TJ09

2022-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

I very rarely start the events, and now I know that I never will again.  Too many items that are too pixelated to really see, but I got the first day, so I have the badge to look at forever every time I go to my scroll.  I wish that we could hide badges.  I won't like the daily reminder of this game.

Edited by random_dragon_collector

Yeah I have to agree with everyone else about the hidden object being super small. I have my DC set to 120% zoom /always/ (cause that zoom works best for reading dragon egg descriptions and managing to click on the eggs properly) and I STILL had to hold my laptop up to my chin and squint to find everything. Worst bit is my earth crystal was behind the pygmy dragon's wing today and I could only see a bare sliver of it and only got it right cause I clicked it out of desperation cause I couldn't see it anywhere else! I'll keep playing cause I like hidden object games but if you do it again it should be a bigger screen for sure!

16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Someone made the joke! I was wondering if anyone else would think of that.

Well, Valentine's Day... closets... How could I not? :P

The foxies are growing up! ^_^

Hmm, I can see how some people would be frustrated with the size of the area, but I guess I'm just so used to playing hidden item games with a timer attached where the items can be just as small that the difficulty outside of not knowing what the items looked like at first didn't really register to me. Being able to just sit here and eyeball the location at my leisure without worrying about a clock ticking down was kind of refreshing.

I was today years old when I learned that hidden dragons can still die from sickness. ;_; RIP my two new dragons

For those having trouble with Fiona's Closet on mobile, here's what worked for me:

1. Switch view to landscape

2. Fail a few times. This reshuffles the room, allowing you to see what moves and what doesn't [I was much faster today than yesterday because now I knew what's static and what's not]

2.5. If a small object (ex. Label) is blocked by something, don't be afraid to fail to 'reset' the room in the Hope's the small stuff is in a better spot

3. Take it slow, there's no timer so you can scan the room and take your time in finding items

11 minutes ago, Scheills said:

I was today years old when I learned that hidden dragons can still die from sickness. ;_; RIP my two new dragons

oh no :( 

Word of advice for the future, do not add your fresh eggs to the click sites. I always wait a day before I add a freshly bred or newly grabbed CB eggs. Also, one click site is usually more than enough.

AP eggs are fine to be added the moment you grab them though.

I thought I could incubate my new eggs so that they are at 6 days and then add them, but they also got sick just one hour later with just 200 views, so I fogged them and removed them again and added them the next day.

Well today was much easier than yesterday! Having said that, I'm clicking my zoom five times and when I still couldn't see the object I was looking for, I just clicked on random pixels.  There was one, a bundle of something that I never saw at all until it was the last item I needed, then there it was in full view.  Hmmm...

Well I've been playing the game yesterday and today and I need to say that I love it !

It was a bit difficult yesterday, but with a bit of trials and errors I got it, and now it's just so much fun ! 😊

I can't wait for tomorrow's challenge !

wow even with a picture of the earth mana crystal what I clicked was still a wild guess, but to my surprise the right one lol ... So today I finished the second quest in a row, phew.

the hatchies are the cutest!!!! :wub:

I love the 'tumbled out of bed' look of the hatchies that I read earlier.  They really do look to be the cuddliest little children!  I only usually freeze one of each, S1 and 2 for collecting but these are really pulling at my heart strings. Which, I would imagine, was the plan! 😁

What is this "Bee's Breath" that I'm supposed to find today? I tried all kind of different items, but nothing seems to match.🤔

image.png.6fec614b948d8819032fd7865b39c256.png

This bottle of light mana seems to be floating? XD So is the candle... Is this place haunted or something?

@alci below is what bees breath looks like (I randomly found it in the first one so its in my seen list):

image.png.ab3b0421f100343603afcf95cef519cb.png

5 minutes ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

This bottle of light mana seems to be floating? XD So is the candle... Is this place haunted or something?

@alci below is what bees breath looks like (I randomly found it in the first one so its in my seen list):

Thanx, I had NOT found that without help:

image.thumb.png.e58bb2dae0b677880696e78b95c793fd.png

Can someone show me how the bundle of bee balm and crock look like?

Thanks!

Edited by lincoln6echo

Well, I only do DC with my laptop. I suck at most games. I agree that it is a bit frustrating that sometimes even though you KNOW you clicked the right thing, it just is not being picked up. And I could swear sometimes all items just are not there. BUT

all that said, I actually like the game. If it were smooth and easy it would be too simple to be worth playing at all. I think it's an endearing silly little game, Fiona should take better care of her valuable closet and finding the stuffs is not impossible (especially as Currently being released page has images of the items one needs to find).

So thank you whoever designed it!

The earth mana almost defeated me today, even knowing what to look for. One nice thing though is that there's no penalty for failing and having to start again.

and that closet is pretty well organized compared to my *real* closet. lol. Now if those big, noisy dragons would just stop knocking things off the shelves....

Seriously, if you're going to only give us three tires, I am begging you to add a hint button. I'm not the only one who is getting frustrated with this game and we still have the rest of the week to go. For all the mana in the world, add a hint button!

WB

I only have my iPhone and always use it in landscape mode since I also play on neopets and even then I have to zoom way out on some pages in order to get a selection to register but this is the ONLY site where doing that DOESN’T work for me…NONE of my double taps on ANY of the items register so yet another badge I WON’T be getting just like the Xmas event NOT registering ANYTHING attempted for that event. *cry*
BUT at least I got my 2 eggs on the 1st day so that’s at least a small “YAY!”.

It doesn’t help matters much that in order to try to find stuff while having it zoomed out to the point of being able to at least see the various items I can’t move the page around to see the rest of the closet cause the magnifying glass circle thingy gets clicked on more than intended since it goes wherever my finger tips try touching in order to move the closet picture around when zoomed out AND when unzooming until the page is back to normal so to speak. Definitely not happy with that. 

26 minutes ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

Seriously, if you're going to only give us three tires, I am begging you to add a hint button. I'm not the only one who is getting frustrated with this game and we still have the rest of the week to go. For all the mana in the world, add a hint button!

WB

When I get down to 1 try left, I click on an item I already found on the list and VIOLA! I have 3 more tries without it totally resetting to a new view.  You will have to get all the items on your list again but at least you now know where to find those.

This gives me a chance to zoom in multiple times so I can hopefully find the one(s) I was missing.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

I just checked my badges and the last Valentine’s Day event badge I got was for the 2020 story event…same as the Halloween and Holiday 2020 event badges but nothing for any of the 2021 events. Le Sigh

I am enjoying the game! It took a bit of trial and error to figure out what registers as a double-click. I am on mobile, using Chrome on an android phone. 

Thanks for those who shared the total number of ingredients! I managed to find them all yesterday which made today's exercise a lot easier.

Thank you to the kind folks that linked to the "Currently Being Released" page because I had one more item left and had no idea what a crock looked like.

I'm a bit conflicted about this event. Normally I like hidden item games, it's fun to discover new items the harder I look, but...well, it's extremely hard to look. Yesterday I played on my phone and the magnifying glass was quite helpful, but tapping on a tiny screen is way less sensitive and several times it did not register the correct item even though I had it right. So today I figured to play on my computer, should be easier right? Well the clicking is far better but the view is terrible, the screen is smaller than anticipated and there is no magnifying glass anymore. I did zoom in to check some things, but we shouldn't have to do that to play the game in my opinion. I think this is a nice event idea but could use some fine-tuning to make it less frustrating.