Darth Krande

You're helplessly addicted to Dragon Cave if....

You hear "I put a horse and mint together hoping for pretty babies, but they refused" and can make sense of it.

Haha, yes!

Oh, and you get confused when your brother doesn't understand:

Gifting a pretty RB x silver checker. A couple of the CBs have funny names! I got this from the AP, so it's incuhatchable! biggrin.gif

You wake up in the middle of the night and refresh your trades on your phone to see if you have any new offers.. wink.gif

You're watching a movie completely unrelated to DC, when a character mentions having a 'military lineage' and you look around for the link to the lineage page.

When hubby now understands what the rares are, what CB means and doesn't play the game laugh.gif True love!

When you're going through your scroll and your roommates start squeeing over the pretty dragons, and make their own accounts because they think collecting dragons is so cool smile.gif

Also when you catch/breed fairly uncommon dragons that you already have, you ask said roommates if they want it before you put it up on a trading site. And then you feel like a crack dealer.

When you have spreadsheets keeping track of breeding pairs and offspring to prevent inbreeding in your lineages.

When you only plan to spend a half hour online before going to study, and you end up taking the rest of the day off to read interesting threads on the DC forum and giving your 2 cents on each topic. And then realizing that the most recent comments on the top five threads are all yours because everyone else is doing important stuff while you derp around on DC.

You get more than half your rare dragons CB and/or dropped on the AP.

You get at least half of your hatchies from endless AP stalking.

You wish your friends, family and sig others understood you as easily as your fave dragon buddies.u

And ..... everytime you find or hear a great word or phrase or joke or poem or song or something you rush to name check nd gleefully reserve the name

Edited by natayah

You spend 1 hour on DC before you even eat your breakfast tongue.gif

> cool.gif When you are now a proud owner of a leetle tree. (I finally got my leetle tree since the Summer of 2013)

> When you coo happily after you caught a purple dino egg

> When you've been hunting the cave at the turn of almost every hour

> When you can't understand why some people would cut down trees and destroy the forest. laugh.gif Leetle trees are too cute to kill!

> When you have a gold trophy (I don't have yet; I'm still with the silver trophy and plan to stay as is)

> When you name your dragons after real life people. Of course, there is some puns involved and you share in the private joke with yourself

> When you become a member of other sites like Flower Game and MagiStream- all because of Dragon Cave.

... When in the morning, during a time of going back and forth between dreaming and waking up, your brain keeps showing you pictures of a Frostbite dragon, then you're back at school (of course), then there's a dragon again, then there's an aircraft, then the Frostbite dragon again, then you click something on DC and the site says: You breed a scientist.

Then you think "I have to get up and check if there's a new Dragon Cave feature that allows us to breed... scientists...? What...?" and you finally wake up completely.

When every signature you own has a link to dragon cave in it.

When you tell your friends about DC, hoping they will make a scroll someday.

The first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is check on your dragons.

When your heart actually surges when you see a CB rare... and then you punch the table because you missed said rare.

When you start literally growling at your dragons for not breeding what you wanted from them.

-when you feel that rare dragons are quite common

-when you attempt to put fog around your pet because it is sick

-when you stop eating eggs

-when you buy an expensive mouse and router in hope of catching more dragons

-when you cry and tell you parents that one of your hatchlings has died and you would like to have a funeral for it

-when you start reading books to find good words to describe your dragon with

-when the ctrl and r keys get stuck because you press them too much

-when you believe that killing dragons is a sin

-when you get dizzy, dragons start flying around your head

-AND-

-when you can finally relate to this thread! laugh.gif

When you don't kill any dragons in any game.

*cough* Paper Mario Gamecube *cough*- Wait… Bottles of water can't cough!

When you see the Red Dragon in Paper Mario on the Nintendo Gamecube and think:

"I wonder if he can incubate my eggs for me? I don't think Red/Paper Hybirds can do that…" (Yes, Papers can't breed. but everything in Paper Mario is made out of paper.)

And when you see the Bone Dragon you think:

"Is that a neglected alt?"

and the Black Dragon:

"Woah! An alt! Well I have 9345… Can't hurt to have more… *gets Pokeballs*"

and you don't kill any "Paper" creatures because they could become Paper Dragons one day.

*cough* Paper Mario requires you to murder. any every things made out of paper. *cough*

Edited by Drinking_Water

*When you refresh your dragon page every minute to look and see if anything has hatched, gendered, or grown up

*When you start planning your day around when your dragons grow up

*When you read almost every single page of the wiki and try to memorize dragon descriptions (been there, done that)

On several occasions, friends ask if you want to hang out, but you decline because your dragons will be able to breed again at that time. *whistles nonchalantly*

...you think about changing your Minecraft skin to a White dragon, and always carrying a stick.

...you've borrowed your friend's phones and computers to enter your ER's in hatcheries.

...you are one of only 3 people in your class who got a reference to this alot.png.

...you keep a pad of paper with you at all times to write down lineage ideas.

...you're on this thread and posting this.

::guilty::

When you get up at 6 am on a weekend day because of a new release. rolleyes.gif Fortunately, with the new Saturday releases I don't have to do that anymore. xd.png

When you have a dream about DC. No more hunting so late for me! Yikes.

When you wonder, "Does it make it more okay to hoard dragons if you caught/bred them yourself?"

When this isn't your first post on this thread.

When 502 gateway errors have you refreshing the page and forums constantly in hopes of an update/explanation.

When you have half a dozen spreadsheets planning lineage projects that you don't even have enough dragons to start yet.

*When you start making a table detailing when each egg hatches and each hatchling grows up, as well as when you need to breed certain dragons

*When your said table has been planned out for two to three weeks ahead

*When you feel upset because you know you can't get any eggs for a day

*When you go back to the AP to see if there are any hatchlings there every five minute

When you realize that the Ice dragon egg is just a frozen Water egg. The Water's puddle froze into the icicles. And you think someone else cares.

When you're playing a video game and are naming your characters and think "Oh I hope the name I picked isn't taken." (I was playing Pokemon once and yes, I thought that for a second. XD) Or when I accidentally referred to a really common Pokemon as a 'blocker'. Haha.