TJ09

2023-10-01 - October Dragon Release

5 hours ago, Firebirdwyvern said:

Oh....a possible Mothman dragon? Please, please, please. 

Oh my gosh, you might be right! They are fuzzy and have glowing red eyes!

Hours later with still no sightings, even though the swirls are all over the place, I'm leaning more toward thinking that the gloomy eggs have indeed disappeared from the jungle.

I'm thrilled because the smaller breed looks to be a 2H wingless ... Only one we had before this was Hallo last year, and I was going to have to kill off some this year for fodder for zombies.  Hopefully these guys will replace? 😅

Luckily after bring scroll-locked at the start of the release, I managed to catch at least two of each; I was very glad to see that they're still showing up in the cave fairly often, probably because it's still so close to the initial release date, but hopefully they won't be too hard to find in the future. I'm excited to see what the adult sprites look like!

2 hours ago, Kith said:

Hours later with still no sightings, even though the swirls are all over the place, I'm leaning more toward thinking that the gloomy eggs have indeed disappeared from the jungle.

Nope. Got two from there today (and a volcano)

13 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Nope. Got two from there today (and a volcano)

Oh? I see two volcano and an alpine from today, but the jungle egg is much older.

I was really late searching for the new dragons, but I managed to get two of each today with very little trouble, which surprised me.  I'll look for more later, but with two of each I figure I'm okay.  It's nice to have an easy to get release.

15 minutes ago, Kith said:

Oh? I see two volcano and an alpine from today, but the jungle egg is much older.

Traded one jungle (I don't care which biomes I get them from - I may regret that if we get a copper breeding mechanic....) for a swirly, to even up. Did I make a mistake on the other ? Sorry, if so.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Traded one jungle (I don't care which biomes I get them from - I may regret that if we get a copper breeding mechanic....) for a swirly, to even up. Did I make a mistake on the other ? Sorry, if so.

Ah, I see. Hopefully I'll have better luck there in the future, then.

Well, maybe when All Is Revealed the spriters can clarify where they are supposed to be ! 

The "light swirls" dragon seem to be wingless. I bet they will look good paired with the Blancblack dragon.

27 minutes ago, HeartJacker13 said:

The "light swirls" dragon seem to be wingless. I bet they will look good paired with the Blancblack dragon.

I was thinking that, too, from what we have seen so far. :)

Very anxious to see the adults! It always seems to take so long for TJ's to grow up. We are just spoiled, I guess, because his eggs hatch so quickly.

Thank you, Schen and Mewtie and TJ for the spoopy new 2-heads!

Wow!  So I just caught my eighth egg, and I have four of each.  This has been a great egg release for me. I hope everyone else has had a great time, too. 🙂

The Swirly hatchies look like ghostly dogs to me, but I thought it was just because any Sprite that small, wingless and in a sitting dog pose would... until it hit me... what if they went for an Orthrus inspired Dragon!? You know Orthrus? Cerberus' poor cousin with only two heads?

There're so many other mythological dogs to blend in like Cerberus itself or even the Grim!

I'd love a Hellhound derg!

37 minutes ago, Seejey said:

The Swirly hatchies look like ghostly dogs to me, but I thought it was just because any Sprite that small, wingless and in a sitting dog pose would... until it hit me... what if they went for an Orthrus inspired Dragon!? You know Orthrus? Cerberus' poor cousin with only two heads?

There're so many other mythological dogs to blend in like Cerberus itself or even the Grim!

I'd love a Hellhound derg!

Now that's a great idea. Funny enough, I started a 2-headed Hellhound lineage project recently. But I'd be over the moon if we got an actual Hellhound dragon.

I think this new 2 headed dragon is going to be my favorite of the 2 headed dragons.

Those little guys look promising. A dragon similar to last year's Halloween babies I might be able to hoard all year round?

Drop rates also seem generous compared to some previous releases, so I expect they'll be decent hunting. They're dropping in bunches, but they're being snapped up quick.

Edited by Skadi

I caught 2 swirl ones, but could never get a gloomy one 😕 I'd try to catch one now, but all my other eggs have cool codes and aren't in my Dragonopedia yet, so ill just be trying to trade for one i guess

Glad to see the swirls dropping so well still--just in time for using them to make zombies if they do turn out to be wingless as adults

Oh wow the Vilvoor is so adorable. Love the duality showing in the lore. The adult sprite look so soft. Now to wait 2 more hours for the other.