TJ09

2022-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

Completed today's after twice going 'aaarrgghh!'  when I got down to the last one and had reset before I could see it! Ended up on 6x zoom!

I'm having some difficulty on today's game. Having to find three bundle items that lay horizontally seems to increase the chance that one of them will end up laying completely out of view/almost impossible to spot behind other items. I always end up with one bundle item left and then end up resetting hoping for better positioning

What a pretty new dragon. ❤️

Thanks to everybody involved in planning, drawing, writing and making this event so much fun!

While I was distracted by real life issues, I still managed to get 47 new Valentine's dragons and my two new ones on 14th Feb. ❤️

Looking forward to seeing all the lineage plans with the new dragon!

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

Aaaaah one more item (earth mana tincture) and I know how it looks like, but can't find it, must be well hidden XD  guess I need to refresh *cries*

Oh it kept the already found ones - is that new? This time it was easy to find the tincture^^

Edited by Su_Halcon

Beautiful adults!  Thank you TJ and the artists!

14 minutes ago, White Fox said:

NR?

Short for New Release, most people in the Hub use it before we know what a new release is actually called. 

It kinda breaks my heart to see so many trades in the Hub asking for 'genderswaps' with the new release, I really wish it was stated *somewhere* on-site that v-days are only one gender. 

8 hours ago, Su_Halcon said:

Oh it kept the already found ones - is that new?

Didn't happen that way for me. I had to start over twice today because first of all the earth mana was impossible to find, even with a zoomed screen at 210%! Then the teacup was totally hidden the second time. So I think you were just lucky. :)

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

It kinda breaks my heart to see so many trades in the Hub asking for 'genderswaps' with the new release, I really wish it was stated *somewhere* on-site that v-days are only one gender. 

Yeah, that happened at Christmas, too. :(

Love the new dragon, and the searching for ingredients game is a fun little joy to do each day. 

I feel like next year I am going to be good at catching new breed 2Gs in the AP.  Because I certainly can't seem to stop stupidly reflex clicking on them right now. I don't even know what my lizard brain thinks they are...?!? 🙃

4 minutes ago, Terrafreaky said:

I feel like next year I am going to be good at catching new breed 2Gs in the AP.  Because I certainly can't seem to stop stupidly reflex clicking on them right now. I don't even know what my lizard brain thinks they are...?!? 🙃

XD Me, too! But unfortunately next year everyone and their brother and sister and uncle and aunt and cousin will be after them, too.

There are some CB dragons in the AP at the moment, including some of the new dragons.

ETA: Still there; CB Rosebuds, CB Heartseeker, CB new release dragon, CB Valentine 2009, CB Arsani, and more.

Edited by missy_

On 2/17/2022 at 11:26 AM, Su_Halcon said:

btw. does the name VERMEIL come from vermilion aka cinnebar color? I think its the french version for that?

I wondered if it came from vermeil, which is gilded silver. But other than the name, what the link would be I don't know.

I like they use their tails to smack people. It's like getting whacked with a feather duster. XD

WB

3 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Short for New Release, most people in the Hub use it before we know what a new release is actually called. 

it does state they're only one gender via the influence screen, so assuming if players have at least one pink dragon they should be able to figure it out : >

sidenote, i'm shocked how few sakuhanas and soulstones i've seen in the ap. they're 3-5 year old breeds and i've seen far more eradors than those two, for some reason. are they less, or instead MORE popular than the rest?

1 hour ago, steeve said:
5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

it does state they're only one gender via the influence screen, so assuming if players have at least one pink dragon they should be able to figure it out : >

Its not just NRs, people ask about previous CBs also, same with CB Rosy/Blue solstices.

Maybe a trade FAQ sort of section for new players or something? With a holiday special section of some sort? That does assume they would read it before putting a trade up… XD I would say entry in encyclopaedia, but chances are the people who do this do not have said dragon unlocked. 

2 hours ago, steeve said:

sidenote, i'm shocked how few sakuhanas and soulstones i've seen in the ap. they're 3-5 year old breeds and i've seen far more eradors than those two, for some reason. are they less, or instead MORE popular than the rest?

I have seen quite a few Saku, but the Soulstones seem quite scarce. I really don't know why. I managed to catch a few, but threw all but one of them back because they weren't to my taste. The only Eradors I have ended up with are one I bred and one I traded for and I don't think I even caught any in the AP, although I saw quite a few fly by. The Amarignis has been totally unattainable for me -- by the time the AP loads the image the egg is long gone. I'm not too fussed about them, though, because they are not a favorite and I will get some next year by breeding and trading. Everything else I have seen at least small walls of.

I only needed 2 more Soulstones this year to hit my scroll-goal for them and I agree they were surprisingly scarce. In fact it feels like I saw more Amarignises in the AP than Soulstones (though that's probably not actually true). 

So, the AP wall is currently at 2d18h. The eggs I bred 13 minutes before midnight are at 3d5h.  Theoretically that means the end of the V-day wall will probably hit sometime tonight, probably in the early-morning hours. Though, I've done this before and was totally wrong on my prediction, lol. 

I totally understand why Soulstones might be bred less, but I am surprised that I haven't seen many Sakuhana around (though I have seen them often enough).

So busy with work but still playing as much as I can. 

I'm having trouble playing the event on phone so I'll take some time to play on my laptop just to get the badge. Is it possible to unlock the badge already? 

10 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

I'm having trouble playing the event on phone so I'll take some time to play on my laptop just to get the badge. Is it possible to unlock the badge already? 

The badge should appear once you complete the first story. (Or possibly any story... but definitely the first.)

14 minutes ago, Kegluneq said:

You only need to complete 1 story to get the badge: source Marrto did yesterday with the pygmies (pifering pests) and got it. This is the easiest day to complete.