TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

Just now seeing the cracking sequence for these babs on my own eggs and it's pretty neat. 

21 hours ago, Halo--Cat said:

missed em all-

gonna hope they wont be too hard to play catch up for hhhh

They should be hitting the AP in less than a day and a half.

Still over a day and a half to see the adults. I'm very impatient, but I can't help it. 9 different versions of pretty new dragons. and a mystery to figure out how to get the other 6. unless more than just the first three have been spotted in the cave since I last checked?

I see a lot of people complaining about not finding these eggs. But honestly, they're still showing regularly. You just have to be persistent.

I have internet that is less than ideal, but in 35 minutes during the frenzy of release, I caught an egg from every biome. After the release ended, I caught two more.  I'm seeing them in the caves.  This is a hunting game and you're the predator! You can do it!

By the way, if you have iffy internet like I do, paying to have the ads removed really made a difference for me.  Support the game AND make it easier to play!

2 hours ago, KageSora said:

...Has the silver even been in the cave since it's initial drop?  I figured those would be a once every 4 months one, since that's when the dual eclipse of the in-game moons occurs.

I know they had been out at least once for a short period of time, because the color(s) dropping in the biomes matches the color(s) in the Market.  And I saw all 3 available and wish I'd gotten a couple.  Initially, I thought I had too many and couldn't get the blue one, now it's the other way around.

Pargulus isn't all that rare.  My husband dropped two into the AP for the release, and we both have a lot and pass them up all the time.  I've seen 3 since yesterday, 2 of those were today.  I see them way more than pinks or some others.  And I see and pass up Florets all the time, also.

Edit:  I had figured out long ago that the more new dragons there are, the less we see of older ones that used to be very common.   Still only 3 slots per drop, 6 biomes, so...

I can remember when we didn't get new ones very often, and there weren't many types, so I am not complaining.  Just making an observation.

Edited by daba555

Wait how many different dragons are there really? This is frustrating I can't get even half the new release dragons anymore what with the wait for some to hatch and them not dropping at all after a few days and there being so many during any releases.

Edited by roxasxaxel

5 minutes ago, roxasxaxel said:

Wait how many different dragons are there really?

I am sure someone knows.  I counted 258 or thereabouts on the Market, but I think that wouldn't include hybrids, seasonal, etc.

I also don't know how many there were when I joined, but I guarantee nothing like there are now!

There are 325 unique breeds now.

20 minutes ago, roxasxaxel said:

Wait how many different dragons are there really?

5 hours ago, Lushwave said:

Yes, the release was nicely timed about a week before the in-game eclipse, in which silver Sonatas were briefly available for four days. I have a group of them.

Actually, I think I might have misread what you meant by "initial drop"... if their first sighting in May 9-14 was what you meant, then no, they have not appeared since, and they are theorized to return in mid-September.

Ah, by "initial drop" I meant the first batch of silvers to show up.  I remember we were all waiting and theorizing after the orange and blue hit but before the silver ones started dropping.  I hadn't kept up after that and wasn't sure if the prevailing theory was still they'll show up during the next eclipse (guess it is!)

3 hours ago, daba555 said:

I know they had been out at least once for a short period of time, because the color(s) dropping in the biomes matches the color(s) in the Market.  And I saw all 3 available and wish I'd gotten a couple.  Initially, I thought I had too many and couldn't get the blue one, now it's the other way around.

Pargulus isn't all that rare.  My husband dropped two into the AP for the release, and we both have a lot and pass them up all the time.  I've seen 3 since yesterday, 2 of those were today.  I see them way more than pinks or some others.  And I see and pass up Florets all the time, also.

That's what I thought, just couldn't recall if it was just that initial release or if they'd dropped against post-eclipse yet.

Eh, seems it depends on luck.  I can count on one hand the number of Pargulus I've seen in the last, say, 3 months, despite spending a fair amount of time hunting in biomes where they're available.  Other people seem to see a ton of them.  Same with the Florets, I've seen exactly one Floret in months.  I still need a few of each for some personal goals so I keep an eye out for their descriptions while hunting other dragons in those biomes.

So I'm not surprised some people are reporting seeing plenty of the new eggs still and others are reporting spending several hours hunting and not seeing a single one.  (Especially as they're still so new that if you're a split-second late on refreshing somebody else likely will have grabbed it before you get a chance to even see it)

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

That's what I thought, just couldn't recall if it was just that initial release or if they'd dropped against post-eclipse yet.

