TJ09

2023-07-30 - July Dragon Release

Based on the egg sprite the dragons should be fire! 

But I'm not done hunting Vespines , so I don't know how I feel about a popular breed hitting the cave, with 9 variants. 

The eggs look adorable, and I'm exited to see the adult sprites, though I just hope that they aren't difficult to find later on...

Exciting! I have yet to catch anything, but hopefully, sooner or later, I will manage to do that. The biomes are empying so fast!

I now have one of each biome. No colour change between night and daytime.

Reminds me of Artichokes. Saw someone guessing about seasonal appearing. Makes sense to me if they don't drop in winter (because artichokes don't like cold temperatures).

Hope they arent't hybrids. I still work on the Floret hybrids for my personal scroll goal :dry:

Six hours down the drain & all I have to show for my effort is one egg & a migraine. I'm out. 

Wow, I've never seen the new releases at the top of the hour disappear that fast this long after the first waves at midnight!  They are going insanely fast,  I wonder if they are fewer in number?  Really--they disappeared way to fast for 7 am.

40 seconds. That's one of the shortest top-of-the-hour drop I've ever seen! This worries me as it seems these guys will end being pretty uncommon, which is a bummer because I still haven't been able to catch up with the latest releases 😞

Edited by PinkyHedgehog

Well, I got my eggs and am out of the biomes. But I try for a CB pair (preferably two) plus one of each hatchie stage for each variant so this will take me weeks. Longer if the variants are seasonal vs hybrids. I still have no CB white Vesps and I only just finished the Sonotas a few weeks ago. But I got one egg per biome in only an hour thanks to my fast internet, so I cannot complain too much. 

Such gorgeous eggs! I'm super excited to see the adults. 

I do, however, have some feedback on the realeases so far this year. A few releases a year, something like 2-3, always take longer to complete a collection, either because mechanics, timing, or simply being less common than other eggs. And to be super clear - that is perfectly fine, even good IMO because it helps keep the game interesting!!! This year, however, has hit a point of being overwhelming. I'm still working on every release since April, and even taking some time off new release hunting to complete older collections has not really eased that feeling of being completely overwhelmed lately. I LOVE new dragons, I really do, so I'd really like some nice, straightforward fairly common releases to help balance the load just a bit. :) 

Oooh first hatchling! Seems like we have a linguist here?!

Edited by Eiren

I'm still working on catching these, but the hatchies so far look very cute and I like their description.

I adore the new egg sprite and I'm almost sure I'll love the adults. ❤️ This being said I have to join others in thinking that this release is a bit "too much too soon". Perhaps a new release of more than 1 type of dragon every month is coming a bit overwhelming for most players. And with 325 unique breeds already can't imagine what it's like for the new players either..

The eggs look lovely - and even though they are almost certainly flowers with petals unfolding - they remind me of cleverly folded napkins to be popped inside a wine goblet.

Edited by Kaini

1 hour ago, laevsk said:

I'm wondering on the other colors .. With these first three, possibly they're hybrids like this:

(Green=A, Red=B, Blue=C , V means Variant, f is female, m is Male)

A/f X B/m = V1

A/f X C/m = V2

B/f X A/m = V3

B/f X C/m = V4

C/f X A/m = V5

C/f X B/m = V6

The six variants plus the three originals is nine total, at least! 

Time will tell ..😄

This is what I hope also.

the rng might be against you sometimes, but it would be much easier than cb white vespines 😅

Edited by Eiren

13 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Wow, I've never seen the new releases at the top of the hour disappear that fast this long after the first waves at midnight!  They are going insanely fast,  I wonder if they are fewer in number?  Really--they disappeared way to fast for 7 am.

That's weird because the eggs didn't disappear quickly like they have in earlier drops today and I was actually able to get multiple eggs from multiple biomes. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll get some. 😉

P.S Thanks for the new dragons. 😀

Edited by Piston Smashed

Oi! That's so difficult this time. If drop ends after a day... I end up with nothing. 

Whoa, so dragon color depend on top color, not petals. So in biomes we have green, brown and gold, then two other shades of green (olive and jade?), red, blue, black and.. white?

As for me, white Vespines was much harder to catch at a release day, but now I don’t even see them in bioms. This release is easy for me

1 minute ago, Piston Smashed said:

That's weird because the eggs didn't disappear quickly like they have in ealier drops and I was actually able to get multiple eggs from multiple biomes. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll get some. 😉

P.S Thanks for the new dragons. 😀

That's so intriguing to hear. I've tried on the hour, every hour, since midnight cave time, and for me, they've been completely empty within 30-40 seconds. The lag is so bad it sometimes whitescreens for 10 seconds at a time. 😕

8 minutes ago, Piston Smashed said:

That's weird because the eggs didn't disappear quickly like they have in earlier drops today and I was actually able to get multiple eggs from multiple biomes. Keep trying and I'm sure you'll get some. 😉

Thanks, but I go for z-codes only. :) I already have one, hoping to add to that before 4 pm...

I'm just happy that despite the colors, there's only one added to the breed counter!  That takes away most the anxiety, but I know others want cbs of each, so I understand.

14 minutes ago, PinkyHedgehog said:

40 seconds. That's one of the shortest top-of-the-hour drop I've ever seen! This worries me as it seems these guys will end being pretty uncommon, which is a bummer because I still haven't been able to catch up with the latest releases 😞

It was much much lower around 2h after release xD feels like 10sec.

Hatchies! But what an odd description: Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It rarely speaks, but loves learning new words.