TJ09

2021-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

1 hour ago, Corteo said:

So glad everyone is enjoying the dragons!  Just a few words to some of the inspiration.... the name Pryanost means, as Infi mentioned, spice in Russian.  There is a Russian gingerbread called Pryaniki which also served as inspiration (photo 1photo 2 - photo 2 is a special version from the town of Tula and they are the best).  The wing markings are inspired by Ded Moroz aka Grandfather Frost whose coat is much more detailed than Western Santa (photo 1).  Also fun fact, Ded Moroz comes not on December 24/25th, but on New Years!  You need to recite a poem or sing a song to get your gift.  So start learning - you still have time! ;)

Thanks for the background info on the inspiration. It is always fun to know what goes into the creation of the dragons.

*raises a paw*

How are team points calculated? How do individual scores effect the team's total score?

Beautiful new dragon! I instantly paired it with Mutamore in my mind, they would go perfectly with each other. There is already a breeding plans thread for Pryanost, if anyone would like to find or share some ideas ^_^

Yo can I eat this

Beautiful, delicious looking dragon, om nom nom ♡ Love the wing markings a lot.

1 hour ago, 0x08 said:

A question about the event, actually... Who is the little fella that we play as in Delivery Race and Cocoa Rush? Are they a dragon, a human, something else? They're adorable.

They're Cocoa! Another character joining the ranks of ambiguous humanoids such as Snowa and Sanda. They are whatever you envision them to be.

Kit, the artist for Cocoa, has posted a few pieces of art if you wanted to see Cocoa in more detail.

On 12/25/2021 at 12:51 AM, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

Vc8HTXpL_o.png

This is a really fun Holiday event.  Thanks TJ, spriters and everyone involved.  I really appreciate all the talent! :D

Go Team UMBRA!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

No, you're not. It's four games, and you see the medal your team got for the day. The pop up will tell you which game. (From top: Cocoa - Delivery -Snowball -Snow Wars)

Then I am - that never occurred to me !

This Holiday dragon...... omg they're amazing and I'll be seeking an army next year. So many ideas popping in my head for breeding pairs. Autumn Seasonals, winter seasonals, Caligene, Golden Floret, Chrono Xeno, Gaia xeno, Maybe Stats, Labradorites, Arcana, Eradors (totally breeding one with my buddy, Poptart) Heartskeeing, Equinox, ugh, so many amazing choices!

My only complaint is that I wish they were western style dragons. I’m just not a lindwyrm fan. I like my dragons with four legs or no legs. 😆 Oh well. Everything else about it is lovely.

Hoho, some funny stuff happened with today's gaming sessions.

Was playing Cocoa Rush while listening to stuff on shuffle, and when my score was at about 3000, SHUM by Go_A (Ukraine's Eurovision song '21) started playing. The song was picking up tempo at the same time as the game! And lemme tell you, stuff became intense. And I definitely lost just as the song ended in its grand finale cry. It was like fate.

Got a personal high score too. Gonna have to try that again. SUPER fun.

Also, earlier today Tetris gave me the best puzzle ever. Gave me a good chuckle.

ezpuzl.PNG

2 hours ago, 0x08 said:

2 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I assume they are wearing a Mistletoe based coat, aside that not sure but they are cute!

I went to check...

image.png.655a5a80c7855355f3fe29b8133eeaf4.png

I would have said Garland! :o

fWLm.png.b58df500dcb3fa8d9ace59e003f49ff2.png

Ahh I stand corrected! :D Good eye

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Thanks for the background info on the inspiration. It is always fun to know what goes into the creation of the dragons.

One of my favorite parts of any new release is when we get extra info about inspiration or lore. 

2 hours ago, Marshi said:

*raises a paw*

How are team points calculated? How do individual scores effect the team's total score?

I'd love to understand this better myself. I'm curious just how much our individual scores actually affect team scores, I assume there are percentages and maths involved but I really have no idea. It does seem like individual scores are a very tiny portion of team scores (which makes sense, given how many users are probably on each team), I can play one game 5+ times in a row and the meter barely moves at all.

We have a name for the new character, yay! Cocoa is adorable, I loooove their Garland-like outfit! I feel like I'm picking up some sass from them too, the way they seem to almost face-palm when you lose on Cocoa Rush. 

I'm late but merry Christmas, everyone! It's been a lot of fun so far, I'm very happy to be in team umbra because it's one of my favourite xenos. And oh, I am already in love with the pryanost lindwyrms! As always, thanks to all who's been working for the 2021 Holidays. 🎄

1 hour ago, Platykwak said:

Also, earlier today Tetris gave me the best puzzle ever. Gave me a good chuckle.

ezpuzl.PNG

Oh that is just too funny!

Ha! I was close on my name guess (I had guessed Pryanik because gingerbread) 

That aside, I can't decide if I actually like the adults or not. On the one hand, I do like the colors chosen, but on the other - they're another Sprite my eyes are registering as "busy".

Also, it's still semi-annoying to me that these aren't following the Holiday 20XX sorting. Either change them or change the others (as best as can be changed as I know some of the names aren't official). Meh, I'll forget about them on my scroll until next year so it's a moot point XD

That that aside, I really want to make a lineage with these guys and Scripts now.

12 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

That that aside, I really want to make a lineage with these guys and Scripts now.

ooooh, that's a really nice looking pairing!!

*adds to calendar for next year?*

Edited by trystan

Just got attacked in Snow Wars while in the middle of attacking someone else, lol! That was a surprise. 

Love this year's dragon ❤️ Named them 'ginger' and 'bread' in Finnish :D Not a super fan of the mini games, but would play Snow Wars again if I didn't have to destroy my fort in order to do so. I made it into a cute little garden. Waiting ever so anxiously for Alchemy to get released again, because I live for that game. Swapped out my gold decorations on my tree for silver this year :D A very late but Merry Christmas ❤️ May 2022 be kinder to us all!

I love these - the wings are so pretty! And the lore is absolutely adorable. These are top contenders for some of my favorite holiday dragons. Thank you everyone who worked on these & the event ^.^

4 hours ago, Platykwak said:

ezpuzl.PNG

this is my favorite thing from today. :D

I absolutely love the new dragon! Gingerbread is wonderful and I love the design; they look so cozy. Thank you to the spriters and everyone who worked on this!