TJ09

2022-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

Just now, purplehaze said:

The breeding pool of those older breeds gets exponentially larger each year. I haven't bred more than a handful of my older ones for several years now because of the glut.

I do think that increasing the scroll limit would help with the problem, though. At least it would give us more of some of the newer breeds -- although, to be fair, it would probably give us a lot more of the older ones, too.

Oh absolutely on the breeding pool. Especially when some players breed ALL their holiday dragons. Which they are allowed to do, of course - no judgement on playing style.  But the glut will only get more... glutinous 😂 unless something changes. (I have to admit I'd be interested to see how it plays out if nothing does change though - massive die-offs? AP crashing under the groaning weight of thousands of Rosebuds?)

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The breeding pool of those older breeds gets exponentially larger each year. I haven't bred more than a handful of my older ones for several years now because of the glut.

I do think that increasing the scroll limit would help with the problem, though. At least it would give us more of some of the newer breeds -- although, to be fair, it would probably give us a lot more of the older ones, too.

This is why I only breed the old breeds I need for lineage purposes (in this case, Erador and Valentine only) as well as the prior year's dragon to put some 2g's out there.

Increasing scroll limit would only help with the 'wall' that blocks the Holiday biome and the CBs that land in the AP from code hunters. (remeber, there's no limit on bred eggs)

About the only way I see any sort of influx of old holiday dragons (outside of those bred for lineage purposes) slowing down would be users teaming up and making a pledge to not breed [but even then, all players are allowed to play as they wish so it would be a token gesture at best].

That aside, the bundle of lavender was being a ***** today for me. Every other item I was able to click fine, but no matter where it landed - it wasn't registering properly. Finally got it but man, I hate lavender now XD

Edited by ShorahNagi

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I don't know exactly what should or shouldn't be done but yes, each year expands the older dragons far faster than the newer breeds.

My old dragons are basically sidelined from breeding unless there's a line or perhaps a trade needed but I don't want to add to the growing wall. But that's just me and my choices, I want everyone to be able to play as they wish but I think there's going to be a breaking point with the timers. Are we going to be able to keep up with the raising tide of eggs?

This year I bred all my CB v-days, plus some of the lower-gens and yes a couple messies. Since the majority of my lineaged v-days are messies I didn't breed them... Actually, let me check. It looks like I bred less than 100 of my roughly-300 v-days. I definitely don't breed my older ones as much, they seem so dang common in the AP. I've been pleasantly surprised at how many of the newer breeds I've seen in the AP this season though.

This game... I'm trying to re-do each of the days so far just to get more practice at it, but goodness. I really think this would be so much more enjoyable if needed items couldn't spawn directly behind other things. Here, the tincture of dark mana is behind the jar and dragon-statue-thing, is that actually seeable this way?? I only know it's there because I was playing zoomed in. 

image.jpeg.7bd728f4e310d165cf09cbe0c8522a18.jpeg

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

There's a thread..

Are you using your phone's built in browser ? It seems that using others borks it - especially firefox.

Ta 

Using Chrome

I can click on the bigger items, but when potion bottles are placed behind other things and only a teeny bit is showing then I've got no chance, I'm just not acurate enough to fine click like that 😳

13 minutes ago, White Fox said:

Anyone find the broom...??

It's tall and has been standing on the right side near the barrels every time I have seen it, but sometimes all you can see is the handle sticking up.

Like this:

Spoiler

image.png.3c7330ebcd151c701d0c355bad286b47.png

Edited by purplehaze

I have a question about this event.  Does anyone know if we participated in this event will we get the badge for it?  Due to the bug I described on a prior page, I am unable to complete a single day.  I am beyond frustrated at this point and don't know what to do.  I really need some help.  I know I don't have a badge showing yet and of the three days showing, none of them have a check mark by them since I can't complete a single day.  Please help!

