TJ09

2023-10-01 - October Dragon Release

24 minutes ago, Dragon_Tamer_Rita said:

Did anyone else use Precognition on their eggs? All my swirlys are female and all my gloomys are male. Is this a coincidence or not?

No I don't. I use Influence on the eggs to what I want them to be. Your eggs probably just happened to be all one or the other. It's just random unless it's for holiday eggs, which is different.

Edited by whitestar

It's egg time! 

Now to figure out how to catch said eggs. lol

3 minutes ago, Merlot said:

This is not our Halloween eggs right?

Nope. This is just the regular release. 

Spooky eggs should come on Oct 31.

Edit: ALSO NEW TWO HEAD. YUS! ....Wait, OH NO I DON'T HAVE PARTNERS FOR MY HALLOWEEN TWO HEADS YET! 😧 

I need to work on that pronto. 

Though they are probably not getting bred in time... 

Dangit.

Edited by Shokomon

17 minutes ago, Wolfsong442 said:

I missed them all :c

I managed to snag one swirl.  Guess its back to the Market for the rest. 😑

54 minutes ago, Freima said:

Maybe it's just me, but I really wish the new egg drop could last a full 24 hours. I've spent most of today completely lacking any Internet access, as I often do on a Sunday. 😢

100% agree!  I end up missing most new eggs because I can't be online when they're available.  I really don't understand why new drops can't last the whole day.

1 hour ago, Freima said:

Maybe it's just me, but I really wish the new egg drop could last a full 24 hours. I've spent most of today completely lacking any Internet access, as I often do on a Sunday. 😢

I agree. I was able to grab a few before they started mixing but I don't have much hope for being able to grab more. I've only ever seen *two* of the previous drake release whose name I've already forgotten in the entire time since they stopped flooding. I've given up on ever getting a CB white of the drakes and I really hope these new dragons will not end up the same way. 

It would also be nice to have a constant flood. I got lucky this time and got 4 of each.

Got 5 already and it's been 20 minutes of looking! I've had great luck today :D

Super excited for these dragons, can't wait to see what they look like

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:
1 hour ago, Merlot said:

This is not our Halloween eggs right?

Nope. This is just the regular release.

Thank you!  Also WOOHOO I got 2 of each so I am ok for now

2 hours ago, Vic said:

Do the new drops only last in the morning?

The past several releases the floods have stopped at 4 p.m. cave time.

Now for that lengthy wait for adults.

Missed the release, and now I haven't seen a single one in the cave. I really do wish the new release drops would last 24 hours.

Hate how quick the flood stops. Luckily I managed to trade for a swirl egg, so that's something I guess. 

10 hours ago, Fishkeeper said:

This isn't an intentionally done thing. TJ isn't hitting a "drop loads for 16 hours exactly" button. What's happening is that the code which tries to keep ratios balanced properly goes "hey, there aren't any of these two species! time to compensate" and sends out loads until a fair number of them exist.

Now, it could probably use some sort of tweak.

Just to point out, Halloween drops last for exactly 24 hours and Valentines and Winter Holiday drops last for exactly 3 days.  So.  It doesn't seem strange to me to assume that the flood is specifically set to last for 16 hours before it ends.

Obviously we don't know exactly how the mechanics work, nor do I expect TJ to come in and explain the to us in detail (nor do I think he should have to do so), but it isn't unreasonable based on user-accessible information to believe that he can, in fact, alter how long a flood lasts at will.

2 hours ago, Freima said:

I believe there's a topic about this very thing in the suggestions.

3 hours ago, Freima said:

35 minutes ago, Brite said:

I believe there's a topic about this very thing in the suggestions.

There is indeed a topic specifically about that!  You might also be interested, Freima, in the topic about new drop mechanics as it has multiple discussions about ways to try and make it less punishing to get the eggs users are looking for (not specifically about new releases, but I imagine changes to make getting anything other than a blocker less of an exercise in frustration would also make it less punishing to get new releases if you happen to miss the flood window)

10 hours ago, TriangledRat said:

I'm sorry, but I really feel this is such an exaggeration of difficulty on catching eggs.

There's something to be said about drop mechanics and the general dissatisfaction with how DC handles releases - you can't look at a thread made in the last couple years without a flood of people complaining about it - but to say that anything but high speed wired internet on a PC is impossible to catch eggs on goes far. There's a lot that goes into it, and some of it is just getting lucky. 

I agree. The first CB Stat/Gold/Silver I caught were with an Amazon Fire tablet and internet too slow to use for internet TV (even short youtube videos took a while to show).  I just kept trying and was there at the right time. I often say that persistence is one of the main ingredients for successful hunting.  

And trying for new releases in the first few hours is setting yourself up for frustration if you're wanting to catch fast. Some people will (and great internet and equipment helps). I go into a NR with the full knowledge that it's going to take hours, that there will be times the biomes run out of eggs before I even SEE one, and that the lag that happens at the hourly drop (all the time, not just during new releases) has gotten so bad that I won't be catching any NRs then. And I work around it, because honestly this is just a game and not worth a high level of frustration.

Good luck, everyone, because luck IS a part of this game!

8 minutes ago, zeta1002 said:

Has anyone noticed that four red eyes hatchings are female? ಠ⁠∀⁠ಠ

It happens sometimes.  TJ will correct them later, unless this is actually a female-only breed with different adult sprites or something.  We haven't had that before but it's not impossible.  But most likely TJ will just correct them later to have some of them swapped to male.

Love these, but was unable to get them in the flood. Will have to be very patient in collecting them. But they are so lovely.

... I missed all of it. ...🙃

5 hours ago, Dragon_Tamer_Rita said:

Did anyone else use Precognition on their eggs? All my swirlys are female and all my gloomys are male. Is this a coincidence or not?

I precogged and influenced. Have male/female/female Swirls and male/male in Glooms, made a gloom female others getting gifted to a friend and/or traded.

Only holiday dragons and valentine dragons tend to be one gender only.

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

It happens sometimes.  TJ will correct them later, unless this is actually a female-only breed with different adult sprites or something.  We haven't had that before but it's not impossible.  But most likely TJ will just correct them later to have some of them swapped to male.

Mine precoged male and I had to influence one to female to have a pair, so they diff will be both genders. The sprites are now corrected now.

Less than 24 hrs and I managed to get 4 Swirly's and 4 Gloomy's and I used SOME influence and have 2 male and 2 female of each breed...

ThankYou, TJ and Spriters...

I'd also noticed TJ's 4 all female eggs and sprites. Also spotted that 2 have now changed to male. But why 2 ostensibly identical pairs? Is there still to be some further separation - e.g. a colour change for one pair? Something to differentiate between biomes?