TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

16 minutes ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Hope this doesn’t come across as too rude, but am I the only one who is slightly bugged by people with new releases who ask for super rare stuff like CB gold or Dinos on the trading post?

Currently scanning the AP page hoping to find a secondary color, or something good that I can offer in exchange for one.

Happens every new release before we know how common they'll be in the end.  Just because they're asking doesn't mean they'll get it.  It should settle to more reasonable things sooner or later, unless these become impossible to find CB.

4 hours ago, Gwathgor said:

I've got the secondary colours (green/teal/pink) eggs and young hatchies unlocked on the encyclopedia page, but when I view an actual young hatchi in one of those colours, the breed name still doesn't show up for me. Is it some kind of a bug? Anyone else has experienced it?

That's normal; you have to own/see a certain amount of them for the breed name to show up on the dragon's page. I find looking in hatcheries and clicking the needed dragons helps with unlocking sprites/names.

17 hours ago, Data_Girl_3 said:

Hope this doesn’t come across as too rude, but am I the only one who is slightly bugged by people with new releases who ask for super rare stuff like CB gold or Dinos on the trading post?

Currently scanning the AP page hoping to find a secondary color, or something good that I can offer in exchange for one.

I don't feel annoying about that (because every NR you would see the same things). But I'm very curious about their value between CB and hybrid.

Edit: dino I think it's ok for NRs.

For me, CB (egg) would be more valuable. But if I didn't remember wrong, one cb gold trade and asked for 4 hybrid hatchlings. I means, if I have a CB gold I would simply asked for hybrid colour CB. XD But I know the first minutes things could be very expensive and they might have some really good codes and need the first-mins serving, but still curious about what do others think about their value.

Edit: thanks Rosedamai's sharing! It's very interesting that a ER CB egg might have more value than a hatchling too.

Edited by D-wing

1 hour ago, D-wing said:

I don't feel annoying about that (because every NR you would see the same things). But I'm very curious about their value between CB and hybrid.

For me, CB (egg) would be more valueable. But if I didn't remember wrong, one cb gold trade and asked for 4 hybrid hatchlings. I means, if I have a CB gold I would simply asked for hybrid colour CB. XD But I know the first minutes things could be very expensive and they might have some really good codes and need the first-mins serving, but still curious about what do others think about their value.

If you were to ask me, the CBs would be more valuable. Not only are they basically the building blocks to making all other colors, but they're also like, you need CB astrael eggs to pollinate in order to get cb hybrid-color astraels, unless you're getting a bunch of them from the market. 

6 hours ago, Talisraye said:

Nah, what bugs me is when someone writes “free” then keeps rejecting trades or “free for [insert here]” clearly not understanding what **free** means. Got someone doing that right now. I’ve offered 4 different times, including semi-rare and they just keep rejecting even though it literally says, H: 2g hybrid W: free.

Are they egglocked? Otherwise, yeah, that's pretty frustrating. I've had that happen to me a couple of times recently

59 minutes ago, HeartJacker13 said:

Are they egglocked? Otherwise, yeah, that's pretty frustrating. I've had that happen to me a couple of times recently

No, they’re not. The 2 eggs in their trade are almost the only growing things they have save one other. And they’ve been here as long as me, so they know how it works. Just frustrating when people (seem to) mess around, but oh well.

20 minutes ago, Talisraye said:

No, they’re not. The 2 eggs in their trade are almost the only growing things they have save one other. And they’ve been here as long as me, so they know how it works. Just frustrating when people (seem to) mess around, but oh well.

After few similar experiences, I’ve been considering only ’DC Community Notice board announcements’ as true ‘free’ eggs/hatchlings. No questions asked and just 1 way transfer.

