TJ09

2023-10-01 - October Dragon Release

29 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

I'd also noticed TJ's 4 all female eggs and sprites. Also spotted that 2 have now changed to male. But why 2 ostensibly identical pairs? Is there still to be some further separation - e.g. a colour change for one pair? Something to differentiate between biomes?

Normally when TJ has four eggs of a species that means both gendered hatchies and adults have separate gendered sprites. If there would be more differences, there'd be more eggs.

I liked the small hatchies, the swirly one looked first like a small monkey and the gloomy one like a flapping purple duck - but now one can see two heads and they're really interesting looking things! Thank you spriters!
And it was kind of tough to get them all but even I who am lazy and not good with things that require speed managed, so it can't be impossible. 16 hours drop is fine for me - practically all of the species will then be available or purchaseable.

Anyone speculating on names yet? No idea what the gloomy/fluffy bois are...but the swirlies could actually have swirl in the name based on how they sort. Something like Swirlmist? Or maybe something to do with synchronization, since the heads are moving in sync. Hmmm...

3 hours ago, MissK. said:

Anyone speculating on names yet? No idea what the gloomy/fluffy bois are...but the swirlies could actually have swirl in the name based on how they sort. Something like Swirlmist? Or maybe something to do with synchronization, since the heads are moving in sync. Hmmm...

huh, not sure... I was thinking "veil" of "viscous" something for the floofy babies

but the letters weren't right

Why does the furry one's description sound so adorable? "It wants to stay close to you." The fact that's its furry makes it even more huggable. To bad they can't breed with Pillow dragon. That'd make for an extra fluffy dragon.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:16 AM, Arwen17 said:

I'm reading this thread and all I can think is anyone trying to catch eggs on a mobile device must be a masochist. I have to be on a WIRED PC to catch anything. Mobile devices are too slow. Wifi devices (laptops) are too slow. I need a PC wired directly into the router and I never have below 300Mbps internet. 

Even on 300Mbps, trying to do it over wifi is usually too slow because wifi slows your speed down compared to wired which is faster.

Also you need to have all browsers closed and only that one tab open for catching. More things open, means slower speeds.

Also, getting rid of TJ's ad thing will speed stuff up.

If you're on wired internet and have at least 200-300Mbps, only one tab open, and all ads removed, and still can't catch anything, then your clicking/refresh technique needs work.

Catching up on this thread as I’ve been focused elsewhere, but this feels very very extreme. Hi, I have “yeehaw internet”, aka 12mbps. I play both on PC and on Mobile, and my Pc is not wired at all directly to my router. I have a few tabs at a time opened, or sometimes I’m actually playing one of my games simultaneously as I hunt. I’ve still managed to catch highly sought uncommons and rares. Thuweds and NRs too. The issue you’re explaining may go beyond “bad internet” and may be the device itself struggling to load due to possible age or uncleared cache it’s having to swim through (web browser AND/OR system itself). If it’s a mobile device you’re struggling on, you may be having throttled cell connection in your area or your device is overloaded via space and/or data. This game doesn’t require high speed internet in the slightest, just patience, luck and timing.

Good luck out there hunter!

Hello everyone! I have no idea why but I am going to put my 2 cents in! XD Not only do I have truly horrible internet AND am a horrible clicker, I also use a mobile device often. I was able to catch new eggs on my phone (my phone is practically a brick ) and my computer, although when using public wifi on my phone when traveling I do experience some issues, but I am ok with it as there is always another chance! If you ever need an egg caught I might be able to help! Good luck, dragon-collecting friend!

Edited by Eidos

Purple is my favorite color so I can't wait to see what these will look like! I got 6 eggs yesterday (3 of each). Now it's just a matter of knowing how to get the other sprites for the one species! ❤️

9 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

I'd also noticed TJ's 4 all female eggs and sprites. Also spotted that 2 have now changed to male. But why 2 ostensibly identical pairs? Is there still to be some further separation - e.g. a colour change for one pair? Something to differentiate between biomes?

TJ freezes them. When you see 4 eggs of the same breed/ color, it means they will be gender dimorphic and TJ will be freezing a hatchie of each gender. when only 2 eggs of a species, means both male and female sprites will look the same and one hatchie will be frozen so that we can see both what adults and hatchies look like.

