TJ09

2022-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

Looks like the game really isn't for mobile... I had not a single problem with clicking anything on desktop computer. You can click stuff pixel perfect with a cursor. Besides that, no zooming in necessary on a 4k or 2k screen, just move your nose closer. But also, the randomness contributes to items being very hidden behind the static things and barely recognizable. 

Having a full list of discoverable items really helps in that situation because then you know what you are looking for. Although one could argue that it takes away the fun.

Minor bug, items that are both needed and happen to overlap will only allow you to pick up one of those items resulting in the puzzle having to be restarted. (Since the items remain in place after they're collected). Such as here, bee's breath overlapped by bundle of bee balm, only the balm is able to be picked up no matter where it's clicked. It was the last item I needed.

Spoiler

overlap.png.7317dd02ec021eff2238330b94613f32.png

After finishing the game yesterday (after some problems in the beginning) and then today's even in a row (tho ONLY with the help of the Currently Being Released pictures) I am looking forward to play it further more the next days, I find some fun in it now^^

What absolutely frustrates me this year is the AP. Couldn't there be something done about the rare dropping of earlier years' dragons? Perhaps by reducing the amount of the ancient ones? Or finding a better mixture? I hardly see Amariginis, which is kinda normal cus last year's dragon, but also getting Eradors is a pain. Of course due to hundreds of fellow players wanting/needing them too and are quicker or have the better internet.

And then all those messy lineages! It breaks my heart to see a gorgeous long checker broken to uselessness by some totally non-fitting single dragon or messy pack added. With a salty somewhere in it it even hurts more.

I know there are people that love them, some even want 'the messier the better' lol and I respect that, but it feels unbalanced, I catch way more messy than nicely planned ones. My time spent of endless clicking/seeing the not-getting-message or catching/checking/releasing feels so wasted. I wished there were a hover action that lets you see the lineage in advance^^

I think I never bred so many of my own dragons to keep an egg due to not finding what I need/want/like. Not giving up hope tho, hope to catch some last good findings while the drops last^^

Edited by Su_Halcon

The AP is entirely user driven - what appears in it is not up to the site. Please be respectful of the way others play in this discussion. 

I swear it feels like sometimes the items needed don't spawn, is it possible that they are completely hidden behind something?

3 hours ago, MissK. said:

I did zoom in to check some things, but we shouldn't have to do that to play the game in my opinion.

Agreed. Literally *having* to zoom the page just in order to play the game isn't a great setup. I also don't get why mobile apparently has a magnifying glass to use but desktop doesn't? That doesn't seem right.

I got my two new eggs yesterday and now I'm debating whether to keep them or dump and catch again (or try to trade 'cause one is a nice code?). I'm really loving the hatchlings and I can't wait to see the adult!

(As for the AP, I think it's always the case that you find more of the things you *aren't* looking for than what you are, lol. Everyone here knows I prefer messies and I can't even count the number of 2gs and 3g-checkers I've tossed back this v-day season, my goodness.)

35 minutes ago, Glaciarie said:

I swear it feels like sometimes the items needed don't spawn, is it possible that they are completely hidden behind something?

I Think they are hidden begind something. Had that too yesterday. I knew I found an item the round before but it was gone in the next round.

AP: Agreed. ^^ And people aways breed the dragons I'm looking for when I'm locked. ^^'

The hatchlings are super cute and really looking forward to seeing what they look like as adults.

NOT a fan of the game, however. The concept itself is good and normally I quite enjoy these kinds of games, but the game itself is barely playable, at least to me. The low number of tries is an annoyance more than anything, especially when combined with the fact that items get overlapped with each and become unclickable unless you are precise to what feels like a pixel, even then failing more than not because of how small the hitbox for some items is. And this is on a pc, I would hate to try and play this on mobile.

20 minutes ago, SheridanCharon said:

The hatchlings are super cute and really looking forward to seeing what they look like as adults.

NOT a fan of the game, however. The concept itself is good and normally I quite enjoy these kinds of games, but the game itself is barely playable, at least to me. The low number of tries is an annoyance more than anything, especially when combined with the fact that items get overlapped with each and become unclickable unless you are precise to what feels like a pixel, even then failing more than not because of how small the hitbox for some items is. And this is on a pc, I would hate to try and play this on mobile.

