Darth Krande

You're helplessly addicted to Dragon Cave if....

That moment when you search up black on Google, and wonder why the color a d definition are showing up

That second moment when you you are sketching a soulpeace re-sprite, even though you are terribly bad at drawing dragon heads.

You know you are addicted when....

- you book time off work (2 separate days to be exact) to stay up until around 5am to catch Halloween 2nd Gen PB's! unsure.gif

Edited by Sinion Kabe

if you make excel sheets for important lineages. x___x

^ This. When you have multiple excel documets for different DC related things.

- You see car license and you think, 'that's a cool code'.

- Your think of a name for a character and you think 'Oh no, what if that name is taken?'

EDIT; Just thought of one-

- You've memorized some of your dragon's codes

Edited by Akash

You know your addicted when-

-You don't want to leave the computer for even a second towards the end up the month on a Saturday in case there is a release, and if there isn't you don't want to go Sunday either in case it's late

-When you write a big long paragraph on your reasoning for being addicted

-When you start building lineage ideas for what you would do if you won a Cave Born Prize, even though you will never win one

-When you check your trades every 5 minutes

-When you have dragons dedicated to your siblings birthdays that they got to pick, but you never actually let them click on anything because you don't trust them xd.png

Edited by Clya

if you make excel sheets for important lineages. x___x

When you start making excel sheets for friends! tongue.gif

I had a vivid dream about DC last night. Different from the usual new-release dreams.

I had made a post (or maybe joined the irc; don't recall exactly) about all the things that were making me miserable in dream-life. It was a condensed form of the last year irl - broken arm, bronchitis, alone and snowed in for the holidays, stress about finding work and trying to pay bills in the meantime. And apparently on a whim, TJ mailed me a CB Holly egg. I was completely floored by that, and even in the dream hard a hard time believing it was real. I went to bed wondering which way I would influence it (female, to pair with the Aegis I think) and what I would name it.

When I woke up in my dream the egg had been viewbombed to death overnight. I'd said nothing to anyone about having it, but someone had looked at my scroll, seen the Holly, and decided to kill it. I was completely devastated of course, but also just having a hard time comprehending that decision. If they'd been nice to me, they could have benefited from 2nd gens from the Holly and so could many other players. It was pure, senseless spite.

Two hours after getting up, it still really bothers me. because as awesome as this community is - I've been gifted things by several people over the holidays, and tried to pass the goodwill on to others - there really are some players who would do this. I know, because I was gifted two golds as a newbie and they were both murdered in a few hours before I know what Hiding was.

I usually love DC dreams, but I could have done without the emotional whiplash from this one.

Every time you discover a marvelous new word, phrase, cheeky new term... first thing outta mouth "I gotta name a dragon that..."

If you know that to read the forum is bad for you and gets you upset most of the time but you still read it.

when whenever you look at the clock you relate it to the DC 5 mins drop

05:00 - oh nooo, i'm late, someone already got the rare egg in the first 3 seconds

05:01 - just missed a refresh:/

05:03 - omg, so close, need to go to the cave now

05:04 - it's TIME to quickly go through every biome untill the minutes passes, what if it takes more that a minute untill the pages load unsure.gif

....even if you're not on the internet at that time

When I just spent half an hour using Google advanced search to help my friend stalk down and find out the mystery user who took my friend's tinsel when she accidentally transferred it instead of trading, and gave the tinsel a weird name.

When I fantasise about this: I'm in a crowded place, on my phone on Dragon Cave getting eggs when this guy from behind me looks at my screen and says, "Wow! You play Dragon Cave!" I will say "Oh, you do too?" And then he will say, "Yes, I am TJ09." And he will show me his scroll for evidence. Then I will scream and start hyperventilating and TJ09 will give me a CB Gold, a CB Prize, lots of Spriters' Alts, CB Hollies and add many other goodies to my scroll.

^ I read that and just realised how stupid that was.

