TJ09

2022-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

30 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

So, the dragons "lovesplain" lol. 

and now I have one Z'Lovesplainer!  Thanks for the name! :D

Edited by random_dragon_collector

I named my new hatchies Headsmacker and Lovelorn Advisor. The adults are wonderful!

Aaand they grew up! They are lovely! 💞 I'm so happy with the codes i got from this year's CBs (yolk and Sif) and the event is also fun (it was a little frustrating at first but it grew on me lol). Thanks to everybody that made this possible 💖

1 hour ago, White Fox said:

Try tilting your phone on its side. I've a Samsung and that worked for me.

I don't need to. I'm playing the game alright. I was letting everyone know who having problems that the way to get around it is to use your browser in desktop mode instead of mobile mode. :)

Heyyy, I'm glad y'all like these! They were really fun to work on, and Pixx and Nirami were great collab buddies as always!

This collab was started a waaays back, as a design sketch I proposed to the group:

unknown.png

It then turned into a wyvern, and after one rejection we decided to replace the tail leaves with flowers.

They're based off multiple things: strawberries and cream, chocolate covered strawberries, and the Reimu myrtle, a flower named after a character from the Touhou series for its resemblance to her hair bow.

5012403dly1fqhmvj95lfj21kw11ye2u.jpg

The dragon is not exactly directly based on the character, but there are subtle nods.

The dragons have ruffly fin-frill-things, not fur, for the record.

eeeee the new dragons are adorable. I love that they give unsolicited advice (I mean hey they're letting you camp out in their house cause you were a dunce who went and got caught out in bad weather lol ) But the real kicker is the head whallop when you've proven yourself to be an enemy XD

Today's seek and find was SUPER easy. I literally found all but the last one in under 30 seconds. The last one took a tad bit longer cause I couldn't see any shades of teal/blue but then I noticed a certain "feature" I'd been staring at the past couple of days had acquired a dragonish face in its shadows. So literally took me under 45 seconds to find everything!

Oh wow! These new dragons are beautiful. I'm not a fan of Pink but these dragons pull it off.

Also, that one Misfit Pygmy hiding in the ceiling today...how did it get up there?

I love this mini game!  Thanks TJ and everyone involved in the new dragon and the mini game :D

Today's game made me laugh after reading the story then looking at the closet.  My eyes were drawn immediately to the upper shelf where I saw turquoise naked TURKEYS ready for roasting...I'm still laughing over that.

Lovely new Valentine dergs! Thanks, TJ and spriters.

Also, this is the only time I didn't struggle with the minigame :lol:

Getting "aunt who is too nosy about your love life and will smack you with a rolled up newspaper when you doubt yourself" vibes out of that description. 😩

Fancy pink boys! Well done, if a bit too fussy for my taste. I do love the colors and I love the lore for these guys.

I have enjoyed the game, too. Aside from a bit of frustration here and there because items seemed to be totally hidden, I had no trouble with it once I was able to identify the objects I was looking for. Today's was actually too easy for me, but maybe some of the people who haven't been able to play it before will get a chance. I hope so, anyway.

Thanks to TJ, creators of the new dragon and all who worked to bring us the event!

I really like the tail of these guys and I’m grinning at their personality. 😄 On the whole, they’re a bit busy for me but that happens to me a lot.

1 hour ago, TCA said:

Heyyy, I'm glad y'all like these! They were really fun to work on, and Pixx and Nirami were great collab buddies as always!

This collab was started a waaays back, as a design sketch I proposed to the group:

unknown.png

It then turned into a wyvern, and after one rejection we decided to replace the tail leaves with flowers.

They're based off multiple things: strawberries and cream, chocolate covered strawberries, and the Reimu myrtle, a flower named after a character from the Touhou series for its resemblance to her hair bow.

5012403dly1fqhmvj95lfj21kw11ye2u.jpg

The dragon is not exactly directly based on the character, but there are subtle nods.

Oh my gosh I cannot believe my eyes! I was super excited to see the news, and I'm not disappointed haha. Super surprised that Mal was a part of this, but in a good way (definitely had no idea, it's so cool to see three people on a collab again :o). 

The tail leaves were rather adorable, and I'm kind of sad it didn't get through, BUT the flowers suit the dragon so well, so there's no complaints here. 

Congratulations Mal, Pixx, and TCA! 🌸

They remind me of Red pandas and Kitsune. Those adorable vulpine ears. 

I love them 😍

23 hours ago, Laura-Borealis said:

Re: the overabundance of old breeds in the AP - keep in mind they're not old breeds to new players. I do think old breeds should lay smaller clutches though, it's kind of annoying seeing a wall of stale Sweetlings when you're looking for something a little fresher!

