TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

I managed to get one of each of the three dropping (as far as I know there were only three dropping anyway). I'm pleased with this. ^^

I feel bad for abandoning a hatchie so I could grab an egg- but I got one from the desert!! I don't think I have any hope of collecting them all but it's so cute and I'll treasure it forever :)

4 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

3 eggs, 6 biomes, 9 variants, wow

Got one from each biome but unsure how to influence them lol

I influenced in pairs by type - alpine/coast m/f, desert/volcano m/f, forest/jungle m/f.

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

I found this release very difficult. I had a very hard time catching them. I could not catch them at all on the hour drop. I managed to get some on the five-minute drop but it was very hard, much harder than usual. I don't know if I got all of them, because I'm having trouble viewing the colors.

Some people seemed to have trouble catching them and others did not. I'm in the United States. I don't know if it makes any difference?

I'm in Canada (same time zone as the cave) and it was hard at the start but settled down. Much easier than last month.

I do hope the colours in the biomes don't change by the day of the week, like the gems, or tomorrow we will all be very angry indeed.... :D

I saw them dropping this morning but never got to catch any because I had birthday plans. RIP me I guess lolz, but they do look pretty.

Edited by Insan101
Additonal info

I got one of each colour currently dropping.  I figure that might be all I'll be able to catch in the cave, but I'm hoping to be able to buy some, or find them being offered in one of the forums.  But I'll try to catch more.  They are beautiful.

I really wished this drop would've lasted longer. I was hunting for 2 hours last night, and got 2 eggs. I miss when new drops lasted around 24 hours... I feel really frustrated now... *sighs*

Gotta love finding out seriously late. Dx Hope I can get some. They do look interesting though. :x

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

rip the flood dropping while I was asleep lmao. Are we thinking some of the colours might be bred only? Maybe like the Pyropellis?

Looking at types of flowers, I found two that fall into the range between Astaarus and Astralophyne: Aster and Astilbe. Both of these have a large number of species which means a range of colors. Maybe this new dragon will be an offshoot (pun intended ..😁) of one of these.

I managed to acquire a single egg! Wahoo!

Now to see if I can get at least two more.

Doubtful but...will try!

14 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

I managed to acquire a single egg! Wahoo!

Now to see if I can get at least two more.

Doubtful but...will try!

I just got one each of the three variants that are dropping.  Keep trying!

I just saw 1 in Volcano! Didn't manage to grab it though lol.

So don't give up everyone, you can still get it, fighting!

1 hour ago, laevsk said:

Looking at types of flowers, I found two that fall into the range between Astaarus and Astralophyne: Aster and Astilbe. Both of these have a large number of species which means a range of colors. Maybe this new dragon will be an offshoot (pun intended ..😁) of one of these.

ooh, I hadn’t run into Astilbe, that’s good one! Aster is the one I immediately thought of.

so excited to see the adults!

1 hour ago, StarlightLion said:

Are we thinking some of the colours might be bred only? Maybe like the Pyropellis?

That could be interesting. Maybe it isn't breeding the CB NRs together that produces the other colors, but breeding the CBs with other breeds of dragon -- maybe the color of the other dragon influences which variant you would get.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That could be interesting. Maybe it isn't breeding the CB NRs together that produces the other colors, but breeding the CBs with other breeds of dragon -- maybe the color of the other dragon influences which variant you would get.

Are you thinking something similar to Stripes?

5 hours ago, Kaykay1992 said:

Ok….my thoughts on the new dragon eggs… BEAUTIFUL

“They remind me of something….they kinda look like artichokes!” 
(It would be kinda funny to have a dragon named Artichoke Dragon (and highly unlikely lol) so I went to Google to see what other names there are for artichoke (using the clue of where the dragon name is gonna sort (between Astaarus and Astralophyne) )

Artichokes are from the Daisy family! If you Google the name of the Daisy family….it gives you a name that falls within the two other names! 

Great idea! And the eggs do look like artichokes. Mmm pasta with artichokes... mmm...

I am now wondering if one will get the colors by crossbreeding within the A-ones, somehow - or, if one will need to find mates for hybrid breeds. Woo! I mean - it's not just a 16 hour rush but something to play with for a lot longer time!

I'm thinking that the 4th-6th colors are gonna be obtained by breeding non-matching colors of the 1st-3rd colors. And then the 7th-9th colors will be obtained by breeding non-matching colors of the 4th-6th colors.

Well, it’s now Monday cave-time, and it’s still the same colours dropping. Just seen a blue/purple one in the Coast. So the theory of them being like Gemshards isn’t it.

I had completely forgotten about a new release happening this weekend but I was able to snatch two eggs so far. :lol:

Awe drat missed a release...  

Saw 3 got 1

Edited by TempestSea

I really like the egg sequences and the hatchlings! I'm looking forward to seeing the adults. I only caught two from the Jungle yesterday. I hope I'll be able to catch the other two colours sometime this week in the other biomes. If not it will be a fun project to work on in the future!

Really loving the work done for these so far. I'm excited to see some more plant-based designed.