TJ09

2022-02-14 - Happy Valentine’s Day!

28 minutes ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Haha, so my dumb rambling wasn't all for nothing, I guess. ^^; That's good to know. I like the idea of them giving people looking at things with glasses tinted a little too rosy a bit of a reality check, while still being nice and helpful/encouraging.

Oh, yeah, the main reason that wasn't in the description was concerns about it getting too long or awkward, and trying to go for the more obviously romantic angle for what's displayed up-front. They're definitely not going to sugarcoat a necessary reality check.

Also, the 'confess your feelings already' variant of their blunt advice would be phrased more like "Just spit it out, you're not getting any younger and you're just waffling because you're worried about rejection. Well guess what, the only difference between what you're doing now and you after getting rejected is anxiety--"

3 hours ago, TCA said:

They're based off multiple things: strawberries and cream, chocolate covered strawberries,

My brain still sees Dragon Fruit when I look at them, thus both of mine got that as part of their name (Rotting Dragon Fruit and Overripe Dragon Fruit).

That aside, Can't wait for mine to grow up. I've already got mates in mind for them and everything. So thanks to everyone involved 

12 minutes ago, TCA said:

Oh, yeah, the main reason that wasn't in the description was concerns about it getting too long or awkward, and trying to go for the more obviously romantic angle for what's displayed up-front. They're definitely not going to sugarcoat a necessary reality check.

That makes sense. I've noticed descriptions are getting rather wordy these days, although it's good that you can cram more lore into them. And yeah, I get that the romance angle would be played up for Valentine's, rather than the harsher but necessary advice like "You two are just plain incompatible and need to move on", etc. Still, nice to know they can give out both kinds of advice.

Oh…the new dragon looks nice. I like that they are based on a flower. Flowers and plants can be epic and they can be nice for creatures. The event is pretty nice, though I kind of wish it would be longer. There is so many cool things in the closet, it would be nice to see more…but also, what does some of this stuff do? Like stinkwort…I like how there is an anti-social potion too XD

I seriously can't believe I managed to snag the name "Unsolicited Love Advice" for one of my babies! Its pretty much what you get if you stumble into their den so its a perfect name. Was sure someone would have nabbed it! LMAO

Love them so much though. I normally dislike pink stuff but these guys are pretty cute!

5 hours ago, TCA said:

Heyyy, I'm glad y'all like these! They were really fun to work on, and Pixx and Nirami were great collab buddies as always!

This collab was started a waaays back, as a design sketch I proposed to the group:

unknown.png

It then turned into a wyvern, and after one rejection we decided to replace the tail leaves with flowers.

They're based off multiple things: strawberries and cream, chocolate covered strawberries, and the Reimu myrtle, a flower named after a character from the Touhou series for its resemblance to her hair bow.

5012403dly1fqhmvj95lfj21kw11ye2u.jpg

The dragon is not exactly directly based on the character, but there are subtle nods.

The dragons have ruffly fin-frill-things, not fur, for the record.

Not going to lie, I'm glad that this ended up becoming a wyvern because they're just plain gorgeous that way. That said, the original design is still incredibly pretty, I just happen to adore wyverns.

Love. The. Adults!!!! Eeeeekkkk I may have a new favorite for v-day! Love the lore so much, I love the idea of a 'motherly-advice' type of dragon for this holiday (and smacking someone upside the head seems very on-brand for a personality like that, lol). My very first look at the adult it seemed 'too busy' for my taste but when I actually took time to look at it and take in the full sprite and details that completely went away. I just love love love the coloring, and the frilly things, and that face is just adorably squishable. 

Congrats and thank you to the wonderful spriters who made this awesome new dragon! 

The adults are so pretty, and I love the lore!

and when I was code hunting (I’m on mobile so I have to hold down on the link to see the code) I accidentally clicked on one, and I said “why did I do that?” and that egg has YDid in it’s code xD

I also managed to catch and release 3 extras for the AP

And today’s puzzle made me laugh! Loved it ^^

Thank you so much and congrats to the Spriters! Wonderful work ^^

Edited by Pliskin

I think this is one of my favourite valentine realises yet, I love the unsolicited advice bit in the description,that really made me laugh and smile, and I think they look fantastic as well, can not wait for mine to grow :)

Thanks everyone involved with this release I think this has been a great holiday release, spritors and creators you have brought us a great breed and thanks TJ for releasing them :)

Got distracted the first two days after getting my new eggs, so I didn't get to the event until 8:45 PM my time (11:45PM cave time),  So I was panicking, thinking I had 15 minutes to do the whole event before it disappeared...  Was still working on the first puzzle when the hour changed (that darn paper label is REALLY hard to spot!); I'm SO glad that the event didn't end when I thought it would. XD;  This is surprisingly fun.

Quick note to those having trouble finding the items...try increasing the zoom level in your browser...it really helped me a lot!  (I dunno about mobile, I don't use the site on my phone, sorry!)

Oh I absolutely love these dragons. Oh my. Oh dear. I totally wasn't expecting them to look so floral and I'm so happy! The tail and the wing frills are just stunning. The pointy little angular snout is adorable, and those bootlike ruffles on the ankles, hehe. I almost missed this release and I'm so glad I don't have to wait until next year to have them on my scroll!

Regarding the Reimu myrtle: I had to reread that bit to understand that the flower is named after Reimu and not that she's named after the flower! That's so awesome! For the curious, I looked more into it and it's a cultivar of crape myrtle that's being bred by the Beijing Forestry University. Such a cool inspiration! x) So now we have a dragon based on a flower based on a Touhou character. I wonder if they'll ever know. Someone should contact the horticulturalists.

the spritework on these guys is amazing and their lore is so cute!! I've never felt so compelled to hoard a vday since heartseekers! thanks again TCA, Pixx and Mal, you guys never disappoint 💜

14 minutes ago, cuppycake08 said:

can anyone help me with what the stinkwort pollen looks like? please

image.png.e9f66293d418d205fe38bd4cea3e0f48.png

I'm really loving the new dragons, great job to all the concept creators, artists/spriters! They're very pleasant to look at.

So glad people are liking these guys ❤️ I've been really proud of these sprites for a while and it's really nice to get to put them out into the world. This collaboration was such an easy and positive experience, and I'm so happy to share this release with @TCA and @Malcorium. It's been seven years since I've worked on a holiday that got picked, so this was a really pleasant surprise. Plus, I finally got to make a wyvern holiday! Wyverns = best dragons.

Much love to everyone, and I hope you all enjoy the Vermeils!

Thanks to spriters and all the other folk for all your efforts on the latest youngsters who'll grow to knock on Fiona's door in the future as well as grace our scrolls. Thanks to TJ who puts in a whole lot of effort bringing all the threads together to make the DC tapestry "real"!

Edited by PrairieStead
Added clarification.

This chapter took a little while, would be almost through but invariably click on the wrong item and have to start again. Finally got through after I remembered what the bottle of solvent looked like.

Not to be that stereotypical 'yay representation!' person, but I really like today's story. In general I feel like the past handful of years many of the events have had more diversity and uniqueness among the characters and stories.