It's not much different on mobile. I've had two items overlap and it decided I was tapping on the wrong one - resetting the puzzle. I also can't move the magnifying glass past the left and right edges of the screen so there's less room to manoeuvre to get those items in it to select them. All that being said, I'm starting to enjoy the game more as I learn what things look like

On PC I get no magnifying glass... Should I ?

I don't get one on my laptop, either. Think I've seen people say it's only on mobile.

Wow, this is tough. First day took me over an hour to get the badge. I've been taking a screenshot and posting it to paint to blow it up as big as I need and have a picture list of the items. I still, on occasion, fail. Can't imagine doing this one a cellphone. I'm intrigued by the dragons and hope we get a chocolate strawberry! That would be awesome!

Like many others, I love the concept and even as an older irregular player, I can solve this one.

But not on a phone, even a fairly new one., which is all some of us have for whatever reason 

Please make it work next time for us? Ta muchly x

18 hours ago, CapriciousT said:

What does the crystal of earth mana look like.  I have been clicking everything and I can not find it.  It is very frustrating.  I always get the first one incorrect even if I click on an item I know is correct, the item I click on moves and then I can click on it.  So I automatically have 1 wrong guess.  But I have been trying with out any success for the Crystal of earth mana, it's driving me crazy.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bookmark the url of the story itself, i.e.

https://dragcave.net/valentines22/story/day1

or

https://dragcave.net/valentines22/story/day2

depending on which one you're doing. When you lose the game, click on your bookmark before attempting to find any more items.

The items rearrange functionally as soon as you get that message about misfit pygmies, but visually that page still shows the old locations until the next refresh.

Since click inputs are done with coordinates, e.g. something like this:

https://dragcave.net/valentines22/submit/day1?316,166

from 0,0 in the top left to 500,500 in the bottom right, your input from your last attempt will carry over as a click on the new board, which will probably also be a wrong guess, so simply refreshing the page is not a good solution, hence, the bookmark.

Hope this helps?

1 hour ago, random_dragon_collector said:

@TJ09 adding the line of regular eggs to the holiday AP is one of the best changes ever!  Are we on our third or fourth time for this?  At any rate, I sincerely thank you! :D

I agree and I didn't initially think I would like it. But I have grabbed more Split dragons from the AP this week than I have seen in a long time. And they were probably timed so they would have died behind the Valentine wall without this change. I'm still primarily hunting Valentines, but it is nice to have a chance at some other things, too.

4 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

@TJ09 adding the line of regular eggs to the holiday AP is one of the best changes ever!  Are we on our third or fourth time for this?  At any rate, I sincerely thank you! :D

Agreed! I'm not picking up as many regulars right now, focusing on trying to get my scroll-goals of my last remaining v-day breeds, but it's so nice to have the option. I grabbed an Electric from that bottom row a couple days ago and traded it for a beautiful Copper, something I wouldn't have even offered on if all I had were v-days. 

Found all of the little things today. Challenging and tedious but fun. Once you know what they look like after narrowing it down...

I don't see a broom listed on the wiki's currently being released page, it's the last thing I need to get for today... is it a tiny broom or a big one? I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I swear I've looked, lol.

edit: Got it!! It blends in with the color of the shelves, wow.

Edited by HeatherMarie

8 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I don't see a broom listed on the wiki's currently being released page, it's the last thing I need to get for today... is it a tiny broom or a big one? I feel like I'm missing something obvious but I swear I've looked, lol.

It's big. I was surprised actually because I hadn't seen it before XD

8 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

edit: Got it!! It blends in with the color of the shelves, wow.

The broom took me awhile, too! The bottom half was hidden for me.

🙃The Event is fun🙂 I'm finding it..not too difficult of a challenge...🧹only the broom kept hiding lol...

rather like hide & seek..like somehow they knew...😉

In case it helps anyone to know: the game wouldn't work on my mobile on Firefox, but IS WORKING with the built-in Samsung browser!  Maybe this will let some of you play the game!