Darth Krande

You're helplessly addicted to Dragon Cave if....

when chatting on the "A-Z Fictional Characters" and you start to use names from a tv show you watched.... and now you're plotting dragons to reflect those characters. :blink:

When you find yourself reading and replying randomly to old threads instead of doing something else because you're waiting for some help with your dragons.

When you half-awaken in the middle of the night with an idea for a new name or naming-theme, and must make a note on your phone so you won't forget. 

When you are doing completely unrelated things (like walking the dog) and suddenly have an idea for a new lineage/collection/etc. 

edit: Uh, and when this happens:

image.png.c07deec526e4e020e15fc82c932c848e.png

Edited by HeatherMarie

(Hope it's okay to 'double-post' since it's been so long...)

I found a whole new level of 'addicted to DC' recently: I've been going back and reading through really old forum threads, just for the nostalgia and seeing how things have changed over time. Especially in the Suggestions area, it's so interesting to read through suggestions made back in 2011 or 2015 or whatever (and seeing how many of them don't apply anymore because of other changes to the site...).

When you get so bored of being egg locked, you come to the forums as distraction instead.

Edited by Dragon Mage

On 6/29/2021 at 12:33 PM, HeatherMarie said:

When you half-awaken in the middle of the night with an idea for a new name or naming-theme, and must make a note on your phone so you won't forget. 

I do that with DC and other things too. About to go to sleep/trying, then I realize I need to make a note before I forget.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:36 PM, HeatherMarie said:

I found a whole new level of 'addicted to DC' recently: I've been going back and reading through really old forum threads, just for the nostalgia and seeing how things have changed over time. Especially in the Suggestions area, it's so interesting to read through suggestions made back in 2011 or 2015 or whatever (and seeing how many of them don't apply anymore because of other changes to the site...).

Ditto. Bonus points if you screencap or save threads.

On 8/7/2021 at 2:31 PM, Dragon Mage said:

When you check up on the progeny of your recently bred dragons and get worried that they're at ER time, but not hatching.

When you start making punny names for your dragons.

When you get so bored of being egg locked, you come to the forums as distraction instead.

Guilty of all of these, though I'm screwing around on the forums right now when I'm not even egg-locked, just waiting between messages.

On 8/15/2021 at 7:16 AM, Varislapsi said:

When you name your pet for one of your dragons. 🐈

Instead of the other way around? :lol: Can you share? :)

2 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Instead of the other way around? :lol: Can you share? :)

Indeed! 😹 My first cat was named after Lyyra, one of my nebulae. Lyyra is my mother's cat today, I had to leave her there when I moved away since she was very attached to that place and my family. Anyway, she's the cat in my avatar!

On 8/19/2021 at 6:44 AM, Varislapsi said:

Indeed! 😹 My first cat was named after Lyyra, one of my nebulae. Lyyra is my mother's cat today, I had to leave her there when I moved away since she was very attached to that place and my family. Anyway, she's the cat in my avatar!

That's cute! ^_^ Interesting way to pick a name.

Sorry she had to stay behind with your mom, but I hope she's happy and you get to visit her when you go over there.

2 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

That's cute! ^_^ Interesting way to pick a name.

Sorry she had to stay behind with your mom, but I hope she's happy and you get to visit her when you go over there.

No worries, she is a happy cat and I can visit her any time I want to! We live in the same city. 😸 Currently, I have two cats, but they weren't named for any dragons. That made me think of something else, though...

When you have a collection of dragons with "Stolen/Laid on" dates that are special to you personally (such as your birthday... or your cat's birthday!)

On 8/20/2021 at 3:24 PM, Varislapsi said:

No worries, she is a happy cat and I can visit her any time I want to! We live in the same city. 😸 Currently, I have two cats, but they weren't named for any dragons. That made me think of something else, though...

When you have a collection of dragons with "Stolen/Laid on" dates that are special to you personally (such as your birthday... or your cat's birthday!)

Good to know. :)

Do the birthdays of fictional characters count? I tend to do that more than with actual real life people. :P

When you're having a really bad migraine attack but still reach for your laptop just to check your scroll and the forums at least once that day. No, twice. (Me yesterday... I do not recommend to any other migraine sufferers here! 😹)

On 8/28/2021 at 6:56 AM, Varislapsi said:

When you're having a really bad migraine attack but still reach for your laptop just to check your scroll and the forums at least once that day. No, twice. (Me yesterday... I do not recommend to any other migraine sufferers here! 😹)

I have done this too. Needed to make sure my blue sapphires didn't turn yellow.

It was worth the pain...but it was DEFINITELY painful!