The new release eggs are not as rare as white Vespines from what I can see at the moment, which is nice for hybrid project 😊

Edited by Eiren

6 hours ago, D-wing said:

For me, CB (egg) would be more valuable. But if I didn't remember wrong, one cb gold trade and asked for 4 hybrid hatchlings. I means, if I have a CB gold I would simply asked for hybrid colour CB. XD But I know the first minutes things could be very expensive and they might have some really good codes and need the first-mins serving, but still curious about what do others think about their value.

Edit: thanks Rosedamai's sharing! It's very interesting that a ER CB egg might have more value than a hatchling too.

I would have offered those 4 2G Hybrids in a heartbeat, but alas, at the time that CB Gold was offered, I didn’t have hatchlings, and I doubt many people even had that many Hybrid hatchlings…

People putting “free”, but not accepting: yeah stop offering and wasting your time with those trades. I wait like 10-30 mins tops if I’m on DC, and if I got rejected OH WELL I guess they didn’t know the meaning of free.

Hybrid values are high right now because many of us are rushing for CB’s of the hybrid variants. Definitely the value will not stay long-term (1-2 months).

3 hours ago, Eiren said:

After few similar experiences, I’ve been considering only ’DC Community Notice board announcements’ as true ‘free’ eggs/hatchlings. No questions asked and just 1 way transfer.

The new release eggs are not as rare as white Vespines from what I can see at the moment, which is nice for hybrid project 😊

Edit: Not sure if it's off-topic, maybe I just hide them to keep it short.

Spoiler

I think a lot of people have some shadow about that too? Sometimes I just lazy to put it in community board or want to know who got it. After 5 mins... -> the first one offer a cb hatchlings/non AP time egg and seem like they have egg slots. I never know it's because they wanted to thanks the gifter or regarded it's a trade. I can't ask or give back because no more megi.

Also, sometimes people will try to offer >1 eggs and... can't accept because I'll lock (or sometime they locked). My thought: Emmm if you only offered a dummy it's yours...:ph34r: I forget if I decline someone because of this reason, but I perfer to cancel and re-post now.

For me, I would delimit all "free for xx" to a trade, that means I might freeze them or used in another trade. The only exception: "free for xx trophy"

Back to the astraels, I just found that I neglected the dinos. I think it's possible if they used 2-4 NRs for asking a dino. Seem like every NRs had that value. Not sure would the astraels become 2nd canto or more common than cantos! I hope they will be more common. XD

2 hours ago, Kiyoura said:

I would have offered those 4 2G Hybrids in a heartbeat, but alas, at the time that CB Gold was offered, I didn’t have hatchlings, and I doubt many people even had that many Hybrid hatchlings…

Hybrid values are high right now because many of us are rushing for CB’s of the hybrid variants. Definitely the value will not stay long-term (1-2 months).

My first thought was maybe they're request for earthquake hatchlings, but 4 normal hatch seem possible too. A mystery.

Not sure if CB have different value too! Maybe black/white/blue > green/teal/pink. No idea about  flash eggs = original hatchlings or not. Also don't know if an 5D-3D CB egg would be the most valuable or between the hybrid's colour and the original.

Edited by D-wing

1 hour ago, Kiyoura said:

People putting “free”, but not accepting: yeah stop offering and wasting your time with those trades. I wait like 10-30 mins tops if I’m on DC, and if I got rejected OH WELL I guess they didn’t know the meaning of free.

To be fair - I often put up things labelled free - and I may not be on line for a few hours after posting, so 30 minutes might lose you something you'd have got if you'd waited. When I get back - I DO use reject so that people get a message - I admit that I do sometimes look to see who might "need" whatever most - or if someone has actually offered something amazing. I mean - if you put something up for "free" and come back to find 12 offers, mostly messy AP stuff, and the most recent is a CB gold - well, no brainer; who could resist ?

Closing because this has again got off topic. 

ONCE AGAIN I will remind everyone that the first rule of the forum is to respect others. This includes users who are not on the forum (in the trading hub) everyone is free to trade and play how they wish, and rudeness towards others based on their playstyle is not okay.