There was a brief glitch where they dropped and shouldn't have done, IIRC.....

😆 Lol I finally got some of those new eggs 🥚 they are always hard to get at first but I did finally get a few of those new eggs. 😉 Thanks for the new ones ♥️ I'll keep on trying to get some more of them. 

Missed this whole release. Even though I've been on the mobile site and never even saw the notification or the news post, or the new eggs. 

Oh well. It's getting tedious having to hunt for so many eggs each month. Might be time for a break. 

I caught five more in less than an hour (and saw quite a few I missed) after my initial seven hatched, so they are there. Just keep trying everyone. :)

I love our community! I was just gifted several NR eggs. Thank you, gifter 💞💞 (don't know if you wished to remain anonymous :) )

I've seen a lot of people suggest that mixing the parents' colours will get the other 6 variants (VERY on board with this! Hope it's the case!!).

What I am personally hoping is that you can't get the parents' colours when breeding for the other variants. 

Example: M!Green x F!Red = Egg4 always / never Green / never Red (condition is, you breed exactly these dragons in this order).

Downside could be that when you breed them with another species/another of the same colour they will ONLY give their egg colour if breeding is successful/if the egg is of this dragon species.

Another theory I really like is the one about elemental affinity! I think so far only Xenowyrms have that type of differentiation (maybe we can throw Pyropellis forms in the mix but it's a bit more restrictive and not always related to elemental affinity), but then how do you explain only 3/9 appearing "in the wild"? 🤔

Very interesting release so far, can't wait to start testing the pairs! The sprites look phenomenal!

5 hours ago, darkladyselenity said:

Missed this whole release. Even though I've been on the mobile site and never even saw the notification or the news post, or the new eggs. 

Oh well. It's getting tedious having to hunt for so many eggs each month. Might be time for a break. 

I'm kind of in agreement. I have (or had, it apparently changed itself at some point) it set to get notifications when there is a new news post via e-mail. I got none of them, I even have DC followed on twitter, nothing there. I found out about this release at 11PM est. I have not seen a single, solitary petal egg the entire time I've been checking. Think I'll just go hunt for eggs in the AP instead now. Dx

Oh, well. Really looking forward to seeing the black and blue petal ones. :3

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

2 hours ago, demonicvampiregirl said:

I'm kind of in agreement. I have (or had, it apparently changed itself at some point) it set to get notifications when there is a new news post via e-mail. I got none of them, I even have DC followed on twitter, nothing there. I found out about this release at 11PM est. I have not seen a single, solitary petal egg the entire time I've been checking. Think I'll just go hunt for eggs in the AP instead now. Dx

Oh, well. Really looking forward to seeing the black and blue petal ones. :3

That's exactly what happened to me. I even had my push notifications on. 

13 hours ago, roxasxaxel said:

Wait how many different dragons are there really? This is frustrating I can't get even half the new release dragons anymore what with the wait for some to hatch and them not dropping at all after a few days and there being so many during any releases.

As far as we know, this release was 3 different eggs. The other 6 variations are thought to be obtained through breeding.

26 minutes ago, darkladyselenity said:

That's exactly what happened to me. I even had my push notifications on. 

What I have is the news forum set to notify me by email of a new post. It worked.

image.png.6e53e28342f94d6363fa98b0e2b076a9.png

This release is so fun I can't wait to see the adults and find out how we get colours 4-9.

I think I'm with everyone who's said colours 4-6 have a pretty similar palette to 1-3 and are likely straightforward crosses, but 7-9 stand out as having very different colours so I think they'll be more complicated to get. I'm kinda wondering if they'll come from breeding 2 of variants 4-6?  Or then again it could be something else entiely, including seasonal CB variants! Still looking forward to breeding mine and seeing what happens.

Also there's no predicting what the adults will look like, but does anyone else think they might look incredible in a lineage with florets? With so many variants that could get complicated!

Oh fun! I hope I can snag a couple! Never did get the last one. 

Thanks Spriters!

12 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There was a brief glitch where they dropped and shouldn't have done, IIRC.....

Well, that explains it.  Thanks, Fuzzbucket.

I would be so excited if it turns out this release works like real plants and we have to breed 2G hybrids to make some of the other colors. The idea of having to use hybrids to breed other hybrids is a mechanic we haven't seen yet and I think it would be really fun.