Hey, I love Sweetlings, so I am happy to cram as many as I can onto my scroll. I enjoy other old(er) breeds too, like Radiant Angels, Heartstealing, and Rosebuds. To me the issue isn't the overabundance of older breeds so much as the fact that many are really messy/haphazardly bred. Yes, yes, I know some people like that, but it's often the majority of older holiday breeds (all of them, not just v-day) clogging up the AP, and then with the newer breeds as scarce as they are, it just kills me when I come across messy ones after finally beating out 60+ people in the AP to catch one.  People who collect frozen holidays usually like them messy (presumably so as to not "waste" a good lineage?), so I'm sure that's part of it, but I'm not sure why someone wouldn't want to freeze, say, high-gen stairs, since almost nobody seems to like stair lineages anymore. Or even high-gen checkers, since most people don't seem to like continuing them after 4G+ (and I get that with holidays it can be even more challenging/slower).

Spoiler

And on top of that, now we have an entire row of the AP taken up by normal eggs. During the whole holiday breeding season. I kinda hate that now. Even though I have been tempted by, and grabbed, some of them, holiday breeding is only once a year and it feels really unfair to have to not only wade through piles of messy older breeds to try to beat the hoards of other players to catch a few of the newer eggs, but get distracted by eggs that can otherwise be bred and caught all year round, and have one less row for holiday eggs, making competition even worse.

At this point, I think we really need either a separate holiday AP, or an extra row added during holidays (not my first choice, but a better compromise). And maybe even extra time to breed holidays or extra scroll slots, but I kind of doubt TJ would go for that at this point. I do really hope we have holiday CB limits increased from two to four, but that's another thing that's been suggested for a while and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Oops, I wound up venting some of my holiday gripes, so the rest is under that spoiler tag there so I don't sound too much like a wet blanket in this thread. Hatchies are grown! And Misfit Pygmies are up to shenanigans! There's fun stuff to discuss too!

I admit that I was getting bored and frustrated with the game, but with the addition of the cute Misfit hunt, I might just give it another chance. Was this planned all along, or was it added as a result of our gripes? I think it livens things up a little and keeps it from being too repetitive.

Strawberry-flower-foxie-dragons! Cute! ^_^

2 hours ago, TCA said:

Too late! My head canon says they are fluffy fox dergs. :P

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

So, the dragons "lovesplain" lol.

Hah! :lol:

Although when I read they gave "blunt" advice on romance, I was hoping it would be about the more down-to-earth/realistic things, rather than the "positive push" thing. Like "Listen, I know you have this super romantic wedding already planned out in your head, right down to the decorative scented candles matching the bridesmaid dresses, but you two have only been on one date and she hasn't called you back in a month. I don't think she is actually your 'soul mate' at this point." Or "Yes, you are head over heels for him, but he has constantly belittled your looks and told mean jokes about you to all his friends the entire time you've been dating. You deserve better." Or "Okay, so the two of you are truly in love in a mutually respectful relationship and engaged and ready to spend the rest of your lives together. But I don't think you're ready to buy that great big house, two fancy cars, and a boat, while planning to have kids right away as well. Let's talk about saving money, planning for the future, and the importance of having emergency medical funds instead of blowing all your extra cash on expensive frivolities during your first year as newlyweds."

Instead I guess they are more like relationship cheerleaders who tell the shy nerds to confess their true feelings before it's too late. Which is also good, of course. Maybe my idea of blunt relationship advice is too harsh for a lighthearted pixel collecting game. ^^;

*reviews wall of text* Okay, I'll shut up for now. Yay for cute dragons!

3 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Although when I read they gave "blunt" advice on romance, I was hoping it would be about the more down-to-earth/realistic things, rather than the "positive push" thing. Like "Listen, I know you have this super romantic wedding already planned out in your head, right down to the decorative scented candles matching the bridesmaid dresses, but you two have only been on one date and she hasn't called you back in a month. I don't think she is actually your 'soul mate' at this point." Or "Yes, you are head over heels for him, but he has constantly belittled your looks and told mean jokes about you to all his friends the entire time you've been dating. You deserve better." Or "Okay, so the two of you are truly in love in a mutually respectful relationship and engaged and ready to spend the rest of your lives together. But I don't think you're ready to buy that great big house, two fancy cars, and a boat, while planning to have kids right away as well. Let's talk about saving money, planning for the future, and the importance of having emergency medical funds instead of blowing all your extra cash on expensive frivolities during your first year as newlyweds."

Oh, I assure you, this is WELL within their behavior as well 😂

1 minute ago, Pixxelation said:

Oh, I assure you, this is WELL within their behavior as well 😂

Haha, so my dumb rambling wasn't all for nothing, I guess. ^^; That's good to know. I like the idea of them giving people looking at things with glasses tinted a little too rosy a bit of a reality check, while still being nice and helpful/encouraging.

aww, these new dragons are so lovely! the fruit theme is just such a nice touch. and i love the green accents. everyone please guess what dragon i'm breeding them to first, once i get the scroll space ; )

Beautiful adults! :wub:

(why do I want strawberry icecream now???)

btw. does the name VERMEIL come from vermilion aka cinnebar color? I think its the french version for that?

Edited by Su_Halcon