TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

That's a hell of a release! So it is 9 colour variants, three of which can be caught from the Cave. So maybe the 6 others can be bred then - I wonder if each of the extra colours might be a permutation of the Cave breds?

RedMom x BlueDad = Colour4

RedMom x GreenDad = Colour5

BlueMom x RedDad = Colour6

BlueMom x GreenDad = Colour7

GreenMom x RedDad = Colour8

GreenMom x BlueDad = Colour9

With the same colour parents together giving the CB colours?

Edited by Kiyoura
If I can’t post a simple, imo polite, opinion then just delete it

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

That's a hell of a release! So it is 9 colour variants, three of which can be caught from the Cave. So maybe the 6 others can be bred then - I wonder if each of the extra colours might be a permutation of the Cave breds?

RedMom x BlueDad = Colour4

RedMom x GreenDad = Colour5

BlueMom x RedDad = Colour6

BlueMom x GreenDad = Colour7

GreenMom x RedDad = Colour8

GreenMom x BlueDad = Colour9

With the same colour parents together giving the CB colours?

That is an interesting theory. I was thinking biome based color change, but your theory makes a lot more sense. 

I'd MUCH prefer that to biome based....

I have astilbe growing in my garden. Mine is white :D

Managed to get my initial three. Now to sit back and see how the other colors can be obtained.

And from what I’ve gathered, it sounds like some users have let their frustrations get to them and decided to take it out on others, including TJ and the rest of the spriters and staff.  All I can say is: don’t let the negativity get to you, guys! Keep up the great work!

Edited by Data_Girl_3

Are any still dropping? I've been to the cave and have seen none at all.

13 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm in Canada (same time zone as the cave) and it was hard at the start but settled down. Much easier than last month.

Once I had my coffee, it became easier- lol.

15 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

They are a permanent release, yes. 

1 hour ago, Oddsoxdi said:

In theory, yes.  In practice now that the flood is over you'll have a harder time finding them, potentially much harder. 

And then it will settle down.....

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

And then it will settle down.....

Doesn't mean they'll necessarily be easy to find ever, though, even once settled.  Some dragons are just extremely frustrating to find no matter what.  No telling exactly where these will fall in that range for a little while yet.

12 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Doesn't mean they'll necessarily be easy to find ever, though, even once settled.  Some dragons are just extremely frustrating to find no matter what.  No telling exactly where these will fall in that range for a little while yet.

True. Some of the oddest ones are hard to find !

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

True. Some of the oddest ones are hard to find !

Hopefully these ones end up on the easier side, those hatchlings are so pretty...  I want so many of the blue and gold ones

On average I am seeing no less than one of these eggs in each biome in each five-minute refresh.

They still go within seconds because of the hype - it's on the hunter to be attentive - but they appear plentiful. Subtract the hype, and I'm fairly sure these will even out to be Pargulus or Floret uncommon at most.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:04 AM, White Fox said:

Oh man, 9 kinds?! Never gonna get them all! 😭

Only 3 drop in the biomes, I bet that the others are hybrids of the NR colours. If you can get the 3 base ones, I bet the 6 variations are easier. Good luck! ☘️

As always the people on DC are some of the kindest, most generous people in the world! Thanks SO much for your giving nature!! Gives me hope for the human race!!

I'm extra excited to see the final sprites! I love plant-themed dragons! These look beautiful so far, and the color combos are very interesting. 

(Also, maybe now it'll be easier to find or trade for a CB White Vespine! That's my hope, at least.)

1 hour ago, Lushwave said:

On average I am seeing no less than one of these eggs in each biome in each five-minute refresh.

They still go within seconds because of the hype - it's on the hunter to be attentive - but they appear plentiful. Subtract the hype, and I'm fairly sure these will even out to be Pargulus or Floret uncommon at most.

I am not even seeing one in each drop.  Maybe one per hour.  Maybe.

Other recent releases, after the initial drop was over, left more of the new ones than this one is.  Lots of moon ones, except not the silver!  Exception is the last release, where I have not seen more than 2 or 3 eggs in the last month, which makes me think that one is more like the blusang or copper.

I think I'd like these a lot, but not if they are so hard to get.  Mine are all of one biome, and I am trying to trade - made 2 offers to someone looking for what I have - but not getting a response.  

5 hours ago, Oddsoxdi said:

They should be. I've not seen a single one. Kind of disappointed, yet another dragon I probably wont see for months. 😕 They look neat so far, can't wait to see the adults.

22 minutes ago, daba555 said:

Other recent releases, after the initial drop was over, left more of the new ones than this one is.  Lots of moon ones, except not the silver!

...Has the silver even been in the cave since it's initial drop?  I figured those would be a once every 4 months one, since that's when the dual eclipse of the in-game moons occurs.

1 hour ago, Lushwave said:

Pargulus or Floret uncommon at most.

See, I find this really funny because as far as how often I see either of those they may as well be rares at this point.  If these new dragons show up that rarely I'll just have to resign myself to taking months to get additional ones if I don't want to go through the market.  It would male lineage building with them an active turn-off.

42 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Has the silver even been in the cave since it's initial drop?

Yes, the release was nicely timed about a week before the in-game eclipse, in which silver Sonatas were briefly available for four days. I have a group of them.

Actually, I think I might have misread what you meant by "initial drop"... if their first sighting in May 9-14 was what you meant, then no, they have not appeared since, and they are theorized to return in mid-September.

Edited by Lushwave

Such pretty hatchlings!  So many of them!  I'm looking forward to seeing all the adult color schemes.  It may sound odd, but recoloring is the kind of project I enjoy.

Edited by Kaini