TJ09

2023-10-01 - October Dragon Release

On 10/1/2023 at 5:57 AM, KageSora said:

This is the exact same problem that many people have been having for every release for quite a while now.  It isn't that these are "rare" dragons it's that even with commons it can be a nightmare to obtain them with how many people are trying to grab eggs.  Especially for those who are only able to get on during the biggest rushes since non-holiday drops last under 24 hours before non-holiday eggs start mixing back in so if people can only get on post-flood they're just outta luck unless they're dirt common.

Actually this has honestly been a problem since the start for some people, especially if they have poor connections.

Also there's no way this is the holiday drop.  If it was also the other holidays would show ip in their own biome--no need to have the main drop cut short to make room for them.  That's not how it's worked.

I took a hiatus from dragcave for several years, so wasn't entirely sure about the mechanics. And yes, I know it's not the holiday drop. Not trying to suggest that the drop be cut short or users with poor bandwidth should be left out; it would be a good thing if NR eggs showed up more frequently.

Edited by requiesticat

Did we get new two-headed wingless dragons last minute so we don't have to go about zombifying Halloween dragons XD

Anyhow, happy about the release, love the Tangledrakin especially. :wub:

Just got the last egg I needed for my scroll goals. This was a relatively easy release for me even though I was egg-locked during the flood. The eggs are still showing up regularly in the biomes. Guess I will collect a few more for zombie fodder.

I really like these. Especially the Tangles.

Awesome designs! And the Tangles were released just in time to be a good breed8ng partner for last year's Halloweens  

I like both of these dergs.

I like them a lot.

Now I need to update my Two-Headed thread.

So behind lol.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:04 PM, KageSora said:

Just to point out, Halloween drops last for exactly 24 hours and Valentines and Winter Holiday drops last for exactly 3 days.  So.  It doesn't seem strange to me to assume that the flood is specifically set to last for 16 hours before it ends.

Obviously we don't know exactly how the mechanics work, nor do I expect TJ to come in and explain the to us in detail (nor do I think he should have to do so), but it isn't unreasonable based on user-accessible information to believe that he can, in fact, alter how long a flood lasts at will.

Except that the new drops don't flood for 16 hours exactly and then completely vanish. They flood for about 16 hours, then start to have other things mixed in, then stop flooding but are usually decently common for at least a week before settling. It's not unreasonable to think the flood length might be intentional, but on further observation, that doesn't appear to be the case.

We have adults, and the thread is drifting off topic again, so I'm going to close this. Thank you spriters and TJ!