for a 2G egg from spriter's alts

-when you know all egg descriptions on the site and most of hatchlings'/dragons' descriptions.

-when you have more cb rares on your scroll than commons

When you're playing a fossil collecting video game and keep referring to the different digging areas as 'biomes' when they're really called 'dig sites'. :3

When you see 'magi' as in a magic human, and you think of Magi dragons

When you are sitting in your girl scout meeting typing on the forums

When you see Colossal Titan in AoT and think of countless references for your Plated Colossus dragons

You baby sit a 7 year old for 3 hours and by the end of it they know all about dragon cave because you kept nattering about it.

-When you literally have dreams about your dragons.

-When you think the best present someone could ever give you is a second gen silver shimmer from mistletoe instead of money or other stuff, literally a clump of pixels over money.

-You have no internet for a day and the first thing you do when you get it back is check your babies (aka dragons)

-You refer to your dragons as your babies

...you see a car's license plate number, and if it begins with a "z," you think to yourself, "Hey, a Z code!" (This has happened to me more times than I'd like to admit haha)

...you're working in the lab, and when the professor asks you if BSA influenced a certain outcome of an experiment, you think "How can a breed specific action help my experiment?" xd.png

The things I'm guilty of:

-When Dragon Cave is the first site you go on when the internet starts up.

-When you dream you have a cat the same size as your dragons.

-When you have 17 pages of Google docs dedicated to Dragon Names so you won't accidentally name two dragons the same first name.

-When you have a themed naming scheme for most of your scroll except special breeding projects which have their own naming theme.

-When you you have 30 Google Spreadsheets dedicated to breeding projects.

-When you think of yourself as a Dragon Parent.

-When you become a hover dragon parent and fog your all your eggs and hatchies before you log off for the night.

-When fogging your eggs and hatchlings for the night you think of it as "putting your dragons to bed".

-When you tell people that you'll get off the computer once you've put your dragons to bed. dry.gif

-When the first thing you do on the internet is unfog your dragons and put them in your favourite hatcheries.

-When you check your scroll obsessively to make sure your dragons are not getting sick.

-When you stalk the cave for hours every five minutes, and in between, to get that one egg and get really frustrated when it whizzes under your mouse.

-When you obsessively check your trades for offers every five minutes.

-When you find you've spent four hours on the forums and have no idea where the time went.

-When you find yourself refreshing pages that are not Dragon Cave and wondering why you did that.

I'm probably guilty of more but that's all I can think of for now. xd.png

Edited by Cireth

- when none of your friends play DC so you talk about it to anyone who will listen

- you look forward to your eggs hatching more then seeing people

-dancing around the house when something good happens with your dragons

-checking the abandon area even though your egg locked

- screaming when you don't get the egg you wanted

-When your science teacher walks up to you while handing out papers and you don't notice because you are too busy signing up for a raffle

It is the first site you check every morning and the last site you check before you go to bed.

The things I'm guilty of:

-When Dragon Cave is the first site you go on when the internet starts up.

-When you dream you have a cat the same size as your dragons.

-When you have 17 pages of Google docs dedicated to Dragon Names so you won't accidentally name two dragons the same first name.

-When you have a themed naming scheme for most of your scroll except special breeding projects which have their own naming theme.

-When you you have 30 Google Spreadsheets dedicated to breeding projects.

-When you think of yourself as a Dragon Parent.

-When you become a hover dragon parent and fog your all your eggs and hatchies before you log off for the night.

-When fogging your eggs and hatchlings for the night you think of it as "putting your dragons to bed".

-When you tell people that you'll get off the computer once you've put your dragons to bed. dry.gif

-When the first thing you do on the internet is unfog your dragons and put them in your favourite hatcheries.

-When you check your scroll obsessively to make sure your dragons are not getting sick.

-When you stalk the cave for hours every five minutes, and in between, to get that one egg and get really frustrated when it whizzes under your mouse.

-When you obsessively check your trades for offers every five minutes.

-When you find you've spent four hours on the forums and have no idea where the time went.

-When you find yourself refreshing pages that are not Dragon Cave and wondering why you did that.

I'm probably guilty of more but that's all I can think of for now. xd.png

DragCave is the first site I visit, and I also do check my trade offers obsessively. biggrin.gif

-when you think have to check dragon cave at midnight to see if there are any offers on a trade

-when you check every day at least five times (even when you know nothing will happen regarding your eggs/hatchlings)

-when you have five documents recording info on your dragons.

-or have started writing about something involving your dragons

-when you talk about it so much you've managed to get a few people to join >.>

Probably more that I can't think of because its shortly after midnight...

When you say you're going to bed but you just have to check the forums one more time... and then one more time... and maybe one last time... and the next thing you know it's 4am. /aka me tonight

Also when you keep checking obsessively to see if you have incubates when you're pretty sure you don't. I just want my massively cracked eggs to hatch...

Edited by silver_chan

When you realize you're developing an obsession with forum censorkip.gif posting on other sites (not dragcave) just so people can see your eggs.Also when you're writing a book and start adding dragcave or dragcave-based dragons onto them (I was writing a short story about two pyros who find a dragon egg earlier.Dragon ended up being a carmine wyvern ohmy.gif )

Edited by OceanLorde

-when you have a dream about a nuclear explosion and your first thought is that dragcave servers might be destroyed xd.png

I have a lot of these *^u^* I do check on my babies obsessively, I have a Word document devoted to writing about them, I consider them my family of course and am very attached to them... and probably a lot more if I looked through all of these pages.

When I looked at the Site Discussion page and all the most recent posts were mine, down the list of topics. Oops.

When I looked at the Site Discussion page and all the most recent posts were mine, down the list of topics. Oops.

I have that a lot too, though it's usually been when I'm on in the wee hours of the morning and not many other posters are about to reply. ninja.gif

The usual one of having dreams about DC, and having finding a new egg description in the cave that must be a surprise new release. And spending a while after waking up trying to remember what the description was because you know it was going to be an awesome dragon!

Taking a small notebook to work so I can spend lunch break sketching new breeds and their flavor text.

Developing 5 minute drop ADD whenever you're near the computer, even if you're scroll locked or really need to get to bed.

Edit: Forgot having not one but three documents regarding my scroll's contents and needs and plans, and always having all three minimized but ready on my desktop. unsure.gif

Edited by Gryphonic