I generally have about 30 tabs open, some HEAVY - AND a second browser - sometimes even three ! I was late to the party - alerted by a friend - and am not in the US  and still managed to fill my slots relatively easily. EVERY release, people say oh this was the worst EVAH,  and every time it settles down as scrolls fill up. I do support 24 hours, to cover the globe, though.

I caught two of each eventually, even though it took me the whole yesterday. So far my favourite of the sprites is the S2 hatchling from the swirly egg, I think, but they all look great. I can't wait for TJ's hatchies to grow up, especially because I want to see if these would work well with crypts... what a perfect timing for a two-headed release, thanks to all who were involved. 👻 Also waiting for mine to hatch and grow, obviously! I hope everyone else has managed to grab what they wanted at this point, too, or at least something. I haven't checked the biomes after the flood so no idea if they seem scarce or not.

Edited by Tiira

So nice to see another 2 headed dragon. I think I'm really going to like these.

I wonder whether we'll maybe get a 2-headed Halloween dragon? Would be nice! 👀

I caught one of each today, easily during the 5-min drops. Once my first batch from yesterday hatches tomorrow I'll see how long my luck holds up.

39 minutes ago, Gluria said:

I wonder whether we'll maybe get a 2-headed Halloween dragon? Would be nice! 👀

I caught one of each today, easily during the 5-min drops. Once my first batch from yesterday hatches tomorrow I'll see how long my luck holds up.

Considering we had a two-headed holiday released last year, I'd like to see something we haven't gotten yet. We have 1 Pygmy, 9 Westerns, 1 Wyrm, 1 Wyvern, 1 Amphiptere, and 1 two-headed halloween dragons atm; that leaves Easterns, Wingless, Leviathans, Drakes, and Lindwyrms as completely untapped potential.

I'd really love to see a holiday Drake. Especially since the antlers and wing shape have such nice potential for spooky vibes. Another two-headed Halloween right after the last one would be very unexpected. That has never stopped anything around here, but I guess something else will be more likely. ^^

The wait is sooo bad this time. It may be the same as always, but feels soooo long.  Impatience and curiosity are sitting on a shoulder each and scream in my ear that we need adult sprites NOW. 😅 The main reason for that being how the hatchies look sooo cool and I think I'll really adore the adults. And oh do I hope they'll have some bits in the encyclopedia, the gloomy one's hatchie description is so lovely, I want to know more!

28 minutes ago, Reykur said:

I'd really love to see a holiday Drake. Especially since the antlers and wing shape have such nice potential for spooky vibes. Another two-headed Halloween right after the last one would be very unexpected. That has never stopped anything around here, but I guess something else will be more likely. ^^

The wait is sooo bad this time. It may be the same as always, but feels soooo long.  Impatience and curiosity are sitting on a shoulder each and scream in my ear that we need adult sprites NOW. 😅 The main reason for that being how the hatchies look sooo cool and I think I'll really adore the adults. And oh do I hope they'll have some bits in the encyclopedia, the gloomy one's hatchie description is so lovely, I want to know more!

I personally wouldn't want a holiday drake (or another two-headed) because there's not a lot of breeding partners to choose from. But that's just my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Brite said:

I personally wouldn't want a holiday drake (or another two-headed) because there's not a lot of breeding partners to choose from. But that's just my opinion. 

True, I was a bit bummed that the Crypt doesn't have many complimentary pairing options, especially since a good portion of my holiday hunting is prizekin pairs from the previous year's new release (though that might be a blessing in disguise since college classes have me pretty busy this time around).

Edited by Myoukin
typo

The hatchlings look adorable! I’m happy to see more two-headed dragon breeds added to the cave, and just in time for Halloween, as they give us more lineage options for the Crypt Dragons come holiday breeding time. 😁

Gosh dangit I missed the main flood. >_< 

*hopes to nab one of each soon*

Thanks spriters! 

1 hour ago, Mirume said:

has this been an "only one day release"?

There was a flood yesterday from midnight to 4 p.m. cave time. They are still available in the cave and always will be.

I missed it. Drat. I thought we won't be getting any new release until Halloween because nothing happened in September.

Edited by Kaini
censor evasion

Just to chime in on mobile devices. I'm unexpectedly stuck in the hospital for longer than I planned for (day 14 of a 3-5 day stay) so only on my phone via the hospital WiFi. It was slow going, but I got 2 pairs of each in the span of a couple of hours. My laptop on my home WiFi would be faster, but it's definitely possible to play on a mobile device.