TJ09

2023-10-01 - October Dragon Release

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I generally have about 30 tabs open, some HEAVY - AND a second browser - sometimes even three ! I was late to the party - alerted by a friend - and am not in the US  and still managed to fill my slots relatively easily. EVERY release, people say oh this was the worst EVAH,  and every time it settles down as scrolls fill up. I do support 24 hours, to cover the globe, though.

I still think 48 hours is better. It's not like everyone is going to abuse it. It just gives me people the opportunity to get a new release before it's lost to the ether with all else. I don't see any harm in this.

I haven't had time to put serious time into this release so I can't comment on "how bad" this one is, but evidently the flood is long past so we'll see.

I've seen a few eggs drop here and there, and the rush/demand is definitely slowing down. I managed to nab a couple gloomy eggs despite there being over a dozen users lurking in the same biome. 

Anyone else's swirly eggs took longer to crack than the others? 

My gloomy ones had big holes for hours while the swirlys, with about the same amount of views, have only began to crack. It's like prizes! 🤨

3 minutes ago, Seejey said:

Anyone else's swirly eggs took longer to crack than the others? 

My gloomy ones had big holes for hours while the swirlys, with about the same amount of views, have only began to crack. It's like prizes! 🤨

I noticed that too; it's something that happens with Xenowyrms as well.

My eggs have a couple of hours left until they can hatch, but yeah. My oldest gloomy has a hole and my oldest swirly doesn't, despite being similar in age/views.

25 minutes ago, Myoukin said:

I noticed that too; it's something that happens with Xenowyrms as well.

20 minutes ago, Caileh said:

My eggs have a couple of hours left until they can hatch, but yeah. My oldest gloomy has a hole and my oldest swirly doesn't, despite being similar in age/views.

Hmmm! Rare alert!

Rare alert! 🚨 Rare alert! 🚨 Rare alert! 🚨

2 minutes ago, Seejey said:

Hmmm! Rare alert!

That... kind of makes sense considering you can get the gloomy eggs from three locations (Alpine, Jungle, and Volcano) while you can only get the swirly eggs from two locations (Forest and Jungle).

Can anyone still trying to get the Swirly ones or any other egg in their biomes, please, say how rare they think these are in comparison with the other NR or other rare eggs?

1 hour ago, Myoukin said:

it's something that happens with Xenowyrms as well.

Xenowyrms aren't particularly stubborn - else they'd be among the recommended breeds for Neglect solo methods that rely on such stubbornness.

And on that topic, plenty of stubborn eggs - Brimstones, Tetras, Duotones, etc - aren't particularly "rare", so I'm unsure about the stubborn = rare conjecture.

@Seejey If you want my observations, I've been hunting in the Forest the past two days (I'm not interested in the releases, just the cool shiny stuff folks are too locked to grab) and almost every refresh had at least one swirly egg spawn. Most of the swirly eggs remained for roughly ten to twenty seconds each before getting grabbed.

Edited by Lushwave

14 minutes ago, Lushwave said:

Xenowyrms aren't particularly stubborn - else they'd be among the recommended breeds for Neglect solo methods that rely on such stubbornness.

And on that topic, plenty of stubborn eggs - Brimstones, Tetras, Duotones, etc - aren't particularly "rare", so I'm unsure about the stubborn = rare conjecture.

@Seejey If you want my observations, I've been hunting in the Forest the past two days (I'm not interested in the releases, just the cool shiny stuff folks are too locked to grab) and almost every refresh had at least one swirly egg spawn. Most of the swirly eggs remained for roughly ten to twenty seconds each before getting grabbed.

Idk, it's just something I noticed whenever I was hunting for CBs in the AP to fill out my scroll; whenever Xenos were part of the mix, they were usually the last to start cracking and often took forever to get through the last stage before hatching.

That said, I haven't had much problem grabbing swirly eggs after my first batch started hatching, so maybe they are in the same boat the other uncommon/common stubborn eggs; at the same time, the release is still pretty new, so we may need to wait a week or two to really know for sure.

Thank you, @Lushwave for answering and for your very helpful first posts! ^^

I hope that they aren't rare and, also that we get some explanation for this stubbornness.

So spooky... so close to Halloween... It would be awesome if they were somehow connected to the next Halloween Dragons! =D

Edited by Seejey

Regarding the difficulty of catching in a new release, I think Lagie hit the nail on the head a couple of releases ago when she pointed out that we're getting more notifications now, so many more players are aware and trying to catch.  Personally, I want to get in as early as possible because I'm out with family from mid morning and would rather avoid battling both other players and mixed in eggs later in the day. So yes, the releases are worse for me.

It's gotten really easy to grab them; just got three gloomies at a 5-min drop.

Three swirlies hatch in the next ten minutes, so I expect I can fill up again soon after.

3 hours ago, Seejey said:

Hmmm! Rare alert!

I don't think you can declare them rare strictly due to one of them taking a bit more to hatch than the other.  Tetras, for example, are fairly easy to come by and yet they're consistently among the more stubborn eggs to hatch out of those I've been collecting for one of my lineages.  I've had other instances of that as well, where a dragon that's not particularly "rare" does take a bit more effort to hatch than other dragons do.

WELL - mine have started to hatch; within seconds, not even on the 5 minutes, I have one of each from the cave. This release works for me !

4 hours ago, Quinney said:

think Lagie hit the nail on the head

Just call me 'The Hammer'! XD

My gloomies are hatching faster, too.

9 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

I still think 48 hours is better. It's not like everyone is going to abuse it. It just gives me people the opportunity to get a new release before it's lost to the ether with all else. I don't see any harm in this.

I haven't had time to put serious time into this release so I can't comment on "how bad" this one is, but evidently the flood is long past so we'll see.

It'd be easier if the first few hours, there would be more eggs spawned so that people who are awake at the time could take as many as fits on their scroll (or almost as many ;) ) and the latecomers wouldn't need to compete for their eggs with people who have been struggling to get theirs for hours. It would be much less stressy for everybody involved and staying up late / waking early for a possible release would be worth the trouble for more people. 

Also, this is a nice example of a release when people need (or just want) twice as many from one new egg than of the other. 

Edited by Darth Krande

Are the gloomy eggs still dropping in the jungle? I haven't seen any so far today.

1 minute ago, Kith said:

Are the gloomy eggs still dropping in the jungle? I haven't seen any so far today.

I've seen some earlier today

1 minute ago, Gluria said:

I've seen some earlier today

Okay, thanks. I was wanting to check since I'm seeing a lot of swirls but no gloomy ones.

7 hours ago, KageSora said:

I don't think you can declare them rare strictly due to one of them taking a bit more to hatch than the other.  Tetras, for example, are fairly easy to come by and yet they're consistently among the more stubborn eggs to hatch out of those I've been collecting for one of my lineages.  I've had other instances of that as well, where a dragon that's not particularly "rare" does take a bit more effort to hatch than other dragons do.

Yeah. Lushwave had pointed out that there are other stubborn eggs that aren't rare. I had no idea because I only noticed this in prizes.

Thanks for confirming that, too.

9 hours ago, Seejey said:

So spooky... so close to Halloween... It would be awesome if they were somehow connected to the next Halloween Dragons! =D

That would be awesome. I'd love to see this with the December release too (if there is one). 

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Just call me 'The Hammer'! XD

My gloomies are hatching faster, too.

Hahaha!  Yes, I caught my second set with hardly a problem.