Darth Krande

You're helplessly addicted to Dragon Cave if....

When you type "this" but Autocorrect thinks you mean "TJ's".

When you see an article about Boy Scouts of America abbreviate it to BSA, and think 'DC got in the newspaper!'

When you spend most of your time at your job daydreaming about DC. (Hey, my job requires no thought at all!)

When you get an awesome idea for a steampunk fanfic with characters based on the mods. huh.gif

When the acronym STD now means 'Speckle-Throated Dragon' in your mind. Instead of... Speech, Theater & Debate. wink.gif

All of this happened to me within the past 2 days.

When every hour you think of DC's drop.

When you write PC in an essay and think of DC.

When you dream of achieving your scroll goal. rolleyes.gif

When your friend draws a picture of a dragon and you instantly think, "_______ Dragon."

When in the middle of sewing you poke yourself trying to make a dragon on fabric. laugh.gif

When you begin to decide which biome to go to in the middle of your favorite class.

When you rush home with 5 minutes to spare so you can be in time for the hourly drop.

A lot more, but these have happened in my years of playing DC. wink.gif

Edited by mistycloud123

when you end up getting angry enough to yell at the computer from missing eggs xd.png also when you miss eggs/hatchies in the AP you are like "well fine go to another scroll see if i care you ungreatful creature" haha

This one is less of DC and more of forums in general, but I did it today. tongue.gif

When you are typing in Microsoft Word and you start typing blah blah blah... and expect it to be italicized when you close off the tag. XDDDD

Edited by Forest

When you have nothing better to do, and you just sit on the AP clicking eggs even though you're locked. Just torturing yourself with 'over burdened' messages instead of doing something productive.

It's like window shopping when you're completely broke. sleep.gif

You forgo sleep and stay up all night to catch new releases. If you misclick on a common, you stay on the computer, wait 5 hours, abandon it and try again.

When you start using the term "DCppointment" when you're unhappy with the game.

When your professor starts telling you about reverse engineering and you immediately start thinking about NDs. I can't even remember what he was talking about.

When you go searching in the AP an happen to catch one of your eggs you released over a day ago....(this actually happened)

-When you turn down cuddle-times with your bf at the turn of the hour so you can try and catch CB rares.

-When you're late to anything because you just had to refresh the AP "one more time" :/

-When you finally get off the computer at 3 am, it's because the site went down for daily maintenance, not because you finally got tired.

When you start playing Howrse again and keep referring to your horses as "dragons".

When you time your break at work to be at just the time TJ's new dragons mature so you can see what your hatchies are going to be.

(OK, this sounds really weird, but it happened to me a couple of days ago! xd.png )

When your science teacher gets annoyed because everyone's chatting and not listening, and starts striding around the room shouting: "I am the BOSS! I AM THE BOSSMAN! THE BOSSMAN!" and you start hyperventilating, and wondering if TJ is actually your science teacher! xd.png

When you're just about to fall asleep, and then your brain is like "LOL, nope! Lineage idea!", so you end up staying awake far past your bedtime obsessing over lineage patterns. *yawns because this totally happens to me all the time*

When you're at 21 growing things and can't catch anything else, you still find ways to procrastinate be on DC. (Like writing descriptions, naming things, poking around the lineages/progeny of your favorite dragons, etc.)

When you're browsing a different site, and when you find a link/image you're interested in, you quickly Ctrl + Click it as if your life depends on it.

When you get a text and don't even realize it until half an hour later due to dc.

When you're on your phone at your boyfriend's house and he automatically says, "Sweetie, are you on dragon cave again?"

.. and the answer is always yes.

And it's a serious issue to you when your boyfriend must have a second gen shimmer just because it's pretty.

You found a way to play dragon cave in your school (two points if it's blocked and you found a way to get around the block)

You dance like an idiot when you grab a rare out of the AP.

People tell you that you are too old for dc and should have stopped years ago, but you aren't listening because you're stalking the AP.

Whenever you see or hear someone say DC (washington) you automatically ask them their scroll and forum name.

When you know more about dc's history than your countries history.

You start crying whenever you get ready to fry an egg (I keep seeing white dragons) or who hope that by cracking one of those eggs you will force a dragon out.

You have more dragons than friends

When you make a paper egg out of post it notes and try to hatch it.

More than half of your bookmarks are either:

a. DC

b. this forum

c. hatcheries

You think cheese is rarer than gold

You link eggs EVERYWHERE

You just spent half an hour looking at this thread.

Much of your keyboard at work (at work... not home...) is pretty much covered in dust, except for your F5 key.

this is my problem smile.gif

When you have nothing better to do, and you just sit on the AP clicking eggs even though you're locked. Just torturing yourself with 'over burdened' messages instead of doing something productive.

It's like window shopping when you're completely broke. sleep.gif

HAHAHAHA oh, the truth -- it burns!

You found a way to play dragon cave in your school (two points if it's blocked and you found a way to get around the block)

You dance like an idiot when you grab a rare out of the AP.

People tell you that you are too old for dc and should have stopped years ago, but you aren't listening because you're stalking the AP.

Whenever you see or hear someone say DC (washington) you automatically ask them their scroll and forum name.

When you know more about dc's history than your countries history.

You start crying whenever you get ready to fry an egg (I keep seeing white dragons) or who hope that by cracking one of those eggs you will force a dragon out.

When you make a paper egg out of post it notes and try to hatch it.

More than half of your bookmarks are either:

a. DC

b. this forum

c. hatcheries

You link eggs EVERYWHERE

You just spent half an hour looking at this thread.

ALL OF THEM!! (Well, I'm still not sure about the cheese one - aren't golds rarer? xd.png )

I managed to get around the block at my school by sneaking into the textiles classroom and going on the computer there! It's not connected to the rest of the system!! smile.gif (No wonder I'm failing textiles, I spend most of the lessons "looking up layering/trapunto/couching" when I'm actually checking my dragons, writing descriptions, looking over my shoulder to avoid getting a detention! biggrin.gif )

...if you dream about TJ showing you his scroll

...if you dream about what to name your dragons

Both happened to me xd.png !

I laughed at this one.

DR:

-When you see nothing but dithering when you close your eyes.

-When you accidentally start drawing a concept on scratch paper during a test's downtime, when the paper has to be discarded afterward due to county restrictions (happened to me).

-When you accidentally start giving somebody critique on their artwork when they show it to you.

You hear "I put a horse and mint together hoping for pretty babies, but they refused" and can make sense of it.