Edited by Tomato_Juice

You know you're addicted when.......

- you went through this entire forum page

- your parents are learning the names and values of various rares because it seems the only time you come off the computer is to calm down and rant about missing that elusive CB metallic.

- you have gotten 6 kids at school to start playing dragon cave

- said kids at school have asked you how you got so fast at checking the cave and how you memorized the descriptions.

- DC no longer means Washington ( bonus points if it no longer means the comics either)

- you are kept up at night fleshing out your dragon's back stories for descriptions

- you have painted your Easter eggs like dragon cave eggs

- you have accidentally called normal animals dragons

- you have dreams about dragon cave that are so vivid and realistic that you wake up and check your scroll wondering where that CB copper hatchie that you dreamt of want.

- your dragons are like family to you

- when you have named and identified that pang of anxiety and excitement/fear that occurs when you check the cave or miss a rare.

- you called egg hunting the equivalalent to Black Friday every five minutes when explaining to others why you need to concentrate very hard every 5 minutes.

- you suddenly get very anxious at every 5 minute mark regardless of where you are.

- you have a special dragon journal dedicated to all your dragon requests, lineage ideas, potential names, and basically all things dragon cave.

- you have an entire folder dedicated to dragon cave related bookmarks.

- "Dorkface" is no longer is considered an insult.

...... Yeah, I need help. sad.gif

Edited by JurassicAsh

... you're listening to a song and think 'oh, I could start a lineage using these breeds for these lyrics..!'

When you spend hours in the biomes "practicing" for when you aren't scroll locked by memorizing the description of eggs to the dragons they'll hatch...

...when you can identify most breeds just by looking at the egg, but you can't remember your family member's birthdays.

Also when you make multiple journal posts on a journaling site in order to keep track of your dragon lineage projects, scroll goals, and other dragon-related things--and you're the only one in your circle of friends who plays the game.

- When you constantly get yourself scroll locked from a mixture of codes, low time CBs in the AP and new release eggs. this has been going on for a week now please send help

- When your ENTIRE army of Reds are all on cooldown because of your addiction to new eggs, etc. seriously I have 63 of them how did this happen

- When you feel you have to hoard every single name to the point of making a folder dedicated to dragon names.

- When you can't fulfil said folder because you love coded dragons.

- When you run out of CBs and have to resort to giving your grown coded dragons stupid names to fulfil name folder's demands. i dont even care about rares anymore its all about the names

- When you click off Dragon Cave only to find yourself clicking back on.

- When you can easily post ideas on this thread.

- When you can agree with almost every single thing in this thread.

- And when you almost fully give up on the outside world for a new release.

wake me up inside

Edited by lovecats99

- You've hunted for eggs for longer than an hour in a single day

- You count the days until your scroll is unlocked

- Check on your dragon eggs several times a day, even if you know there's nothing new to see

- You celebrate holidays in the Cave and don't care a bit about actual holidays

- You celebrate the Catholic Easter because of the Cave

- You get easily irritated in real life for three days straight because you missed the new release

- You have spent countless hours coming with stories about your dragons

- You use your dragons' names as passwords like they are the names of your actual kids

- You screamed out loud like a lunatic when you got CB Gold and traded it for two Neglected

- You screamed out loud like a lunatic when you made your two adult Zombies

- You screamed out loud like a lunatic when you got your first Holy

Those are just some of mine. biggrin.gif

When you secretly use your phone in the bathroom while at work to check up on your dragons.

- The words "festive", "metallic" or "shine/shimmer/sparkle" makes you spazz

- You have 5+ DC tabs open every browsing session

- For breaks from stressful or strenuous activities you visit DC

- You have horrible thoughts about dead rare eggs whenever you leave for 6 hours

- You paint chicken eggs every Easter to look like dragons

When you continuously post your eggs and hatchlings to the same site to ensure that they have been added.

Oh my god, I thought I was the only one!