TJ09

2023-10-01 - October Dragon Release

6 minutes ago, Rykan said:

Ok but… in less than 10 seconds after drop the egg wave is depleted: all eggs are taken. If I refresh biome the second the clock ticks xx:x5 and click on an egg, it says it’s already taken. Time to go back to biome and refresh and it’s over already. It’s impossible to get new releases like this. Due to lag, due to whatever. 
Then they should increase the number of eggs released or prolong the flood release window to a whole day or more. 

This is how all the releases have been recently.  It's so unfun.

I have the clock set to give me 20 seconds to put down anything else I'm doing and get to the caves. Then I started clicking before the time switches over. On my tablet I use two styluses, one in each hand, with one clicking on the cave and one posed to grab an egg. This helps get me past the slower-than-optimal internet connection at my cabin.

I hit the lags, the times when I tap the biome and instead of switching over, it just hangs there while the seconds tick by - especially at the hourly refresh. Persistence pays off, though. It took me three hours to capture six eggs. That's only two eggs for every hour, so averaging one egg per six refreshes (if I tried every refresh ..I skipped a few).

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again.  If you have a slower connection, consider having the ads removed. It's not expensive ($5/month, discount for full year) and it made a HUGE difference for me. Not a lot to pay for less frustration, and supports the game too.

Good luck, everyone!

The 5min drops are completely impossible this time around but I managed three of each at the hour drops. Full for now, the hunt continues tomorrow!

Oh yay, new eggs to kick off the spooky season!! The egg sprites are so gorgeous, loving the swirly one especially. They sure are tricky to catch, will have to keep an eye on that hour change.

I've got two swirly ones.  Finding it nigh on impossible to get anything else.

1 hour ago, Rykan said:

Ok but… in less than 10 seconds after drop the egg wave is depleted: all eggs are taken. If I refresh biome the second the clock ticks xx:x5 and click on an egg, it says it’s already taken. Time to go back to biome and refresh and it’s over already. It’s impossible to get new releases like this. Due to lag, due to whatever. 
Then they should increase the number of eggs released or prolong the flood release window to a whole day or more. 

Right, but adding 3 more rows of eggs won't necessarily fix the issue and will make life worse for mobile users regardless of if it fixes the issue of "too many people at once grabbing eggs".  It also can't fix the issue if the problem is an individual user having bad connection quality, which does happen at times and DC can't do anything about that.

Another thread you might be interested is this one.  Personally I would like to see more eggs dropped at the hour and 5 minute drops, as well as the flood lasting 24 hours to better accommodate players in a variety of timezones.

Oh. 👻

These disappear way too fast for me again, I really wish we would get non-stop release day floods some year! Hah.

Edited by Tiira

It's 10.05 am here. (UK) I'm up at 8am and by the time the 10am drop has done, I've always had my four of each.  I'm only half way there this morning, got nothing at the hourly drop.  I have to be away soon, Its not looking good for collecting.

Have not been able to get ANY egg yet. Not fun.

Actually - what is the sense of these limited drops anyway? In the end you want all users have new eggs. Well, let that be. Non-stop-drop. Nobody can catch more than 8 anyways. And that will happen with or without those unnecessary limits. People will have fun. It's about time.

Edited by Su_Halcon

Late to the party this morning, I didn't expect a new release. Yay for Spooky Season eggs!

This has been the easiest new release in months for me. 15 or so minutes in and I'm egglocked.

Two and a half hours later and I still need two eggs.  And I pay for ad removal and my laptop doesn't exactly run on gas.

That was quick. Another chance to fill out the Halloween section of the encyclopedia this month, too.

19 minutes ago, Su_Halcon said:

Have not been able to get ANY egg yet. Not fun.

Actually - what is the sense of these limited drops anyway? In the end you want all users have new eggs. Well, let that be. Non-stop-drop. Nobody can catch more than 8 anyways. And that will happen with or without those unnessesary limits. People will have fun. It's about time.

These are rare dragons. It would be too easy for everyone to obtain them if there weren't breaks inbetween. On top of that, other holiday eggs need to show up in the cave, so if the new ones weren't switched out occasionally, that'd defeat the purpose of a limited drop.

25 minutes ago, requiesticat said:

These are rare dragons. It would be too easy for everyone to obtain them if there weren't breaks inbetween.

This is the exact same problem that many people have been having for every release for quite a while now.  It isn't that these are "rare" dragons it's that even with commons it can be a nightmare to obtain them with how many people are trying to grab eggs.  Especially for those who are only able to get on during the biggest rushes since non-holiday drops last under 24 hours before non-holiday eggs start mixing back in so if people can only get on post-flood they're just outta luck unless they're dirt common.

Actually this has honestly been a problem since the start for some people, especially if they have poor connections.

Also there's no way this is the holiday drop.  If it was also the other holidays would show ip in their own biome--no need to have the main drop cut short to make room for them.  That's not how it's worked.

Edited by KageSora

A hint for people using touchscreen devices: refresh by clicking on the biome name, not by pulling down. When the egg sprites appear, click each one in quick succession. Likely you'll get the 'already taken' message because you're looking at the last out of three, but you may have been the first to click on the first or the second. Go back to that biome and refresh again. 

Edited by Darth Krande

not even the on-the-hour-drop lasted lol.

3 eggs by now, somehow o.O

and no, there are no halloween drops yet^^

EDIT: I see a purple DUCKYYYY LOL

Edited by Su_Halcon

This two headed gloomy hatchling looks like it will grow feathers when it grows up :)

Edited by HappyAppy

Took 3 solid hours of not missing a single drop, but finally caught two Swirly and four in the gloom.  That should give me a pair of each variant (crosses fingers).  Very pretty eggs - looking forward to seeing what the spriters have for us once they start hatching. Ooh - and TJ's first one has already hatched - cute!

Edited by Whiteberry

I don't want to drop the two cave born Astreal eggs I caught Friday night and pollinated, so I only have six slots. I did get the four gloomy eggs I'll need for my two CB pairs, but I'll be trying to get more swirl eggs later. 

I always seems to be getting behind with all the releases!