TJ09

2022-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

Why isn't the broom added to the list of "seen" items? I found it relatively easily but its annoying that it hasn't been added to my list of seen items...

1 hour ago, Vampyre said:

Why isn't the broom added to the list of "seen" items? I found it relatively easily but its annoying that it hasn't been added to my list of seen items...

It's not on my seen list either, despite completing today's story. I'm wondering if perhaps the broom was a 'late addition' to the game, it doesn't seem like anyone saw it before today's game, even those who posted screenshots/lists of all 35-ish items. 

26 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

It's not on my seen list either, despite completing today's story. I'm wondering if perhaps the broom was a 'late addition' to the game, it doesn't seem like anyone saw it before today's game, even those who posted screenshots/lists of all 35-ish items. 

I’ve clicked it before but it wasn’t added to the inventory.

I for one enjoy the game and don’t find it too difficult at all. I’ve been playing on my laptop and on my tablet and it’s working fine.

So today I can't play on mobile anymore I guess?

Clicking the items I know are correct either gives me a failed attempt, or "The page you are looking for does not appear to exist. If you entered the URL manually, check to make sure it doesn’t contain a typo." 

It happens repeatedly after trying several items, not just a one off glitch, and clearing cache and trying again did nothing. Guess I have to move to my computer, but that's quite annoying on top of the already janky game. 

Edit: to clarify, I haven't managed to get a single item to register as found. 

Edited by MissK.

Took about half an hour to do today's challenge, and that's with clicking zoom five times. The broom was the first item I clicked!

I also have been using the bottom line of eggs in the AP.  It's the first time I've done that during an event but got some eggs I wanted when the more recent years' eggs were scarce.

20 hours ago, Fiona said:

and that closet is pretty well organized compared to my *real* closet. lol.

My real closet requires spelunking gear and scares people. Some say it eats souls. At the very least, it eats a lot of time.

This game is getting kind of tedious. I thought the closet game would only be part of the event, not repeat every day. And now it isn't registering ANY taps, no matter what I go for. Annoying.

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

Clicking the items I know are correct either gives me a failed attempt, or "The page you are looking for does not appear to exist. If you entered the URL manually, check to make sure it doesn’t contain a typo."

This is happening to me too.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

16 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

What absolutely frustrates me this year is the AP. Couldn't there be something done about the rare dropping of earlier years' dragons? Perhaps by reducing the amount of the ancient ones? Or finding a better mixture? I hardly see Amariginis, which is kinda normal cus last year's dragon, but also getting Eradors is a pain. Of course due to hundreds of fellow players wanting/needing them too and are quicker or have the better internet.

And then all those messy lineages! It breaks my heart to see a gorgeous long checker broken to uselessness by some totally non-fitting single dragon or messy pack added. With a salty somewhere in it it even hurts more.

I have only bred Heartstealer and younger species and none of any of the commons to fight a bit against that, but if most people decide to breed all of their Valentines, they will eventually flood the AP with unwanted commons. I always try to nab some of the rare species and if I decided I have had enough bad luck, I'll pick up some cool Codes. Some of the commons even have very good linages or big fancy checkers including holidays since they are already so old.

On the linage front, yes I am guilty of doing that. I spent an hour looking at the linages of my Eradors, Sakuhanas and Floral-Crowned to at least have matching staircase dragons or checkers (like breeding a 3rd gen checker to another 3rd gen checker instead of a singe CB or staircase), but I gave up on this tiresome endeavour with the Heartstealers and just bred them to the next best dragon on my scroll. I just don't have any of them memorized or noted in their name how their linage looks like. I need to check each and every potential mate.  Just throw them back. Someone will be happy about getting one, even just for freezing as hatchie.

Look at this happy mess of a CB being bred to a Black 17th Gen, that found a home on my scroll. It's a Sakuhana which is a rare find in the AP and I am still happy that I got it.

Maybe I should start giving my holidays some indication of how their linage looks like in their name, or create a group?

2 minutes ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Maybe I should start giving my holidays some indication of how their linage looks like in their name, or create a group?

I think a group would be good. I, personally, don't like finding dragons named "Third Gen Valentine Checker 26" and such. I'm pretty good at memorizing or at least checking the things I'm breeding together, but sorting things in groups has really been helpful.

3 hours ago, Vampyre said:

I assume it is due to the size. The other items are all fairly similar in size and can fit in a grid, the broom is the only item (so far) that exceeds that

9 hours ago, nerys said:

Like many others, I love the concept and even as an older irregular player, I can solve this one.

