TJ09

2022-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

Love the new boys!

Hope you all enjoyed this year's event and it was a nice time for you all!

My two adults grew up! Also, the event was very fun, I enjoyed it.

Looks like another famous Dragon Cave event is coming to an end.   I've had a great time, as usual, and have added a good number of lovely dragons to my collection.  This years new one is especially handsome.   💖  I got off to a rough start with the game, but by the time it was over,  I found it much easier and it turned out to be a lot of fun. 

Thanks to the TJ, the artists, the writers, the Mods, and anyone else who  contributed to making this years Valentine event the success it was!   :D

Any new players who missed the Valentine’s Day drop of new eggs, the AP is now flooded with new release holiday eggs.  Since there is a limit of two of these per scroll, other players cannot pick them up to share with you. Hopefully you will check the AP, as it is chock full of new eggs. :)

E5781110-B611-454F-87B6-C20C596124FE.thumb.jpeg.f25beb2820c64ea80100f7adfcfad9b2.jpeg

New Release wall:

xNmqKSx.png

And the NR hatchie wall:

7krPnFX.png

and even MORE NR hatchie wall:

rWfSAQs.png

Sorry for image spam, I've just never been active when the hatchie wall happened before. :P Okay, I'll stop now.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

@VioletWhirlwind  Oohhh thanks for those screenshots! I got one of the NR egg wall and the v-day hatchies just now but I missed the NR hatchies (I like saving images of the end of event walls...).

Man all those AP hatchlings are so tempting! To grab or not to grab....

edit: Purty Arsani wall!

image.jpeg.c3219330dc839ee287831458047da8de.jpeg

Edited by HeatherMarie

I really enjoyed the scavenger hunt game! Thanks team!

Edit: @HeatherMarie I have a pics of the end wall, if you want them!

image.png.d1b8830955b7c12c32e659d6de4d8d22.png

image.png.649167c3017babbc89f862d20a03987f.png

Edited by cbussiere

The end is here..... 

image.jpeg.7e572887f4d401b0c7cf98c072157a77.jpeg

Thanks to everyone who made this DC Valentines possible!

The last of the wall:

A35C6D99-A158-4108-875E-EE2F6E9F6847.jpeg

8CB64E7A-1CBA-4E13-B1D2-553E315DE2A3.thumb.jpeg.8cb4099b2e6307583cf1fd2e1b47cfd0.jpeg

C4E000B0-5E18-4255-A57D-623E5B9DE952.thumb.jpeg.3f97eedf8c31afb1a3d667826636d45a.jpeg

Edited by missy_

12 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

The end is here..... 

Saddest day for every event. Sigh. 😢 Fare thee well, glorious wall of holiday beauties, how I loved thee.

Oh well, this year was the most successful for me in terms of getting some great stuff, plus everything I set out to get! As I said before, loved the event and game, and love the new dergs! Now to find out what they look good to breed with for next year... (and start getting mates for my new ones from this year! :wub:)

Thanks again, TJ and staff!

Edited by LadyLoki

A few more screenshots of the hatchie wall:

CA9EE438-4F53-40FF-9B18-8922C2C2C04C.thumb.jpeg.1ff31ede7ec7c671e097a5bead05c539.jpeg

7A94BC7A-38AB-452B-A406-34D4A8A0846B.thumb.jpeg.1380adea128648b1b8e5f4968c23db73.jpeg

great event, everyone! loved the game, loved the new dragons. and a very fun wall to witness.

first event in a few years that i really participated in daily, and i'm happy to add an additional 82 valentine's day dragons to the scroll :- ) possibly a new record for me!

There are still some stray hatchies sailing through! I just grabbed a nice Mutamore!

purpledragonclaw, thanks for the heads up! I will keep hunting!

ETA: General question. What determines when the wall ends?

Edited by missy_

2 hours ago, missy_ said:

ETA: General question. What determines when the wall ends?

In general, how many eggs have been abandoned. The AP holiday-walls only last as long as the abandoned holiday-eggs do, so it depends on how many users are actively breeding, how many of each breed they are breeding, etc.  That's shown in the fact that holiday walls used to end no more than a few days after breeding ended, but now they are lasting longer, because each year we get new breeds and collect more so there are continually more adults to be bred than the previous year.

Also depends to some extent on the people picking up the eggs, of course. The new valentines had an hours-long wall towards the end there, and that has a lot to do with them not getting picked up quickly because many people were already at their limits. 

:blink: I just caught a pretty checker Mutamore hatchie ! :blink:

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

In general, how many eggs have been abandoned. The AP holiday-walls only last as long as the abandoned holiday-eggs do, so it depends on how many users are actively breeding, how many of each breed they are breeding, etc.  That's shown in the fact that holiday walls used to end no more than a few days after breeding ended, but now they are lasting longer, because each year we get new breeds and collect more so there are continually more adults to be bred than the previous year.

Also depends to some extent on the people picking up the eggs, of course. The new valentines had an hours-long wall towards the end there, and that has a lot to do with them not getting picked up quickly because many people were already at their limits. 

Thanks for the detailed answer, HeatherMarie!  I wonder how the wall is affected if we throw eggs in hatcheries.  If the eggs become hatchies, does that shorten the period of the wall? 

8 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Thanks for the detailed answer, HeatherMarie!  I wonder how the wall is affected if we throw eggs in hatcheries.  If the eggs become hatchies, does that shorten the period of the wall? 

Only if people pick them up.

On 2/17/2022 at 8:30 AM, TCA said:

Heyyy, I'm glad y'all like these! They were really fun to work on, and Pixx and Nirami were great collab buddies as always!

This collab was started a waaays back, as a design sketch I proposed to the group:

unknown.png

It then turned into a wyvern, and after one rejection we decided to replace the tail leaves with flowers.

They're based off multiple things: strawberries and cream, chocolate covered strawberries, and the Reimu myrtle, a flower named after a character from the Touhou series for its resemblance to her hair bow.

5012403dly1fqhmvj95lfj21kw11ye2u.jpg

The dragon is not exactly directly based on the character, but there are subtle nods.

The dragons have ruffly fin-frill-things, not fur, for the record.

Thank you and @Pixxelation and @Malcorium for the lovely dragons!

I really like them.

Also thank all the writers and TJ for the Valentine's day event! I didn't get to finish it this time, but I had some fun at least. 

Since the event is officially over and the Valentine wall is gone in the AP I will close this for another year. Thank you to TJ and spriters, as always, for a fun event and new Valentine dragons!