TJ09

2023-10-01 - October Dragon Release

Oh, nice! Hopefully these will look good with the crypts.

2 hours ago, Arwen17 said:

I'm reading this thread and all I can think is anyone trying to catch eggs on a mobile device must be a masochist. I have to be on a WIRED PC to catch anything. Mobile devices are too slow. Wifi devices (laptops) are too slow. I need a PC wired directly into the router and I never have below 300Mbps internet. 

Even on 300Mbps, trying to do it over wifi is usually too slow because wifi slows your speed down compared to wired which is faster.

Also you need to have all browsers closed and only that one tab open for catching. More things open, means slower speeds.

Also, getting rid of TJ's ad thing will speed stuff up.

If you're on wired internet and have at least 200-300Mbps, only one tab open, and all ads removed, and still can't catch anything, then your clicking/refresh technique needs work.

I think it is personal preference. I prefer my phone over my computer 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ooooooh - vicious chickens and elegant cats 🫠

Excited to see where both of these go now - also hyped to see another two-headed that looks like it's going to have short necks!

Ooh, purps! Good luck hunting, everyone -- this and Astraels will keep me busy 'til Halloween!

2 hours ago, Arwen17 said:

I'm reading this thread and all I can think is anyone trying to catch eggs on a mobile device must be a masochist. I have to be on a WIRED PC to catch anything. Mobile devices are too slow. Wifi devices (laptops) are too slow. I need a PC wired directly into the router and I never have below 300Mbps internet. 

Even on 300Mbps, trying to do it over wifi is usually too slow because wifi slows your speed down compared to wired which is faster.

Also you need to have all browsers closed and only that one tab open for catching. More things open, means slower speeds.

Also, getting rid of TJ's ad thing will speed stuff up.

If you're on wired internet and have at least 200-300Mbps, only one tab open, and all ads removed, and still can't catch anything, then your clicking/refresh technique needs work.

I'm sorry, but I really feel this is such an exaggeration of difficulty on catching eggs.

There's something to be said about drop mechanics and the general dissatisfaction with how DC handles releases - you can't look at a thread made in the last couple years without a flood of people complaining about it - but to say that anything but high speed wired internet on a PC is impossible to catch eggs on goes far. There's a lot that goes into it, and some of it is just getting lucky. 

Well, this has been another difficult release for me - I've been hunting for ten hours and still haven't caught more than one egg, though I managed to trade for a second one. However, in the meantime, I've found some real treasures from the AP so I am quite happy. And like others, I'm super excited to see if these new two-headeds would look nice with crypts! 👻

At least I remembered today to check for the release.  And thank you to the people who posted egg descriptions on the first page.  I can only see the hatchlings on the first page.  

And yes the eggs go really fast.

This is a surprise! I like the hatchies' descriptions. Also, I've caught all of my eggs on mobile.

Sweet, a two-headed dragon in beautiful spooky colors. grabbed one already, gotta incubate one or two so I have room for more today lol. I'll have to get the other one later, two-headed dragons are more exciting and harder to find

very nice eggs but ridiculous after all these hours to only have one of each, i mean.. why is it made this hard this time?

Yay! Just got 6 in the last batch! That seemed shockingly easier than last night...

Seven eggs safely gathered in. Already had one egg that I don't want to ditch.  I caught everything on my mobile on WIFI.  In fact, the last two were on 4G on my mobile, as I was weeding at the end of the garden at the time ;).  I have no doubt that being on a wired connection would give a faster response, but my laptop isn't touch screen and factoring in the need to manipulate the mouse, makes a quick stab at the mobile screen far more accurate.  Loving watching TJ's batch starting to get their S2 sprites.

7 minutes ago, Joya said:

very nice eggs but ridiculous after all these hours to only have one of each, i mean.. why is it made this hard this time?

They get worse every few months. I will never understand the point of making 10 second drops of new eggs, that are exclusively new only for a few hours, and then making some new eggs impossible to get after less than 24 hours. See: vespine. I still don’t have a full set and haven’t seen one in the cave in weeks. I can’t understand the idea behind making so much of your fan base so frustrated, myself.

At least I’m looking forward to what these look like. The eggs are gorgeous and the hatchies are interesting. Halloween usually does have some of my favorite dragons.

6 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

A hint for people using touchscreen devices: refresh by clicking on the biome name, not by pulling down. When the egg sprites appear, click each one in quick succession. Likely you'll get the 'already taken' message because you're looking at the last out of three, but you may have been the first to click on the first or the second. Go back to that biome and refresh again. 

This was a life saver!! 😍😍😍 won’t say that works every time, but from getting only 1 egg in 5 hours, I managed to get 2 for each type in only 3 tries! Thank you so much!! 🤩🤩🤩

I take back everything about not needing to worry about getting many of these eggs... the gloomy one is growing on me, even more now at stage two. At least I can't breed them to most existing Halloweens, so that's still a problem for post Halloween me. xD

Edit: 
Hope TJ changes some of their genders soon, so we can also see the male hatchie sprite, I am curious! The wait for the adults is gonna be tough. :D 

Edited by Reykur

I had given up on a new release before the Halloween event so I had only one egg-slot available in the morning XD

I was able to catch some more since then, looking forward to see the adults!

Loving the gendered hatchies all about to do a big stomp! Very cute. 

Just got 4 of each, I had to wait until a few hatchies grew up first, but happily locked with the nr's now! Can't wait to see the male gendered version of the furry hatchies and the adults!