14 minutes ago, Sheelah said:

I have a question about this event.  Does anyone know if we participated in this event will we get the badge for it?  Due to the bug I described on a prior page, I am unable to complete a single day.  I am beyond frustrated at this point and don't know what to do.  I really need some help.  I know I don't have a badge showing yet and of the three days showing, none of them have a check mark by them since I can't complete a single day.  Please help!

I believe you have to complete one story (get the checkmark on at least 1 day) to get the badge. Badges that require completing elements of the game when it's impossible for some people to even play is frustrating.

15 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I believe you have to complete one story (get the checkmark on at least 1 day) to get the badge. Badges that require completing elements of the game when it's impossible for some people to even play is frustrating.

Thank you for responding.  Yeah.  the way it's been going with not showing all the items on the screen that need to be found and the game moving them around, missing items, etc.  It's made it impossible to play.  I guess this is one badge I will not get due to a horrible bug.  This is not good.  I hope I never seen a game like this again.  It's  beyond frustrating.  Even blowing up the screen didn't help since I finally realized the items were simply not there to be found.  Then next game, new items were removed and new items returned.  It isn't playable in my opinion.  Thank you for your help. :)

@Sheelah It is not a bug that the items move around after you restart. And unless something is specifically bugged for you, they are all there, just sometimes very well hidden behind other items (which is indeed annoying) like HeatherMarie showed in a picture a few posts above. Sometimes only a tiny bit of the item shows...in which case it's actually good to have the game reset, since you might get better positions next time. I would suggest zooming in a lot and using the item pictures from the wiki to help you find the items. 

Going crazy before realizing the feather is the "pen" that the event wants. The pen portion has always been hidden behind stuff...!

This event was really fun. I did have some difficulty with it, namely thanks to item placement as well as not knowing what certain objects looked like but was able to get the badge. Looking at a list of the items helped a lot.

so, I´m finally done code hunting, took a while, I dropped 3 All Caps codes and 2 Name codes in the process into the AP, so 5 eggs for the CB Valentine wall from me XD

Thanks for the event ^^

Although frustrating at times, I have been enjoying the mini game. I only play on a desktop, and then I still have to remove my eyeglasses to peer closely at the screen. Last night it took me several tries, probably more than either of the first two chapters (why did I keep clicking on a bundle of mint? 😆 ); if it was any more challenging, or if I was playing on a mobile device, it might be too difficult; anything less challenging might be too easy.
While I like the game a lot, one thing that I think would improve game play would be little hints, especially when down to one remaining guess, something like, "I remember the tincture of dark mana was in a small glass bottle" if that was one of the remaining items. If we have a similar game in some future event, this might be an addition worth considering.

I'm starting to wonder if I will run out of teleports before I run out of eggs to hatch from the AP.

8 hours ago, Moondragon007 said:

I wish it would take away the items as you find them.

THIS. it would make it a lot eaiser.

I was surprised to see Valentines still dropping today. I thought Valentine's was a 1 day event, but I think it's great that the drops go for longer now. Is this the first year of that?

31 minutes ago, Sunfeathers said:

I was surprised to see Valentines still dropping today. I thought Valentine's was a 1 day event, but I think it's great that the drops go for longer now. Is this the first year of that?

No, it's been a 3 day drop for a few years now. Only Halloween is a single day

14 minutes ago, Nocturnal_Horror said:

aw man i missed out entirely 😧

you still have 15 mins to catch the new eggs from the biomes!

51 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

No, it's been a 3 day drop for a few years now. Only Halloween is a single day

Okay this is blowing my mind. I went back and checked older news threads and it looks like the 3-days for new v-day drops only started in 2014?? I feel like it's been that way forever. Wow. 

19 minutes ago, Nocturnal_Horror said:

aw man i missed out entirely 😧

Keep an eye out in the AP, plenty of people toss some of the new ones to the AP for latecomers. There is usually a whole wall of them at the end of the breeding-wall.

For anyone who is getting the tombstone while trying to play Fiona's Closet, try opening up an 'incognito' window.  That worked for me to be able to go back and do the game.