TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

Don't know if it's been suggested, but my bet for other 6 colors would be based on color-mixing.  We start RGB (ink, not palette) like normal printing then have to 'blend' the colors to get different ones.

Edited by ScnBrain_2008

25 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

Ugh regular eggs are in the biomes already 😢 

Is it me or the floods are getting shorter and shorter?

4pm (Cave time) has been the usual end for the new release floods over the last couple of years, as far as I am aware.

Eggs eggs eggs eggs eggs!

I'm late! 

I hope I can get some!

I missed the last release. I don't want to miss this one!

3 hours ago, Kaini said:

Alright my friends! Let me remind you of a few forum rules:

This is the first rule of the forum. This means no name-calling, disrespect, snark, sass, whatever you want to call it. Don't be rude to each other. This includes moderators and TJ. In the last two pages I saw other users called names, moderators called names, and TJ called names. This is not in any way acceptable.

Secondly, this thread is for discussion of the new release / new dragons. Theories about how the colors work, how many you've caught, the sprites etc.

It is NOT a place to discuss overall site mechanics, changes you'd like to implemented to the site, etc.

We have an entire section for that, called suggestions/requests. I'm not saying you CANNOT talk about those things, just please take them to the correct section where they are properly moderated and organized into specific suggestions for implementation.

The respect others rule also applies in that forum, however. You can be frustrated, you can offer constructive criticism if you want, but be respectful in doing so. That is all I'm asking. Constructive does not mean rude, constructive criticism is at its heart, positive.

Remember that this site is free, a passion project by one person and staffed entirely by volunteers. It could be shut down tomorrow for any reason and none of us would be owed anything. The same goes for updates and changes. Feel free to suggest them to make the site better, but demanding them is not okay. This is game, it's mean to be fun. If you're not having fun, you're welcome not to play it, but it does not need to change for you.

This is a permanent release. They will be around for a while. I just locked myself this morning after I woke up, no biggie. The game would be boring if we only had 'easy' things to collect. If it helps, I actually agree some overall changes are needed, I'd love to have egg limits raised for example, but again - suggestions/requests is the place for that. Take it there, and be respectful.

Please read the above before commenting in this thread.

Posts beyond this one that are disrespectful or off topic will immediately receive a warn, AND be put on post moderation for a week.

Tapping the sign. [In reference to now removed posts, if anyone's confused. Yes, there was rudeness.]

Edited by Kaini

These eggs are so different and pretty. I'll be looking forward to seeing the adults and seeing the method(s) to obtain the other variants!

This release was a bit difficult for me, but I finally caught two of each between noon to 15:00 cave time!  Plus an extra red/green egg. Somehow. Lol. 

The eggs are gorgeous! And the hatchies are cute, now to impatiently wait for adults ^^ and finding how we get all the gorgeous colours!

As for names, I immediately thought of Asters, kinda fits in their sorting?

Welp, no eggs snagged yet.  And don't look like I'm getting some anytime soon.... 😑

Wow. Only one egg to show for SOOO many clicks!! I also had severe password issues (now corrected). This is one tough drop. I couldn't find the egg description at first and had to just slog through Biomes looking for the one I didn't recognize. Welp, back to the wars. Too bad I missed all the fireworks.

2 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

Ugh regular eggs are in the biomes already 😢 

Is it me or the floods are getting shorter and shorter?

They've ended at 4 pm for a couple of years now.

just checked and the following BSAs do not change variants/colors either: ward (White Dragon,) influence (Pink Dragon)

Well I sure hope these new dragons are gonna be heap in the Market. I haven't even seen the new description go by since 6:00. Cranky, I am.

ETA: sighhhh I meant CHEAP

Edited by Oddsoxdi
idiocy

this has been a particularly challenging release for me, though a lot of it is by my own design (i need lineage eggs with a specific date + i have 4 eggs offered on a trade i am 99.9% sure i won't get but i gotta try anyhow). a few things hatched in the last hour of the flood and i did manage 3 new eggs, huzzah!

now i'm going to comb through the thread for breed name speculation. the eggs reminded me of super pretty artichokes, but that doesn't fit the hatchling descriptions or the alphabetical sort. XD

The objects on the wings look like flower buds. Will they bloom into dragons? Even if they just grow into larger flower buds, it would be cool. Also, the colors of these hatchlings are truly beautiful! I've been waiting for dragons with such diverse colors. It might be a bit early, but I'm already thinking about suitable pairs for each of them. Some hatchlings seem like they would go well with Obidar Xeno.

48 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

They've ended at 4 pm for a couple of years now.

^ They have been the same for some time afaik.

OMG FINALLY CAUGHT ONE! *faints*

Only 8 to go?? Egads, this is a tough egg drop! 

4 hours ago, MyrrhDarkwing said:

My crack theory that Splash could be used to water the succulent eggs in a secret new use was broken when I noticed Splash is a normal type move. I’m aware it doesn’t do anything in general, but look. What if it got a secret functionality now and they didn’t tell anyone about it? Imagine how funny that would be. 

splash does give you a Easter egg magnicarp badge if done 100 times.

I managed to get two eggs from Coast and Forest respectively. Tbh I forgot about the monthly releases and am just glad I had some empty slots! Before today I was hunting for Pillow dragons and Hellfires.

Edited by eeep

missed em all-

gonna hope they wont be too hard to play catch up for hhhh

Ok….my thoughts on the new dragon eggs… BEAUTIFUL

“They remind me of something….they kinda look like artichokes!” 
(It would be kinda funny to have a dragon named Artichoke Dragon (and highly unlikely lol) so I went to Google to see what other names there are for artichoke (using the clue of where the dragon name is gonna sort (between Astaarus and Astralophyne) )

Artichokes are from the Daisy family! If you Google the name of the Daisy family….it gives you a name that falls within the two other names! 

Edited by Kaykay1992

12 minutes ago, Halo--Cat said:

missed em all-

gonna hope they wont be too hard to play catch up for hhhh

I saw some sitting in the Alpine so I don't think it should be too difficult :)

OMG! The hatchies are sooo cute!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ They remind me of baby parrots!! Sooo CUTE with a very feisty pose!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ I need a whole flock of them!! :D The colors remind me of macaws!! :D Thank you, spriters and TJ!! I can't wait to see the adults!! :D