But not on a phone, even a fairly new one., which is all some of us have for whatever reason 

Please make it work next time for us? Ta muchly x

There's a thread..

Are you using your phone's built in browser ? It seems that using others borks it - especially firefox.

Broom and Bundle of Thyme were the hard ones today, but I found them.

I thought the brown stick belongs to the thing on the bottom, making a big shovel, but in the end there was nothing else to be part of a Broom, so I just tried my luck XD

And the Thyme was VERY well hidden ^^

Like a broom. Sometimes you can only see the handle

Spoiler

It may look like this:

image.png.7807ab94f370d47856ae3578ef8db3ad.png  or this: image.png.e38452b87e24fd7e7b9565ccd253c724.png or sometimes it is standing in the corner front right.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Like a broom. Sometimes you can only see the handle

Ahhh I can see it now, thank you so much! :) 

I was too busy to breed my pretty babies, this year -- alas!  Valentine's is probably the holiday I have the best lineages for, especially since I am a teensy bit obsessed with Heartseekers.  I think I'm going to mass breed them in a day or two, in hopes of offering people some insta-mates for their new dragons. 

But, as usual, I am loving the new eggs and hatchies, loving the pretty AP finds, and loving the creative, funny, and visually delightful event (now that I can finally play it)!  A big thank you to spriters, writers, TJ, and all involved!

Question - I (eventually) managed to do the first quest and got the badge, do I have to do ALL the other days to make sure I don't lose out on something in future? I really, really do not like this game and would prefer not to play it anymore since I can't even manage to finish yesterday's bee's breath one.

I think this is a game you have to enjoy to play for the playing - not for "winning". And yes it is getting easier to spot stuff. I do not think one is in for any reward for having collected most items - and even if one does have e.g. a pen in the inventory from previous day, one still has to pick it up from the closet to get through this day's commission. This is meant to be fun waste of time, and I do find it so.

Somebody said earlier that the game did not fucntion on their phone with firefox, but did with the built-in default brand browser?

For those getting the error message today try clicking the item inside the magnifying glass. Before i had to click the actual item but today that gives me the error message but clicking the enlarged view in the glass works.

52 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

For those getting the error message today try clicking the item inside the magnifying glass. Before i had to click the actual item but today that gives me the error message but clicking the enlarged view in the glass works.

oh, that did it! feels like an unnecessary step since i don't really use the magnifying glass - but at least i can pick up items now. thanks for the tip!

Edited by miaou
i tyup gud :3

Ok, I am extremely frustrated by this event.  I have yet to finish a single day.  I finally figured out why today while trying to do the current one 'Oh, No, Not Again.  It gives you the list of items to find.  I go to search for them.   Sometimes, some of the items are their and other times the items are not.  The item is 'moved' or simply not on the screen at all.   So their is absolutely no way to finish it.  I am beyond frustrated with this and it is not fun at this point.  Can someone please fix this?  I beg you! 

I hope this is the last year we have the way too low 2CBs total limit.  
The initial year's should be higher, they are sitting there, only picked up by those who AP their previous, and then the next year they are much more scarce, the younger the breed is the scarcer it is... 

I've been doing the game on desktop, but I tried it on my phone to see how bad it is, and y'all. It is horrible. So frustrating, puzzle resetting while trying to collect one single item, I only ever managed to collect two at a time. I don't think it would be possible for me to complete even one day's worth unless I got impossibly lucky. My heart goes out to all of you in that situation. ETA: it's the actual tapping/selecting that's the problem, probably a screen sensitivity thing.

Re: the overabundance of old breeds in the AP - keep in mind they're not old breeds to new players. I do think old breeds should lay smaller clutches though, it's kind of annoying seeing a wall of stale Sweetlings when you're looking for something a little fresher!

Edited by Laura-Borealis

7 minutes ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Re: the overabundance of old breeds in the AP - keep in mind they're not old breeds to new players. I do think old breeds should lay smaller clutches though, it's kind of annoying seeing a wall of stale Sweetlings when you're looking for something a little fresher!

The breeding pool of those older breeds gets exponentially larger each year. I haven't bred more than a handful of my older ones for several years now because of the glut.

I do think that increasing the scroll limit would help with the problem, though. At least it would give us more of some of the newer breeds -- although, to be fair, it would probably give us a lot more of the older ones, too.