TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

I'm intrigued but also annoyed by the ammount of new eggs. Getting them all will feel a lot like a chore, I'm sure. 😨

It'd be neat if the nine variants were based on the elements from the DC Encyclopedia - the 9 dark ones (Earth, Life, Water, Lightning, Death, Fire, Air, Time, Ice). The current variants would then be Life (Forest and Jungle), Water (Alpine and Coast) and Fire (Desert and Volcano), judging by the petal colours. This is probably completely wrong, though, because it's not very intuitive that Alpine would have the Water variant instead of Air, Earth, Ice or even Lightning. And Desert could just as well have Earth or Death instead of Fire.

But it might be interesting to keep these elements in mind once we start breeding them. If there's a connection, maybe the light elements in the chart work as a bit of a randomizer? A Light type breeding partner can give any Creation variant, Dark any Destruction variant and Magi any Change variant, while a Neutral breeding partner can give any of the nine types?

It'd sure be nice if that's the case, even if the biomes seem to be a bit wonky.

Edited by _Dragoness_
Typo

Haven't been able to pick up a single egg yet.  Been trying off and on since just before midnight.

The eggs look good.  Wish I could manage to scoop one or more. 

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Hatchies! But what an odd description: Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It rarely speaks, but loves learning new words.

maybe because they look like parrots?

congrats Schen and Spatio & thanks TJ for this release!  the eggs are gorgeous & I’m excited to see the cute hatchlings grow up ♡ 

Ooh, the hatchlings! These are some of the cutest little dragons I've ever seen! Now I'm extra sad that I'm not able to catch any. I would have taught them all the loveliest Finnish words.

7 hours ago, --Seven-- said:

Whoa! So colorful 🌈 

Rip I'm egglocked haha I think I'm gonna collect after xD

No wonder you were keeping space free for days now 

Edited by TheAlphaToothless

New eggs! I've seen a few flash by, haven't caught any yet.

Thank you, TJ and spriters! :)

22 minutes ago, TheAlphaToothless said:

Rip I'm egglocked haha I think I'm gonna collect after xD

No wonder you were keeping space free for days now 

Hehe... I told ya. I caught 1 egg from each biome. I'll help you catch them later. After all there're 9 of them! :nyan:

omg they dissappear so quickly, so hard to catch

Wow, I only ever saw eggs in Alpine and Volcano. Since I didn't check the forum post I grabbed 4 from each and influenced 2 males and 2 females per color. Dangit.

Looking forward to seeing the color variant mechanism here!

I think of all the colors, I like the bright green hatchies the best right now. I'm sure it'll change one they mature, but we'll see. 💚

The drops are lasting two seconds. From clicking the biome, grabbing an egg, and then clicking a biome in rapid succession, all gone. Add in that reg eggs will be forcing themselves in probably just about now and the way the vespines were handled and I’m seriously disgusted right now. 

Reminder for everyone that there are literally HUNDREDS of people going for new release eggs, it's very likely that biomes will run out quickly!! Don't fret though, stick to a biome and try your luck, you can do it, I promise.

Whoa that's a lotta eggs!

I love the egg design - thank you TJ and spriters, you never cease to surprise us ❤️ 

I will wait for the clever minds of the forum to work out how to get the different variants 😆 So far I got one of each biome.

Edit: The hatching sequence is amazing! (seen in dragcave wiki, not sure if it is allowed to post it here)

Edited by Naughtrish

This release is one of the hardest to grab eggs that I've experienced in years. I must be getting really slow 😐

8 hours ago, shrineghost said:

I've been trying to grab one for the last hour and even tho is hourly drop, I couldn't get a single egg! This is infuriating really 🙄🙄

Update: finally, after almost 9 hours, I am now egglocked with new release only! 2 from forest and one from each biome ヽ(´▽`)/

11 minutes ago, Sarjis said:

This release is one of the hardest to grab eggs that I've experienced in years. I must be getting really slow 😐

I was thinking pretty much the same.  That or the players that don't normally bother about getting eggs on the release date have flocked for them.  Either way, although releases are manic anyway, this is one of the worst I can remember.

I did manage to get mine, but it did take hours and waking up in the middle of the night.  I understand that there's a lot of people trying to get them right now, and that they will be a permanent release, as people love to remind everyone, but it's also not hard to look at other recent releases and anticipate that these could be near impossible to find once the flood ends, and add to that the uncertainty of not knowing where the other colors come from and not knowing if this means everyone needs to grab more CBs later, and... yeah, I think we can agree it's stressful?  I wish the floods either lasted longer, or there was just overall less "secret" variants.  A friend and I have been non stop breeding Vespines, and he spent all his shards in the market, and neither of us have gotten a single white yet, I couldn't even trade a 2g Strat for a white one!

I should also say, I only had success getting these once I pulled out my gaming laptop.  Absolutely no chance on mobile whatsoever

Edited by Raziella

51 minutes ago, Talisraye said:

The drops are lasting two seconds. From clicking the biome, grabbing an egg, and then clicking a biome in rapid succession, all gone. Add in that reg eggs will be forcing themselves in probably just about now and the way the vespines were handled and I’m seriously disgusted right now. 

A tip that I gave to the rest of my family is the back button on the mouse and an immediate new click, keeping your mouse steady over one, and only one egg position.  All 4 of us have filled our scrolls in about half an hour.  Of course, it helps that we have a system where each of us collects from only 1 or 2 biomes and then trade with each other until we all have everything.  I was the last to this release but still able to get at least 2 of everything in only a few drops.

54 minutes ago, Quinney said:

the players that don't normally bother about getting eggs on the release date have flocked for them. 

The notification system may have prompted that! ;)

Top of the hour helped. I now have one from each biome.

*goes to make tea, leaving brownies behind*

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Quite possibly, but this still seems extra busy! 🙂

Okay, got 2 of each from the Alpine, Desert, and Jungle.

Gonna stay away from the Biomes unless word comes out that there's another variant dropping to give others a chance.

Can't help but feel that's why its so busy - similar to Vespines, everyone's grabbing eggs in the hopes of getting a different one. I'm honestly expecting an AP flood in the coming days- but that doesn't change the fact that this release is a lot harder to get eggs from at the moment.

34 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I only got a notification on forums, nothing on the site, is it working for other people?