TJ09

2023-10-01 - October Dragon Release

Alright, purple eggs! Can't wait to see what they hatch into. :D

I managed to snag four of each after about an hour, but I did struggle a bit with getting them. It seems like if you have the right refresh timing from the get go, you can grab multiple at once, but if you are just a bit off you get nothing, or at least that's how it is for me.

I so miss the old release day egg floods, I at least stood a decent chance of getting something. These days all I can do is watch as they're snapped up by other people! Each new release gets more and more frustrating for those of us with slow internet and/or slower reflexes 😭 Also why can't new eggs drop in all biomes?! It just adds to the chaos to funnel everyone to a few.

48 minutes ago, Darth Krande said:

A hint for people using touchscreen devices: refresh by clicking on the biome name, not by pulling down. When the egg sprites appear, click each one in quick succession. Likely you'll get the 'already taken' message because you're looking at the last out of three, but you may have been the first to click on the first or the second. Go back to that biome and refresh again. 

This was really helpful. Thanks ❤️

Almost seven straight hours later (and yes, that was every five minute drop...), I've finally caught my fill :) I love the colours, spriters, extremely looking forward to seeing what the adults look like! I can never have too many purple draglets on my scroll.

Little newly hatched chicken guys.... Excited to see them grow up!

Managed to get what I wanted quite quickly, now it's just waiting for the egg that's locking my account to hatch in a few hours to grab the last one. 

I have one from the Alpine and two of the eggs with the swirl pattern . . . but the lag is getting worse and worse as the day goes on.  There seem to be slightly fewer folk in the biomes than when I first started looking, but now I'm often not even seeing any eggs on the 5 minute drops, let alone being able to click on one.  How can that be? By the time the screen refreshes, they've all already gone.  Almost midday here in the UK and I've lost an entire morning to the hunt so far.  Just have to hope that these aren't going to be rare, because the eggs and sprites are looking very promising.  

Update: Phew! Two more Alpine eggs on the hour drop . . . getting there . . . slowly . . .

Aw, the Difficult one is a cutie - I can't see two heads, it looks like a violet duckling to me, so sweet - can't wait to see the gendered hatchies and adults.

Have to say, I've never found a release to be this fast either - even the .00 o'clock ones don't last a minute. Tough. Maybe the game has gotten more popular, so there's a crowd?

I finally caught my first egg after more than six hours of hunting! 👻

Yay, these new eggs look really nice! I eagerly anticipate seeing what they'll end up growing into. I got my set; good luck to everyone else hunting! ❤️

The hatchling(s) are cute. The one that scared of light makes me want to build dark room for it lol.

Thank you for the release TJ and the artist, they are cute.

16 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

Is this the Halloween release early or an extra one?

This is (probably) because we didn't have a September release. :) The Halloween release is generally on the 31st!

31 minutes ago, Charity322 said:

Is this the Halloween release early or an extra one?

Definitely NOT the Halloween release.

Congratulations to Schen and Mewtie on these little cuties! Purple is my favourite colour so I will always welcome any new breeds that are purple :wub:

I'm reading this thread and all I can think is anyone trying to catch eggs on a mobile device must be a masochist. I have to be on a WIRED PC to catch anything. Mobile devices are too slow. Wifi devices (laptops) are too slow. I need a PC wired directly into the router and I never have below 300Mbps internet. 

Even on 300Mbps, trying to do it over wifi is usually too slow because wifi slows your speed down compared to wired which is faster.

Also you need to have all browsers closed and only that one tab open for catching. More things open, means slower speeds.

Also, getting rid of TJ's ad thing will speed stuff up.

If you're on wired internet and have at least 200-300Mbps, only one tab open, and all ads removed, and still can't catch anything, then your clicking/refresh technique needs work.

Cool, these babies will be grown for Halloween, Crypt (teal) will match well with purple !

Such cuties!! I've always loved the 2-headed dragons, so I'm super excited to get these in time for Halloween!!! Big thank you to TJ and spriters!

19 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

Mobile devices are too slow

I've managed six eggs in the past hour, some on the 5 drops, on my mobile. ;)

Thank you, TJ and spriters, for new spooky dragons! :)

I'm not into two headed dragons that much, which is good because I'll be less stressed to get loads of them when I also need to do halloween mate breeding done.  😅
Really like the colours though and the hatchie descriptions are cute. Especially the gloomy ones that want you to stay close. C'mere you precious little sweethearts, I'll hide you from the terrifying light! ❤️

38 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

I'm reading this thread and all I can think is anyone trying to catch eggs on a mobile device must be a masochist. I have to be on a WIRED PC to catch anything. Mobile devices are too slow. Wifi devices (laptops) are too slow. I need a PC wired directly into the router and I never have below 300Mbps internet. 

Even on 300Mbps, trying to do it over wifi is usually too slow because wifi slows your speed down compared to wired which is faster.

Also you need to have all browsers closed and only that one tab open for catching. More things open, means slower speeds.

Also, getting rid of TJ's ad thing will speed stuff up.

If you're on wired internet and have at least 200-300Mbps, only one tab open, and all ads removed, and still can't catch anything, then your clicking/refresh technique needs work.

I’m always catching on my mobile device(iPhone x) and everything is ok 😅 

12 minutes ago, Reykur said:

I'm not into two headed dragons that much, which is good because I'll be less stressed to get loads of them when I also need to do halloween mate breeding done.  😅
Really like the colours though and the hatchie descriptions are cute. Especially the gloomy ones that want you to stay close. C'mere you precious little sweethearts, I'll hide you from the terrifying light! ❤️

True 

Thanks. I was wondering if I'd missed Halloween being early this year, but it probably is just a late September release.

1 hour ago, Arwen17 said:

I'm reading this thread and all I can think is anyone trying to catch eggs on a mobile device must be a masochist.

I have very fast internet & do just fine on mobile 🤷🏻‍♀️

ANYWAY. 

congrats Mewtie & Schen— thx for the lil spooky nuggets to celebrate Halloween month! 
🔮💀🍂👻🎃💜

4 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

Have not been able to get ANY egg yet. Not fun.

Actually - what is the sense of these limited drops anyway? In the end you want all users have new eggs. Well, let that be. Non-stop-drop. Nobody can catch more than 8 anyways. And that will happen with or without those unnecessary limits. People will have fun. It's about time.

This isn't an intentionally done thing. TJ isn't hitting a "drop loads for 16 hours exactly" button. What's happening is that the code which tries to keep ratios balanced properly goes "hey, there aren't any of these two species! time to compensate" and sends out loads until a fair number of them exist.

Now, it could probably use some sort of tweak.